Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

When are the temperatures expected to fall away perhaps in time for some wintryness on the back edge?

1 minute ago, Dbarb said:

When are the temperatures expected to fall away perhaps in time for some wintryness on the back edge?

March............... 😀

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

March............... 😀

Please don't do this to me😂. The idea of seeing a flake at 6 in the morning is what's keeping me from insanity lol.

Just now, Dbarb said:

Please don't do this to me😂. The idea of seeing a flake at 6 in the morning is what's keeping me from insanity lol.

Haha I get you, and I reckon I will be peering out to see if there are any big fat flakes whizzing past the Lampost at 6am when I put the bins out - Doh

Back edge is turning wintry,be nice if the colder air digs in quicker

Look how busy it is vvvvvvvv LOL....we are only joking, No snow at all on the horizon 😜

Snow in Blackburn already. Apparently !

• Like 1

Just checked the radar again,no wintryness showing at all now,how sad is it,that im radar watching for back edge snow,dire winter so far,still 10 days away looks really good

• Like 2

Lol I will cry if I miss an big bumping of snow in March as I’m away in aus for the the whole of that month. Just hope it happens soon 

Ive just realised that I haven't read anything from tamara,on here,or the mod thread,anybody know whats happened,also the man from yarmouth,lowestoft?,used to work at felixstowe docks,his wife was on here as well,cant remember his name

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, abruzzi spur said:

Temperature steadily rising in Reigate at 110m, where it's now 2.5c after this evening's low of 1.1c at 8pm. Dewpoint heading up as well, now 1.9c.

Edit: raining

Already, isn't it early. 

31 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Ive just realised that I haven't read anything from tamara,on here,or the mod thread,anybody know whats happened,also the man from yarmouth,lowestoft?,used to work at felixstowe docks,his wife was on here as well,cant remember his name

As far as I know Tamara has left and carinthian I think it was.

has left to Due to comments over posting his snowy home town pics I believe.

but I may be wrong

appologies if I am.

Edited by snowbob
  • Sad 1

It’s busy in here LOL are things really that bad? First significant rain of 2019 imminent perhaps 5 minutes of wet snow on the backedge what comes after front, looks much more interesting.

652119B6-1364-48B1-9ABE-EF8A7DA8917A.thumb.png.3b135a59700e52cafad0c5e747e85bea.png6F1197BC-1AAA-43C0-B346-50ED6AE5DC33.thumb.png.49695cf1a9add9d1dabda64f1311315e.png

• Like 2

After absolutely pelting it down in Gillingham at 3.45 when I got up, it had stopped by 4.45 when I left the house.

Medway council obviously think it's going to get a lot colder though as the gritters were out going through Chatham.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

The ice down my single track road is just starting to glisten in the light... 

Absolute carnage on the roads this morning, I find ice worse than snow because drivers assume its not there.. Till its to late 

Still good chance of a few suprises today! 

• Like 2

Well after getting off the bus at the top part of Chatham, the temperature has definitely dropped.  Can see my breath and my hands were freezing when they had been ok.

With the sun rising can see the back edge of the front going through. You can tell how the temp has dropped as cars that had wet windscreens we I set of for a walk with the dog are now frozen over with that lovely feather effect. 

Temperature dropping away, down to 2.4c now the rain has cleared.

Not a lot of activity in the west though, can’t see how we’ll get anything from that this evening? 

1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Temperature dropping away, down to 2.4c now the rain has cleared.

Not a lot of activity in the west though, can’t see how we’ll get anything from that this evening? 

Bit early... Trough not even making in roads over wales till lunch time..

35614684_fax2.thumb.gif.8a37fc96efc7213ac5c9e3bf217b62ab.gif

By midnight it has only just cleared the south coast...

fax 3.gif

• Like 3

Cold has deffo swept through here

0.9c.

Expecting to see some flakes later today ❄️😁

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Bit early... Trough not even making in roads over wales till lunch time..

35614684_fax2.thumb.gif.8a37fc96efc7213ac5c9e3bf217b62ab.gif

By midnight it has only just cleared the south coast...

fax 3.gif

Maybe a good thing dropping in after dark !

Can clearly see the back edge of the  front coming through with the moon setting in the background.

54C78F02-175E-4931-8C84-F26EFDC31B85.jpeg

• Like 6

Morning all,

Well all models this morning seemingly continuing with the theme of NW/SE diving lows, off the back of a mid-Atlantic ridge.

Each attempted Northerly seems to be backing the pattern, incrementally westwards. But lows coming out of eastern Canada, keep flattening an attempted link up between the ridge  and a possible build of heights over Greenland.

In the latter stages of the ECM run, a separate cell of high pressure coming off the eastern seaboard looks to drain the core of heights away from our "resident", High Pressure. (which has hung around, longer than the In-Laws at Xmas!!). As this happens, it could finally open up the Arctic floodgates.

As Ian Currie suggested, we may need a few "bites of the cherry" before we see a Northerly of note.

So we may need a bit more patience, perhaps until the end of the month/beginning of Feb., before your Preserve of choice is put before you, wherever it be Jam, marmalade, whatever. But when it is dished up, let's hope it's "Taste The Difference", rather than Sainsbury's "Basic" range!!

And as Rob McElwee would say, "And then there's February's, Scandinavian High" (possibly). Does the "legend's" eyebrow movement and Satanic laugh!! :diablo:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The moon looks incredible this morning. It's huge!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Can clearly see the back edge of the  front coming through with the moon setting in the background.

54C78F02-175E-4931-8C84-F26EFDC31B85.jpeg

I caught it from the other side just after 7.

IMG_20190122_071031.jpg

• Like 1