Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
1 minute ago, Dj fart said:

I've never known a winter like this where a series of snow events all over the South East can just completely miss me here in North Essex. Some sort of sick joke! I was pleased for everyone who got loads last night but it's just peeing me off now to hear of MORE coming down everywhere in the South East except here!

This winter can do one.

You're not alone. East kent is wet too

Posted

I've never known a winter like this where a series of snow events all over the South East can just completely miss me here in North Essex. Some sort of sick joke! I was pleased for everyone who got loads last night but it's just peeing me off now to hear of MORE coming down everywhere in the South East except here!

This winter can do one.

I know the feeling, when the Isle of Wight gets more snow than Ipswich it's time to feel aggrieved. Fair play though to those that got some, lets hope the snow gods balance it out next time. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, tight isobar said:

Jaffa cacked

..the mods were on ya pal

And I thought I did a pretty good job in disguising that word too.:oldlaugh:

Had about an hour of heavy snow here, it's actually trying to settle but way too wet. Even trying to settle on my lake in front of the house and there's a little slush now floating on top.:oldsmile:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Damn you radar with your pink lies. If it actually were snow, I'd have quite a covering by now. 
But it's not, it's that new fangled wet snow that's also known as rain. I'm just having to make do with Winterwatch. 

• Like 2

Posted

Despite the radar saying rain it has been heavy snow here since 6pm and everything is white albeit a slushy covering where it has been wet, We have some elevation at around 105m at silver hill near Salehurst. Unexpected bonus.

• Like 1

Posted

convective band has gotten stronger than I expected over Godalming area, looks like a moderate fall there, should hold for the next 30 minutes there.

HIRLAM absolutely nailed this one in terms of persistence of the band, well done to it! I think I'm just about done here, still some light snow to come for the next hour or two, but that's fine by me, I've done well enough out of this for sure!

Basingstoke STILL in that bad, definitely the jackpot zone for this system for sure! Glad I called that one!

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Steady snow falling now in South Ockendon and beginning to settle on some of the cars! Frustrating day today! I woke up to heavy snow settling in the early hours only to find it all gone by this morning and then rain all day! Let’s see what round two will bring then! 

• Like 2

Posted

Drove from Halstead to Knockholt to Westerham Hill and now down to Sevenoaks. Altitude is key. It’s snowing heavily in Sevenoaks but not settling well yet, halfway up Polhill it turns very white and it’s icy slush in the road. Currently 0.0c at Halstead 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

convective band has gotten stronger than I expected over Godalming area, looks like a moderate fall there, should hold for the next 30 minutes there.

HIRLSAM absolutely nailed this one in terms of persistence of the band, well done to it! I think I'm just about done here, still some light snow to come for the next hour or two, but that's fine by me, I've done well enough out of this for sure!

Its quite light snow, but ground is wet so no settling going on. Albeit quite a covering of slush puppy (graupel)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Take your glasses off when taking a photo on your phone  ;)

That's Michael Jackson's ghost! Anyway, my roof's about to collapse, under the weight of potential...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
10 minutes ago, timboy666 said:

I work in Dorking and it been raining most the day you best go to devils punch bowl lots of snow up there

and its snowing it Godalming  

I live in Holmbury St Mary just off leith hill and it's been tanking with snow since 3pm this afternoon. The A25 is awful now.... Very hopeful for the rest of the night

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

It's where you chuck your unwanted greyhounds. 

I've just googled it..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Right on the bottom edge of the London blob, but it's only ever going to go south. Just how long is anyones guess. 

Still a mix of fat flakes and grauple, but this has potential written all over it!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, John Stevens said:

I live in Holmbury St Mary just off leith hill and it's been tanking with snow since 3pm this afternoon. The A25 is awful now.... Very hopeful for the rest of the night

Gotta photo, John ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Still snowing. Nice covering on everything but can't see it sticking around once daylight hits.

If anything, the last few days should reiterate to people that weather is still somewhat of an unpredictable beast and to not put all your hopes in one basket, so to speak.

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Proper snow, huge flakes, at last

Hi Mark,

You prompted another trip to the front door and there is some light snow falling. We even have a thin, slushy deposit.

We're just off Burnt Ash Hill. Myself and the Wife, went down to Sainsbury's at Lee Green, late morning and it turned very wet. By the time we got home, our overnight partial covering had all but vanished. I think this current band of snow would have to get pretty heavy, to have any chance of settling. It's very wet out there!! :oldangry:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Posted
8 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

This winter can do one.

Not here either in Redhill, dude. More white fluff out of a sheep’s bowel movement. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

lol back in the dry slot

Where are you, I'm guessing kind of Cranleigh ish direction (Billingshurst is kind that way as well isn't it?)

The energy should continue to pulse SE, reducing each time. You can see the last pulse that has gone up in the Godalming region down to Havant. eventually the next one will go up SE of that one and hopefully give you a little more. It won't be a huge amount, but better than nothing?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
10 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Stop being negative.. 

Have a word, I'm not being negative at all, just stating the bleedin obvious. Snow falling on soaking wet surfaces and freezing overnight

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Where are you, I'm guessing kind of Cranleigh ish direction (Billingshurst is kind that way as well isn't it?)

The energy should continue to pulse SE, reducing each time. You can see the last pulse that has gone up in the Godalming region down to Havant. eventually the next one will go up SE of that one and hopefully give you a little more. It won't be a huge amount, but better than nothing?

Dew point is still 34F here in Godalming, Kold and the slush is stopping anything settling   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
3 minutes ago, TheGate said:

Drove from Halstead to Knockholt to Westerham Hill and now down to Sevenoaks. Altitude is key. It’s snowing heavily in Sevenoaks but not settling well yet, halfway up Polhill it turns very white and it’s icy slush in the road. Currently 0.0c at Halstead 

Was up at Halsted at 2pm and you had a reasonable covering left from Tuesday night/last nights fall so i would imagine Halsted/Knockholt will have a nice covering by morning.Good luck for rest of the night.As you say elevation is King!!

• Like 1