Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Always seems to of recent years soon as we get into late March...look out for those building blocks (as per last year) for increasing warmth such as firstly high pressure throughout southern Europe and then building north towards Scandinavia followed by the Azores HP ridge extending towards the UK = built in heat from April onwards.

Ooops, sorry, I appear to have stumbled into the MAD thread by accident .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I woke up this morning at 6 am and the sky looked the same at 9 pm where there was variable cloud cover with a beautiful white moon which never looked any bigger than normal even at 6:30 pm.  It was very strange seeing a full moon at 6 am as it is the first time I have seen the full moon that early before daybreak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Is it safe to say that winter is over?

Could well be my friend but as long as we don’t get anymore of that grotesque heat this summer I’ll be happy. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Heat makes me feel alive ! No aches or pains with the heat ! Makes me happy and best of all I get all over tan

Unfortunately SQ I’m a burner I don’t mind the heat just not like it was last year. No fun working outside in it burning down on you all day. No tan lines for you then

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, shotski said:

Unfortunately SQ I’m a burner I don’t mind the heat just not like it was last year. No fun working outside in it burning down on you all day. No tan lines for you then

last summer scorched my melons

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

Funny as it did my cucumber the world of good. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Ooops, sorry, I appear to have stumbled into the MAD thread by accident .

haha!...98% aren't bothered with warm synoptics and I'm not one to chuck the proverbial sindy doll out of the pram.

7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Hope you keep your melons to your own confides and not down the local allotments...otherwise there's going to be some jaws hitting the compost

• Like 3

Posted

Just checked my accuweather app - what exactly is ‘a sprinkle’?! Never seen nor heard it before other than describing snow?!

4B5C2869-3FC5-42F2-8C81-440CAEFD05AE.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Please folks, this thread is meant to be about discussing the weather and its impact here in the SE. A little bit of off-topic is fine, but recent posts are taking things too far. Can we get back on topic please.

Chat about your local weather and it's effect on your daily life here in the regional forums.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
31 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

8c in Wimbledon now. 

It's not as mild as predicted during the day, bbq canceled

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
16 hours ago, Honey said:

Just checked my accuweather app - what exactly is ‘a sprinkle’?! Never seen nor heard it before other than describing snow?!

4B5C2869-3FC5-42F2-8C81-440CAEFD05AE.png

Looks like you could get a localised shower of these

Make-your-own-rainbow-sprinkles-with-coc

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A gorgeous day here. The cloud has melted away, there's the gentlest of breezes and the temp is 13.7C in the sunshine. Looks like most in the Region enjoying similar, although the South Coast disappointingly still plagued by low cloud at 13.30.

47078007_Satellite21Feb.thumb.jpg.1a693d34ab6a6fcb6fa423178393ccfd.jpg

I've just given the back lawn a quick mow (to keep it short for the dogs) and spotted a cabbage white butterfly and a ladybird. So much for the forecasts of a cold February. But short moan aside, I have to say it was very pleasant being out in the warm sunshine earlier, so I'm sort of grateful as at least it's not cloudy, wet and windy.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
16 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A gorgeous day here. The cloud has melted away, there's the gentlest of breezes and the temp is 13.7C in the sunshine. Looks like most in the Region enjoying similar, although the South Coast disappointingly still plagued by low cloud at 13.30.

47078007_Satellite21Feb.thumb.jpg.1a693d34ab6a6fcb6fa423178393ccfd.jpg

I've just given the back lawn a quick mow (to keep it short for the dogs) and spotted a cabbage white butterfly and a ladybird. So much for the forecasts of a cold February. But short moan aside, I have to say it was very pleasant being out in the warm sunshine earlier, so I'm sort of grateful as at least it's not cloudy, wet and windy.

Similar thing here, Malcolm, but 'only' 13.3...Just been out shopping, and am now sweating buckets!:help:

• Like 1