Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
2 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Yes there was plenty although I was away yesterday got sent some photos - this was my road yesterday eve 

6C212610-419F-4EAC-B753-2A3A43CC1C42.jpeg

Thanks for that. Looks like a decent amount.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Anything settling from that Norfolk dangler? Come on you Yellows for later! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Really enjoyed the rollercoaster of the last couple of evenings. Struck lucky with 5cms  in Hailsham on Thursday then nothing last night but very pleased with that overall.

Looks like a break of at least a week,maybe two but that still only takes us to mid Feb so time yet for a last hurrah. A blast from the NE would be a nice way to finish winter

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well alot has melted this morning, owing to the sun, and thats 3 times this week I have seen snow, and laying snow, last night was the heaviest since 2010, massive flakes, epic, and what a difference elevation makes, dropped my brother off in Rye, 2 miles from the coast, 2.5c and raining hard, got to my flat, around 10 miles inland, and 70m asl, and it was like driving in the millennium falcon at light speed, roads, verges, all covered, at least 1 good thing came out of my divorce

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Super rapid thawing going on now the sun is out. Good for stopping too much ice formation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Anybody able to tell me what the snow is like in the Bexley/Sidcup area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

snow at white hart lane outside there new stadium 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

This winter tells me I need to move to Bluebell Hill or just anywhere with even slightly more elevation than where I live now! Snow thawing fairly quickly this morning though a drive just 200 feet up the hill has little to no thawing, a huge difference!

Driving down the A2 during the heaviest snow with only 2 viable lanes was quite an experience, the 30mph everyone was doing was nice too, lots of people driving responsibly for a change! 

• Like 1

Posted

Well. I WOULD post photos, but I fear I will embarrass you all with the amount we got here!!! Truly amazing (!)

You guys. Your photos are beautiful. I love a Winter Wonderland. Let's hope we get another shot at this before Spring is upon us. As much as I love Spring, I don't feel quite ready for it ..yet..

Edited by Daenerys
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Went this morning to find some deeper snow with son in tow up on Caterham -on-the-hill on the outer boundaries of south London, gutted we didn’t have time to find the sledge, a good 4cm up here

235797B3-EF6E-45EB-911B-F350D2B9EC02.thumb.jpeg.5f94d21e7cdfb16766917cefdf91d98c.jpeg

80659435-C1A4-473C-A7BA-B2CE1F46537F.thumb.jpeg.1e28713e6c399f7b84d4ee02b732457c.jpeg4626973C-3AAA-4B30-8991-0E3F4E2C15C7.thumb.jpeg.312d8421ac275b0623875c07c942838b.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thank you. I'm not sure how much in the end, I stopped measuring when it got to 28cm as although still snowing heavily, the weight was compacting the snow and it stopped getting any deeper on the table. There was a bit of a thaw late afternoon but followed by a harsh overnight frost means we've still got deep cover here. Just been out in the garden to play with the dogs/take a few pics, table still has 22cm of cover. Looks beautiful with the sun and clear blue sky, dripping lots in the sunshine though.

DSC02906.JPG

DSC02909.JPG

DSC02910.JPG

DSC02926.JPG

DSC02932.JPG

Your doggy beautiful photos.

Edited by Daenerys
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

A friend just sent me this pic of Walderslade Woods road. The roads shut and a massive clear up under way. No wonder it was chaos round here last night! 

6AC4AB39-DC95-418F-B4CC-226C80C14F40.png

Edited by CanadianCoops
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Your doggy beautiful photos.

Thanks. We've been playing hunt the snowball, silly spaniels are utterly convinced they can find it then turn to me with a 'where'd it go' look. Works every time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
19 minutes ago, MONKEYJAM said:

snow at white hart lane outside there new stadium 

Thanks for that, MJ...Stadium looks like an alien mothership...COYS!:yahoo:

Posted

finally caught our first all snow shower after on and off sleety messy showers since last night, bit wet so unfortunately not settling well but lovely to watch come down! huge flakes mixed in, hopefully keeps going.. give it ten more minutes of snow and i'd say we may get a full covering but it seems like it won't last that long as it has gotten slower 

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thank you. I'm not sure how much in the end, I stopped measuring when it got to 28cm as although still snowing heavily, the weight was compacting the snow and it stopped getting any deeper on the table. There was a bit of a thaw late afternoon but followed by a harsh overnight frost means we've still got deep cover here. Just been out in the garden to play with the dogs/take a few pics, table still has 22cm of cover. Looks beautiful with the sun and clear blue sky, dripping lots in the sunshine though.

DSC02906.JPG

DSC02909.JPG

DSC02910.JPG

DSC02926.JPG

DSC02932.JPG

Lovely pics! You really were at the sweet spot. And what a cutie 

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thanks. We've been playing hunt the snowball, silly spaniels are utterly convinced they can find it then turn to me with a 'where'd it go' look. Works every time

Brilliant! I can only imagine

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Like a Alpine ski resort little melt 15491086597148914685673496602474.thumb.jpg.8dfd48197d17317e212436c089e81a4c.jpg

15491086597148914685673496602474.jpg

IMG-20190201-WA0048.jpeg

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 4

Posted

Love how quiet it's gotten since the snowfall last night, shows how many must be out making the most of it right now  

Our slushy covering from the last shower has all melted and the sun is out again. looks lovely out there although i know it's very cold and extremely bitter in the wind from a quick walk earlier. 

I can't help but think going back to the regular 8-11c maximum days are going to feel almost tropical now though, as this cold spell has been longer and more potent then i expected..