Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

20mins up the A24 here in Ashtead and barely a dusting!!! Going to attempt getting up Boxhill this morning to see if there's more!!xx

Yeah it never got particularly heavy for us. Nothing of any note - just a basic dusting really.

Couldnt seem to get far enough away from the dry, clear slot. Imagine if that meso low was just 15 miles further east... we’d have been pummelled!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I imagine the view from newlands would be pretty amazing this morning, though getting there would be fun on icy roads!

Reckon you're right there KW, it'll look awesome... You'll be able to clearly see the snow line as well....Not sure what the a25 will be like.... But the lane outside our house is clear and doesn't get much use early on a Saturday morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Yeah it never got particularly heavy for us. Nothing of any note - just a basic dusting really.

Couldnt seem to get far enough away from the dry, clear slot. Imagine if that meso low was just 15 miles further east... we’d have been pummelled!

I know! We were literally just a smidge too far East! Polesden Lacey is closed today due to heavy snow and ice!! 20min drive west of here!x

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

That is really impressive, might come up tomorrow with the other half, any good pubs around there for Sunday Lunch ? 

We usually go to the black horse at thurnham for good roast(on way down to Maidstone) but it’s a few miles away if you don’t mind the extra travel. 

The is the Robin Hood pub right there which is cosy but I’ve not had Sunday dinner there 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Mini blizzard! ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Reckon you're right there KW, it'll look awesome... You'll be able to clearly see the snow line as well....Not sure what the a25 will be like.... But the lane outside our house is clear and doesn't get much use early on a Saturday morning. 

That's my worry, getting there ok.... it's a half hour drive from here so not sure! We had heavy sleet all evening so I'm hoping that fell as snow up Box Hill!!xx

Posted

got about an inch in bexleyheath... which is pretty good  going as it took ages to soak op the moisture on the ground ..never dropped below 0.1 so constantly dripping while it was settling...nearly gone now though

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

There is snow on Box Hill - not sure if there’s as much as Newlands Corner though. 

4D098D82-9DCF-4B8F-A052-05D107459CEE.jpeg

Thank you my friendly Spy!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
7 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

That's my worry, getting there ok.... it's a half hour drive from here so not sure! We had heavy sleet all evening so I'm hoping that fell as snow up Box Hill!!xx

Just had a message from a friend, she said the a25 was clear to Dorking, so guessing it's clear the other way as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good morning, peeps...After an entire night of News dedicated to Brexit and Basingstoke, let's hope for some BOOM today...

Sod all but sleet up here, BTW...

• Like 1

Posted

A slight dusting In West Ipswich from a couple of early morning showers. Some absolutely stunning photos and reports from the South of the region. 

What an amazing 24 hours of weather, that's what the model watching is all about, getting something to the top of the ladder and then getting to see it unfold in real time, and yes I say that with just a mere dusting.

Morning peeps

Just had about 15 min of light snow flurries here in Walthamstow was lovely to see again. I have not got my hopes up for the rest of today, I think any showers will be probably further east and also likely to turn more sleety as the temperature rises.

As for next week we are back in our typical southwesterly pattern. How long that lasts is not clear but I will always hope that after today we do get another decent snow cover before we say bye to winter.

Hope you all have a great Saturday. Take care

regards

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

My sister in law lives in Walderslade and is moaning because she hates snow but she did tell me a Mum and baby have been killed in their car due to a fallen tree?! Assume heavy weight of snow?

The walderslade woods road has been close due to falling trees. Didn’t realise that though. Very sad 

Posted
3 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

The walderslade woods road has been close due to falling trees. Didn’t realise that though. Very sad 

Sounds like it was a rumour and all got out ok.

Looking at posts after.

Edited by Chris101
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

As expected, the brief and thin covering of last night’s snow was completely gone upon waking up this morning. Still nice to see it falling for the third time in the space of a week!  

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Thank you my friendly Spy!!!

I wasn’t even supposed to be in Dorking today - I had to buy some new ski gloves as my mine have disappeared since my last trip to snowy North America last year!  

Posted

Well, that looks like it in terms of cold once tomorrow is over (for the foreseeable anyway). I love snow but for the sake of my heating bill, house hunting and allotment, I could do with a few 10.c days.

But what a great few days of weather, forum and radar watching - I've been glued! Thanks to everyone for your updates. I live in Bucks but I'm from Surrey and it's nice to know what's happening in Addlestone as well as my fave places like Newlands corner, Box Hill etc

And for all the travel worry and a lightly twisted ankle, watching my partner fall off his sledge and somehow end up the right way up by the time he got to the bottom  of the hillto roars of laughter from complete strangers...well those are memories you just couldn't buy.

See you soon.

DSC01348.JPG

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 5

Posted

Hi guys, anyone on from Farnham/Ash way in Surrey? Just wondering if there was much in the way of snow? I would normally get reports and photos from my in-laws but they are away at the moment so if anyone else could oblige I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Morning, just popping in to say glad some of you got some snow in the end. Enjoy!

And thanks for sharing your pics. Amazing totals. How much did you end up with ? 

Posted
10 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Hi guys, anyone on from Farnham/Ash way in Surrey? Just wondering if there was much in the way of snow? I would normally get reports and photos from my in-laws but they are away at the moment so if anyone else could oblige I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Yes there was plenty although I was away yesterday got sent some photos - this was my road yesterday eve 

6C212610-419F-4EAC-B753-2A3A43CC1C42.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

@white fox - how much did you end up with? i left wokingham at 4, just as things were kicking off again, to come back to surbiton. nothing back here - snow turned to rain between bagshot and the m25. at least i got to enjoy thu night / fri morning but looks like last night was more fun?