Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Where are they now?

Where are all the coldies, my guess is they are sunbathing? Seen my first bee today, spring has definitely sprung.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

At 8 am there was frost and frog.  It was difficult to see through the fog how much frost there was.  It was lovely to look at and it was quite a surprise.  It has been quite a long time sing the last time when frost and frog appeared at the same time.  The sky is clear and there is a (near) half moon.  I have not been on much as I have not been at all well with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.

Posted

An absolutely stunning day from the moment I got up to the sight of slight fog across the frosty rooftops, and sun and blue skies aloft. Took the dog out and he was panting in the sunshine while we didn't even need a jacket. Even my son, who is a die-hard coldie and snow lover had to admit it was rather nice! Sorry to hear you haven't been well @Katrine Basso, those are tough conditions to live with and getting rest yet trying to keep going simultaneously is so difficult (I am a CFS sufferer myself, and flare-up days really knock me for six). Good luck with your recovery.

I'm doing a three-day stint taking care of my YouTuber son at VidCon at the Exel from Friday to Sunday; I am already pondering clothing choices that match a frosty start and cool evening for the journey there and back yet not too hot if we reach 15 degrees and we're there all day. That's if Southwestern can run a train service over the weekend of course....

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Lovely sunny day and 12c, chilly breeze so coat definitely needed after the fog and frost began clearing about 9am.

Overnight low of -2.3c locally and hopefully more of the same tonight to continue this fine week of frosts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Where are all the coldies, my guess is they are sunbathing? Seen my first bee today, spring has definitely sprung.

I saw my first bumblebee a couple of weeks ago, got gnats flying around too.

Heathrow now 14c, parts of Wales have hit 16c!

Edited by snowray

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

I saw my first bumblebee a couple of weeks ago, got gnats flying around too.

i don't mind bees but wasps should not have been invented

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I hate wasps too, hornets and them horse flies that bite, horrible useless things. :oldgood:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous sunny day after a frosty and misty start. Currently 13C. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I bet there'll be a bumper crop of the buggers, this year? And another of God's creations  (moths) have been nibbling my cotton shirts. Bar stewards!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I bet there'll be a bumper crop of the buggers, this year? And another of God's creations  (moths) have been nibbling my cotton shirts. Bar stewards!

we need a cold snowy smarch

Posted
38 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

we need a cold snowy smarch

In the meantime.....Are you going to get the BBQ out the weekend Lass?

Posted
3 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

B and Q have them on sale already

Really? Right I'm off, see you all later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Weird with some folk recording temps of 15 degrees today, only managed 7 according to my weather station. However it’s been a beaut of a day, blue sky all the way. It’s nice with the evenings becoming lighter, feel like I want to slip into spring summer mode now, although I’d happily adjust back for a blizzard for a couple of days...

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Beat you to it mate, I seen one yesterday in Hammersmith.It was heading in a N direction, may be the same one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Beast from the East part two starts 25th Feb. 

Met Office aren't seeing it.:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Beast from the East part two starts 25th Feb. 

part 2? missed part 1 then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

An almost Spring like day here in the Hastings area with just shy of 8 hours sunshine. Not as warm as some parts of the country, with temperatures locally 11.7c but felt pleasant enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
5 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

An absolutely stunning day from the moment I got up to the sight of slight fog across the frosty rooftops, and sun and blue skies aloft. Took the dog out and he was panting in the sunshine while we didn't even need a jacket. Even my son, who is a die-hard coldie and snow lover had to admit it was rather nice! Sorry to hear you haven't been well @Katrine Basso, those are tough conditions to live with and getting rest yet trying to keep going simultaneously is so difficult (I am a CFS sufferer myself, and flare-up days really knock me for six). Good luck with your recovery.

I'm doing a three-day stint taking care of my YouTuber son at VidCon at the Exel from Friday to Sunday; I am already pondering clothing choices that match a frosty start and cool evening for the journey there and back yet not too hot if we reach 15 degrees and we're there all day. That's if Southwestern can run a train service over the weekend of course....

Thank you Reefseeker for you kind understanding and kind wishes.  Yes it has been a glorious sunny day in South Ockendon and tomorrow looks like it is going to be the same.  I hope that your CFS flare-ups are becoming less frequent. I have never been to VidCon (as I would find the journey going there stressful and I do not like crowds.  I hope that the three-day VidCon event will go well and that the Southwestern train service will be running its regular service without any hiccups. The only time I have been to a convention was a Star Wars one and that was was either in early 2000.  I have also been to Star Trek TNG exhibition in the mid 90's.

• Like 1