Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s another beautiful day here in Rye. The wind is slightly chilly but nothing to bad, be these days make me feel so much better then th days we get rain and wind. I do like the cold but I have a feeling we might not see to much of that now, it’s not perfect and obviously not set in stone but if it stays like this I will be happy with that too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

I'd be genuinely interested to know here who is ready for winter to be over and who isn't.

Raise your hand for winter to be over, thumbs down for winter to stay.

Ooh, tough one. I would enjoy a few cold and snowy days to finish the season with but I’m starting to crave warmth and sun and my joints have had enough of winter. Always happens in February. It’s still winter proper for another fortnight, however and March can be cold, as we saw last year. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
44 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I'd be genuinely interested to know here who is ready for winter to be over and who isn't.

Winter never really started here in Ely, East Anglia, but after all the hype and false outcome predictions I'm more than ready for spring I'd say!!

And I also hope I never hear the words 'SSW' or 'Downwelling' for a long, long time!! :wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
56 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Well once that icing level shifts further upwards, I can sit in the bad weather for flying.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I don't mind what it does, however if it does decide to snow, next week (doubtful), next month, April or may, I will enjoy watching it fall.

• Like 2

Posted

Well it's hard to say goodbye to something that never actually arrived. But whatever we call the last 3 months, they won't be missed. 

Whatever else we have learned this season, weather forecasting accuracy has not improved one bit in the last 10 years! In fact there seems to be more acronyms etc being used. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A lovely, sunny 9.5C here just  now - so nowhere near the balmy 13C that Dalcross Airport (Inverness) is currently enjoying. 

So I, myself, I am getting into Spring mode; I even bought some new guitar strings yesterday, so that I can murder Bad Moon Rising once again!:hi:

But Spring wouldn't be the same were English clubs not struggling in Europe...and, for that, vodka is required!:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
34 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Sorry Lauren. my calendar tells me it's Feb.13th and I'm certainly not ready for Winter to be over yet.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, as Alexis suggested in her post earlier on the Model thread, to see the Models flip to a cold outlook. The weather can be very fickle, as we approach Spring. On many occasions, during my lifetime, I've seen  a very quick turnaround from a Southerly flow, to an Arctic Northerly. I'm hoping that Ian Currie has called the next few weeks correctly and we see some height rises towards Greenland with a resultant Arctic blast!! March 1970, would be nice:

image.thumb.png.2b4e5abcbd8f599e2722b632b9206fab.png

image.thumb.png.7b29fbf44ea807b29400d9ece0429f34.png

Below, is a link to a thread started by TIMMYTOUR, regarding March 1970. I'm sure the Snow Lovers around the Region, wouldn't turn their nose up, at a similar event! Then you lovers of Spring warmth, can have your turn!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Raising my hand! I love Wintry weather from November through to February but with the high pressure bringing us milder weather and some glorious sunshine this week, I'm ready for Spring. I'd be a bit gutted now if the weather was to turn colder again now - last Winter was so long, and took us well into April and although I enjoyed the BFTE 2018, I'm ready for the longer evenings and milder days now. 10c and sunny here this afternoon.

Edited by EWS

Posted

I love snow and we've been lucky enough to have two snow days this winter. But the seemingly endless dark grey afternoons that we had in December and January have left me craving sunshine now. I might be feeling differently if we hadn't had any meaningful snow, though. I might still be longing for it! Have booked Friday off so i can enjoy the sun/get some allotment work done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, EWS said:

Raising my hand! I love Wintry weather from November through to February but with the high pressure bringing us milder weather and some glorious sunshine this week, I'm ready for Spring. I'd be a bit gutted now if the weather was to turn colder again now - last Winter was so long, and took us well into April and although I enjoyed the BFTE 2018, I'm ready for the longer evenings and milder days now. 10c and sunny here this afternoon.

This is exactly how I feel too.

• Like 1

Posted

Milder temps of roughly 14C during the next few days and then slightly cooler from Sunday pm into Monday.

There is a possibility of even warmer temps from the 21st/23rd Feb lasting a week

It will be sods law we get very cold periods during March.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

2 weeks of winter left - would love a final fling of seasonal frost and snow but can’t see anything in the models to snap us into winter. This time last year the SSW had happened and we could count down to the BFTE relatively drama free. Anyone expecting a re run is I think going to be dissapointed !  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, yamkin said:

Milder temps of roughly 14C during the next few days and then slightly cooler from Sunday pm into Monday.

There is a possibility of even warmer temps from the 21st/23rd Feb lasting a week

It will be sods law we get very cold periods during March.

better get the BBQ out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

2 weeks of winter left - would love a final fling of seasonal frost and snow but can’t see anything in the models to snap us into winter. This time last year the SSW had happened and we could count down to the BFTE relatively drama free. Anyone expecting a re run is I think going to be dissapointed !  

Doesn't astronomical winter end on or about the 21st march? Five weeks left then....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
1 minute ago, John Stevens said:

Doesn't astronomical winter end on or about the 21st march? Five weeks left then....

This is an old chestnut and people take their own slant but in meteorology winter ends when February does.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Other signals were looking good, I think this time the SSW cancelled our winter, I guess we will see soon, I still think the pattern we have right now can move north at short notice, and I don't believe it has any think to do with the SSW, which has now been and gone.

• Like 1