Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a great day for February - a real tonic. Wall-to-wall sunshine and 15C. The garden chairs came out lunchtime and me and Mrs Blessed sat in the sun for an hour. And then ending in a beautiful sunset. :oldsmile:

63034190_Sunset24Febreduced.thumb.jpg.234947cf1ad0cb52d4f0e90c5bc56735.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
3 hours ago, Snipper said:

Great day today. Lovely weather. Nice doing things in the garden and out and around. Heating off for a few days. Great! Obviously this does not apply for those who hide in a darkened room looking for a snow flake. Get outdoors and do stuff. 

Ok we are likely to get some chilly weather but make the most of what we have at the moment. We are only now going to get annoying cold weather from now on. 

Agree @Snipper

Absolute beaut of a day here today, unbroken sunshine & felt like mid spring. 

I’m not worried in the slightest that it hasn’t rained substantially in a while, we are an island that borders the North Atlantic Gulf Stream, it has and it will balance out with lashings of rain. It’s the UK. 

Ironic that some folk get all uppity, because of a few weeks of settled weather in late winter. 

Its either this or borefest Atlantic wet crap let’s be honest. 

Fingers crossed for a summer 2018 repeat. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

First picnic of the year here today! Spitfire flying around, hubby with his drone, girls on bikes, spaniel happy and and cheeky vino.....can't quite believe it's still February! Is there any hint of something colder, or should we forget it this year? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
35 minutes ago, scrat said:

First picnic of the year here today! Spitfire flying around, hubby with his drone, girls on bikes, spaniel happy and and cheeky vino.....can't quite believe it's still February! Is there any hint of something colder, or should we forget it this year? 

I'm hoping there's still time for you to see a snowflake at Biggin Hill, Scrat. In the meantime, I'm going to 

image.thumb.png.5514ed0ba216830e6a77e2aec0aa5cd5.png to Ian Currie's suggestions of Greenland height rises in March and a possible wintry Northerly but the current

image.png.1d221ab19bf0c147b728267195697640.png , suggests otherwise. Meanwhile, image.png.987f328d1dcb31afcf9e5f22ac6f420b.png says, MAKE IT SO!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
30 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

I'm hoping there's still time for you to see a snowflake at Biggin Hill, Scrat. In the meantime, I'm going to 

image.thumb.png.5514ed0ba216830e6a77e2aec0aa5cd5.png to Ian Currie's suggestions of Greenland height rises in March and a possible wintry Northerly but the current

image.png.1d221ab19bf0c147b728267195697640.png , suggests otherwise. Meanwhile, image.png.987f328d1dcb31afcf9e5f22ac6f420b.png says, MAKE IT SO!!

Regards,

Tom.  

Haha, lets hope so Tom

although I am a little reluctant to share my weather preferences without the fear of being pounced on . Oh well at least it’s on topic I suppose. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Another smashing day on the cards with un broken sunshine & mild temps. Probably best to make the most of this week as some much needed rain to top up the reservoirs arrives for the start of March. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Hard ground frost here and a temp of 0.2c looks like another glorious day on the cards ! I notice our local station Hampton water works had a top temp of 19.0c yesterday .

Edited by Badgers01
Extra info

Posted

In Broadstairs, the high yesterday was 12C - that coastal influence is still very strong, although in direct sunlight it does feel much warmer. Hoping for higher temps this week so we can join the party. Locally it's been a strange month as we recorded higher February temperatures back in 2017 (16C) and 2012 (15C). The high so far this month is 13C. 

Nothing extraordinary is happening on the Kent Coast, it's sunny and dry but temperatures aren't matching the rest of the country. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Im  absolutely  loving this hot weather. I took one of the children to school (others are sick)  it was a chilly 2 degrees, Im now sitting in the garden and the sun is reakly hot, it is such a complete contrast to this time last year.  We live on the river at Rye and the water is bright blue and I know that they might be a silly thing to say but it makes me feel brighter to look at the nice blue glistening water rather than the dull grey we get used to over the winter months.  My children have been outside playing in the sun all day. I know we will soon see the rain and its important that we get it but I want this to last a little while longer PLEASE

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, shotski said:

Another smashing day on the cards with un broken sunshine & mild temps. Probably best to make the most of this week as some much needed rain to top up the reservoirs arrives for the start of March. 

Yes indeed. Looks like some much more unsettled weather on way later in week. Hopefully the high to our se that ruined any chances of a decent end to winter will finally do one! Couple of wet damp weeks would do no harm now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

By the Gods this weather is boring - looks like a slight pattern change come later in the week but still looks pretty boring. Where is the cool/cold Pm/Am air from northerly's or north westerly's between the low pressures that we don't get any more? or the lack of cold high pressure that we see less and less of?

Yawn!:lazy:

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Well, I think we are done for snow for another year!

Beautiful spring weather has sprung.

Looking at my signature a slightly worse overall than last year in terms of falling snow, and a total cop-out for laying snow!

But the chase, as always has been good fun. I make this my annual 'farewell till October' post! I shall check in at some point over the summer but for now folks, I am away to enjoy the sunshine!

Till next years chase...

Edited by throwoff
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
28 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Hopefully the high to our se that ruined any chances of a decent end to winter will finally do one!

The continuation of low pressure ALL the time in the Atlantic is another reason...look at the write-off month of December 2018 and look to our west, day after day all you'll see is low pressure but this time not with the defined strong jet that we associate with mild conditions.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Looking like another glorious day. I love it when we can get a frost in the morning, and the high teens in the afternoon. Cloudless again for what seems like an eternity now. If i can't have any snow, then this runs it second. Expecting something around 17-18c later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Already up to 13.9C here, so yesterday's 15.1 looks like being kicked into touch?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Already up to 16c here in N Surrey amazing weather just saw a butterfly go past my office window !! 

Early dog walk and the amazing Modernist House on the edge of Esher was looking resplendent!

38BDBE3A-EDC3-4D1C-9880-076D55C2FDFC.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
2 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

By the Gods this weather is boring - looks like a slight pattern change come later in the week but still looks pretty boring. Where is the cool/cold Pm/Am air from northerly's or north westerly's between the low pressures that we don't get any more? or the lack of cold high pressure that we see less and less of?

Yawn!:lazy:

How can you say this weather is boring, |I would rather have this weather in Feb and bearable temps rather than mid summer of 35c plus which is almost % wise what this weather would be.

If you like weather this is exciting, beautiful and fantastic for the time of the year.

Personally this BORING weather can stay for another couple of weeks plus.  

• Like 1

Posted

A remarkable 17.8c in Reigate and still heading up after an overnight low of 0.9c.  Cloudless deep blue skies.  Wonderful stuff.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
On 06/02/2019 at 10:34, lassie23 said:

hang on in there Fred, only another two weeks before the next cool spell

Edited by weathertoski