Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
5 minutes ago, Johnp said:

Are you sure - it looks more WSW to me (and you did mix your directions up earlier so thought I'd check )

Ha, no I meant ESE this time, its moving towards France eventually. What you are seeing is the front rotating in and moving WSW around the left flank of the low, the whole lot should come SE soon, though weakening all the time from now. As it does more places should see sleet turn to snow, though hard to say to what extent that will be, depends on the exact track of the LP and intensity/height.

Edit- also watch the backedge of the front, that should show you the direction of travel as well quite well.

Oh light flicker just now!

Edited by kold weather
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
14 minutes ago, Southender said:

Someone please put a bullet in this god awful winter (for SE Essex anyway) not a single dusting and we are now into Feb. Total trash. Great to see a few lucky ones have some snow cover though around the region. Can I borrow some?....happy to pay for a refrigerated truck to collect ??

It's only Feb 1st. Plenty winter to go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, lewis028 said:

We have just got to Basingstoke station and trees have now falling down on the line, it’s chaos out there

Is it windy there, or was it snow weight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Blizzard conditions Wrotham to Meopham, Kent settling galore! I bet there's none when I get 5miles north home!

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Thunderstorms, Wind

Heavy sleet,snow in bromley south east london. Radar looks great though going to struggle to settle given the rain and its very marginal. fingers crossed though

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Temperature solid at 0.3c, dew point bang on 0.0. Slight decrease in humidty as I'm just outside a band over Alton (which must be getting a lot of snow this hour!). just light and pleasant snow here right now, should see some slightly heavier stuff come down in the next hour, though probably nothing like earlier on when this popped.

Gotta say tomorrow morning the roads are going to be terrible once this all freezes up, especially in the west of the region which is in the colder air already.

How much longer do you expect the East Sussex streamer will feed into the hampshire Low ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Norwich temp has risen, from 3.6 to 3.8C, in the past hour...My internal, eternal optimist tells me we I am about to witness sleety rain turn to loads and loads and loads of the white stuff. My 'pickled' realist says, 'yeah, right'... 

Eeny, meeny, mynee, mo - someone says it's going to snow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Wow!.. It's really coming down now and starting to settle.... I'm very happy cos I've no work tomorrow ????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
4 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

radar exploded over towards essex

sure has, and heading for NE London ?

Edited by fluid dynamic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Locksbottom 3.5 degrees and Moderate sleet.Again elevation is key here.Took a drive to Knockholt about 2pm today and whilst the 3mm of snow had long vanished from my garden at Locksbottom up at Knockholt there was still probably 2cms left and would guess they along with Halsted / Biggin Hill are turning white again!!.Got to be realistic and hope maybe after next 7-10 days that look milder than what we currently have that the BFTE 2019 will appear after mid Feb.Fingers crossed.

Good luck for those that get snow/currently getting snow tonight.Should be bright and cold tomorrow for everyone to enjoy it.Stay safe on the roads though guys and girls as ice will be A PROBLEM TOMMOROW MORNING!!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Short 30 second burst of snow on the back end of a sleet shower, instant dusting on all surfaces oddly enough including the roads too. won't last long with temps still above freezing but hopefully that means any showers we catch for the rest of the evening will be snow only..

Posted
7 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

was a dodgy frame steve - precip shot 10/15 miles ne and then back again five mins later

Edited by bluearmy

Posted
7 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Yep right over my house. Chucking it down now. Great to see. It was light for last 20 mins. Was worrying for a minute. Guess what though it’s Rain. Shock I know

Edited by Southender

Posted
3 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

How much longer do you expect the East Sussex streamer will feed into the hampshire Low ?

Can't imagine much more, the ridge should start to force that low SE and that front is going to have to follow suit at some point. The big uncertainty is of course how much is left!

Hotspur, yeah ice is going to be a real problem, with the snow as well, your going to get some dangerous driving conditions, indeed quite a few places clearly already have got dangerous conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
2 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Locksbottom 3.5 degrees and Moderate sleet.Again elevation is key here.Took a drive to Knockholt about 2pm today and whilst the 3mm of snow had long vanished from my garden at Locksbottom up at Knockholt there was still probably 2cms left and would guess they along with Halsted / Biggin Hill are turning white again!!.Got to be realistic and hope maybe after next 7-10 days that look milder than what we currently have that the BFTE 2019 will appear after mid Feb.Fingers crossed.

Good luck for those that get snow/currently getting snow tonight.Should be bright and cold tomorrow for everyone to enjoy it.Stay safe on the roads though guys and girls as ice will be A PROBLEM TOMMOROW MORNING!!

Generalisation. Incorrect. No ice here no snow on East Kent coast. So NO 

Posted
10 minutes ago, surrey snowboy said:

Joined the party again, thank goodness. Snow pepping up now in Dorking and settling. Temp falling steadily (0.6c/ DP 0.3c). 

At least it’s getting closer to Reigate!

Posted
30 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

wonder how far north the precip on the east side of london will get before it pulls west

It's getting close to me in North Essex, but with a temp of 1.6 and dew point if 1 I reckon it will be rain if it does make it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Heavy snow now in N London. 

Posted

I do wonder if the rainfall radar issues are affecting forecasts. The forecast has been completely wrong here in Portsmouth at T0 on all models and met office forecasts, continues to be wrong and was wrong last night quite often too. The radar keeps showing precipitation, then taking it away, then giving it back. Which one is right? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
2 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Generalisation. Incorrect. No ice here no snow on East Kent coast. So NO 

But once this system clears whether you have had rain/sleet(as i have) or snow as some have now it will freeze over so surely ice WILL be a problem no?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Sleet/snow mix. Need some intensity!