Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Its a lovely sunny afternoon, a blue sky with wisps of white clouds streaking the sky.  The only minor irritation to these beautiful afternoon is a noisy low-flying helicopter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day, blue skies and 15C. Easy to think spring has sprung but still a good few weeks left where winter could return.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Seems like a nice day out there, today. Still harbouring hopes of some late season snowfall. :whistling:

Had to curtail my afternoon nap. Have developed a nasty cold, that my Wife no doubt caught at the Residential Care Home, where she works.

Have hardly slept a wink in the last couple of days/nights, thanks to Phillip Phlegm. :oldangry:

image.png.c584a3f7408cc779b23023806007c9f6.png

My airwaves decided to perform an impromptu violin recital, this afternoon but it certainly was NO Stradivarius!!  :nonono: 

They could have been tuned in first.

So decided to sit up in bed and watch a bit of "The Miserables" with Colette. The "violin" stopped but crikey, those French are a depressing lot, aren't they!! Now need another course of counselling!! :help: Think I'd rather spend a couple of hours reading posts, in the Model Thread. :oldsmile:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Top of 10.5c on the south coast due to the southerly wind, didn’t feel spring like in the wind as other places have felt due to the cold English Channel waters... but in the sun away from the wind felt nice enough for the time of year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

So much for spring like temps, cloudy and above all, bloody freezing all day, hopefully it will liven up tomoz and the weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
On 20/02/2019 at 21:22, Blessed Weather said:

Please folks, this thread is meant to be about discussing the weather and its impact here in the SE. A little bit of off-topic is fine, but recent posts are taking things too far. Can we get back on topic please.

Chat about your local weather and it's effect on your daily life here in the regional forums.

Thank you.

Oh ok..... That's a shame.... The reason I like coming in to this forum, isn't just for the weather related comments but also for light hearted, down to earth, chat that people have on day to day basis...... Goats, melons, cucumbers and most importantly @TomSE12's life, history and weather....but more importantly the fact that people feel that they can talk about normal day to day things with other normal people..... Yes weather related maybe, but more often than not...... But at the end of the day if people just can't talk in whatever "forum" they've got friends they feel comfortable talking to then you may as well just delete the thread entirely........ This will almost certainly get deleted but hey hum...

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Nice day couldn't be weebled to mow the lawn though

What is the perceived wisdom on cutting the grass in early spring when there might still be sharp frosts to come?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!
1 hour ago, John Stevens said:

Oh ok..... That's a shame.... The reason I like coming in to this forum, isn't just for the weather related comments but also for light hearted, down to earth, chat that people have on day to day basis...... Goats, melons, cucumbers and most importantly @TomSE12's life, history and weather....but more importantly the fact that people feel that they can talk about normal day to day things with other normal people..... Yes weather related maybe, but more often than not...... But at the end of the day if people just can't talk in whatever "forum" they've got friends they feel comfortable talking to then you may as well just delete the thread entirely........ This will almost certainly get deleted but hey hum...

Understand as the majority do, life is hard

It's a weather related thread though, not behind the key hole or jk.

Imo get a grip. Respect to Tom though life can be cruel

Very warm at times in North west kent today. 

Imagine this will not be received very well in the community but I only come on here because I like COLD. Will be gone soon

Light  hearted

Deep  

Many more platforms or email 4 this.

Edited by icykev
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

Up early again, for the second time after a restless night, due to a nasty cold. Weather very benign, at the moment. Looks like we can expect a bit of fog, in the next few days. If Lassie sees this, is there an FFI (February Fog Index) and what does that tell us about the coming, Spring/Summer?

Perhaps, for March as well (an MFI) but as a forecasting tool is ok for a couple of days, then falls apart. (Boom, boom!!). Nothing very boom, boom about the Model runs, this morning. Although the 00z ECM looks as though it could introduce a wintry Northerly, if it went further, than t240.

image.thumb.png.b86bef5f5f38ca63965affe58ca713be.png

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
7 hours ago, John Stevens said:

Hi John,

Sounds like you may not be aware that there is a 'Lounge' area on Netweather where you can chat away to people about all sorts of things? Pop over and take a look. There are dozens of different threads and topics, from gardening to music to metal detecting. Here's a screen grab and the link.

1132776322_Loungegrab.thumb.jpg.f60b1006de89ea1f0e824c8c759ffbfe.jpg

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/17-the-lounge/

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sun has now burnt through the fog, but a pea souper out there this morning. I love driving over the M2 bridge in the fog. It's like being on a bridge to nowhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 hours ago, m1chaels said:

What is the perceived wisdom on cutting the grass in early spring when there might still be sharp frosts to come?

A light cut is ok, don’t go too short or the grass may get frost burn.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What an absolute corker of a day! Wall-to-wall sunshine, 3 mph SW breeze, and 12.2C at 11 am...:yahoo:

Posted

11.5c just now. Just about right to get some allotment work done. Another day leave off work.

Met going for pretty average day temperature wise. There is alot of non sensical euphoria on the other thread about this 'heat'. Nonsense. 

Hopefully get some decent rain soon. 

Screenshot_20190222-120812.png

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
16 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

11.5c just now. Just about right to get some allotment work done. Another day leave off work.

Met going for pretty average day temperature wise. There is alot of non sensical euphoria on the other thread about this 'heat'. Nonsense. 

It's not hot lol

5 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Up early again, for the second time after a restless night, due to a nasty cold. Weather very benign, at the moment. Looks like we can expect a bit of fog, in the next few days. If Lassie sees this, is there an FFI (February Fog Index) and what does that tell us about the coming, Spring/Summer?

Perhaps, for March as well (an MFI) but as a forecasting tool is ok for a couple of days, then falls apart. (Boom, boom!!). Nothing very boom, boom about the Model runs, this morning. Although the 00z ECM looks as though it could introduce a wintry Northerly, if it went further, than t240.

image.thumb.png.b86bef5f5f38ca63965affe58ca713be.png

Regards,

I couldn't find anything on February fog but there is an August Fog Index

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Apart from snow, today is pretty much perfect weather, nice and warm in the sun without being overly hot. Maxes of 20 this summer would be lovely ⛅️ 

• Like 1

Posted

thick fog rolling in here from the sea.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

7c and foggy, hasn’t burnt off all day and it actually feels cold outside in the wind...

Posted

Evening all,

Well the Forecast Models continue to frustrate. As Ian Currie's thoughts aren't quite going to plan, I thought I'd have a word with another Meteorologist friend of mine. Mrs. Anne Elk, sorry that should be Miss, she's a bit touchy about her marital status!!

When I asked her about her current thoughts as we end the Winter Season, she stated the following:

"Winters in the U.K. are mild at one end, much, much colder in the middle and mild again, at the other end."

Well, we've had the mild bits Anne but what happened to the cold??

Not really what you or I wanted to hear, no doubt. But please, don't shoot the messenger!! :nonono:

Here is Anne appearing on a programme called, Science Today, espousing another one of her theories about the Brontosaurus:

I apologise about the quality of the clip. Anne can be a very nervous individual and yes, I do have some very strange friends!!

I hope B.W is ok with this, at least I kept it weather related this time.

Regards,

Tom. :hi::crazy:

• Like 4

Posted

My Wife tells me it felt very mild outside today. Managed to get my head down for a couple of hours this afternoon, to negate the amount of sleep I lost last night, due to a blasted cold. Still slept a little, despite my airwaves wanting to give me a rendition of Mozart's, Violin Concerto No.1 in B - Flat Major and crikey, it was flat!! :wallbash:

Really not fair, as my Wife has had this cold but without making a cacophony of noise, as well.

Really hope I can sleep quietly tonight, as Colette has a 12 hour shift, tomorrow. :oops:

Truly hoping that Ian Currie's March Greenland height rises and subsequent Northerly start being reflected in the Forecast Models soon, things are starting to get a little desperate. :help:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Foggy August equals cold February, AFI anyone

Praps we should keep the Fog Index going all year!

I might make my new forum name Fog Index!! 

I don't remember any Feb being this foggy. 

• Like 3