Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

I made a post the other day (can't remember which), that we could be looking at a snow>rain>snow, event.

Well in actual fact , here in Lee, we've seen a rain>snow>rain>snow, event. I'm 63 now and started paying an interest in local weather, when I was 10. I don't ever remember seeing, this type of evolution. Fascinating. As James, from Bromley said, had this all been snow in N.W.Kent/S.E.London, we would have seen a very decent snowfall!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Any wriggle room for a Rain- Rain - Rain event 

Cant wait to see how much precip we have had here because it has been heavy rain for 21 hours now, Just Imagine if that as snow - My God!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Chelle goes into work Monday- everyone it's gonna snow Tuesday not much but loads on Thursday boss even allows us to leave early last night in preparation - no snow. Tonight chelle goes into work no snow now gonna warm up bit next week - boss says no it's def gonna snow tonight I say no no no- just looked out office window.............. ❄❄❄☃️☃️☃️❄❄❄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
10 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

No, the colour is the average speed. Green means flowing normally, yellow slower than average, red very slow and dark red is stationary. 

It will show as yellow where there are roadworks, such as the M4 between Reading and Maidenhead, but other than that it's a pretty good guide 

Doesnt mean its snowing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Just the wrong side of marginal in Hailsham. Sleeting here and snowing moderately 5 miles up the road in Horam.

Got lucky last night so no complaints.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Snowing heavily in brentwood and sticking....

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Doesnt mean its snowing

It generally does if a whole area is showing red or yellow like in Basingstoke earlier. It's a method I've used for years and it usually verifies. I'm not asking you to believe me! Just something I do.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Chelle goes into work Monday- everyone it's gonna snow Tuesday not much but loads on Thursday boss even allows us to leave early last night in preparation - no snow. Tonight chelle goes into work no snow now gonna warm up bit next week - boss says no it's def gonna snow tonight I say no no no- just looked out office window.............. ❄❄❄☃️☃️☃️❄❄❄

No.No.No

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Paul,

Yes, you Eastern dwellers have been very unlucky this time around.

I stated earlier today that, I'm not a fan of frontal snow in my location. Often too far south and we often fall foul of the, south of the M4 corridor, syndrome!!

Here's hoping for a full blooded "Thames Streamer" before the end of Winter, with no complications!! :oldwink:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

Snowing heavily in brentwood and sticking....

Is that heading my way jo?

Posted

Western front is decating quite a lot now, looks like the energy is going up on the eastern area of precipitation. Good luck guys over there, not going to be going too quickly so if you do have snow (probably at height) then you should do well with those returns.

Probably just enough light snow left to push the totals to 2 inches. Very decent return after last night. Now to start to watch to see if the thermometer drops through 0c. To be fair, its already at 0.3c so won't take much of a clearance tomorrow morning to get there.

ps, western band is still pulsing SE, but each pulse is getting less impressive. Next one going up near Cranleigh area, but probably only light- low end moderate snow from it.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
1 minute ago, john mac said:

Is that heading my way jo?

I’ve not actually checked the radar! Where are you?

Posted
14 minutes ago, snowbob said:

How long is this expected to last mate

or is it just a small band

The ppn is pivoting with a lot of energy. DP is 0C and temp is now 1.4C...........We could be looking at a few hours as it stands ❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
2 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

What's it like in Brighton folks? Down that way tomorrow for the football! 

Wet just raining , temp is 2.1 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
8 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

1 inch now ~3cm

Front Stationary

851C8788-BA67-4A93-B79E-3F9266E6BCAA.thumb.jpeg.2a8d85d70b35765fbd0989134118048a.jpeg

Steve-You are about 6/7 miles due East of me and difference is amazing.Granted you have about 50m more elevation than me but difference is amazing.We have no snow lying although it is trying.Looking at Radar band of precipitation is moving so slowly but seems to be building from the South and heading NNW so i think you will be in a good position for another 1-2 hours.I need a more NW movement from the South but that currently doesnt look like happening.Such Fine margains...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
5 minutes ago, yamkin said:

The ppn is pivoting with a lot of energy. DP is 0C and temp is now 1.4C...........We could be looking at a few hours as it stands ❄️❄️

Cheers mate @yamkin

cant access radar at the moment not at home

phone is useless

the snow is very light right now though

is it due to get heavier

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

@Mark wheelerIn answer to your question, heavy sleety rainy stuff here at the moment, not pleasant!

Perfect example! Radar shows pink over your area, yet Google maps shows no delays. Therefore no snow (or at least not settling)!

Same in Reading again too as it happens. Should be hammering down here according to radar, but it most definitely is not. Perhaps that bit over Bracknell will deliver?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Team Jo said:

I’ve not actually checked the radar! Where are you?

West of you in Waltham abbey

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Western front is decating quite a lot now, looks like the energy is going up on the eastern area of precipitation. Good luck guys over there, not going to be going too quickly so if you do have snow (probably at height) then you should do well with those returns.

lol jumped straight over here

Posted
Just now, john mac said:

West of you in Waltham abbey

Not sure - looks like the front has stalled like Steve said, we just dropped low enough temps for the drizzle to turn into snow, but I also am up a hill too which helps matters.

fingers crossed for you!