Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
2 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

the snow is due to slide away SSW not SSE

Steve the system is moving SE whilst it appears that the trailing end is moving SSW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Whilst there is meant to be heavy precipitation over Reading, barely a flake falling from the sky atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 minute ago, chionomaniac said:

Steve the system is moving SE whilst it appears that the trailing end is moving SSW

Radar defo showing an easterly movement  albeit slow. Seems to be building into a quite intense mass of something

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
4 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

the snow is due to slide away SSW not SSE

Yes looking at the radar it looks to be heading SSW so if that’s the case London and Kent are out the game.Oh well that’s me out the game.Good luck to those that get thesnowthisevening and keep sending the pics in.if I can’t get snow here I love looking at those who do

Posted
1 minute ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Whilst there is meant to be heavy precipitation over Reading, barely a flake falling from the sky atm.

Something strange going on. Definitely snowing around Basingstoke, but although radar shows heavy PPN in vicinity of here we are back to moderate graupel. Must be something screwing with the radar further north? Unless winds are psuhing the PPN further south and West before it reaches the ground.... I don't know!

Posted
7 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Whole area around Basingstoke looks to have been smashed:

Bstoke01022019.thumb.png.d292b2b4175ef825a21318d8eabf63b9.png

Same here,  genuinely think we may need an amber due to the impact during rush hour on major roads such as M3/A3,/M4, maybe M25, etc.

Already got as much as last night in about the space of 45 minutes!

• Like 2

Posted

NEW MET OFFICE Issued 16.00 Snow Warning for West Surrey and Hampshire, Looks like a good fall of snow for these areas. Extending up to around Staines / Heathrow at the eastern limit. Snow drifting its way away south into the channel later this evening..

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.005ea2d9fb45dba2b1bc4d5d32568157.jpeg

Edited by DAVE_ALLEN

Posted

Under light greens in Surbiton according to the radar. I can confirm it is raining outside.

Here is a pic of the dog in the snowiest patch I could find at Nonsuch Park this morning before it all washed away.

Frankie in the snow.jpg

Posted
4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Erm. Will we get the snow in Surrey? It's meant to be over us but nothing! Does anyone have a clue what's going on anymore? I don't!

its just to your west at present its snowing like mad between Woking and Basingstoke. The roads are a real mess

• Thanks 1

Posted

Heavy snow now. Big flakes. I was joking earlier when I said that people will get stuck on the roads around here but it's not a joke now. If this keeps going then there will be plenty of roads closed. 

• Like 1

Posted

From the met office - the front will move southeast during the rest of the afternoon and early evening giving further accumulations of snow in places especially across central and southern parts of Thames valley, Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex. We could see further accumulations if 2-3cm with a few places on high ground seeing as much as 3-7cm.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Same here,  genuinely think we may need an amber due to the impact during rush hour on major roads such as M3/A3,/M4, maybe M25, etc.

Already got as much as last night in about the space of 45 minutes!

See the best things come to those who wait. I had 1cm last night and rain today!

Posted
2 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Something strange going on. Definitely snowing around Basingstoke, but although radar shows heavy PPN in vicinity of here we are back to moderate graupel. Must be something screwing with the radar further north? Unless winds are psuhing the PPN further south and West before it reaches the ground.... I don't know!

Your not suffering from funny business like I did last night are you?

Nick, yep HIRLAM has been awesome in all fairness, just like last year. Euro4 to be fair was good this morning as well...but HIRLAM by far the best.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
Just now, nick sussex said:

Hats off to the Hirlam . The earlier ICON an epic fail.

Yes and No really Nick.Last year I thought HIRLAM was the best model for the snow we had but tbh it seemed to be half right and half wrong depending in what part of the SE you lived in.I was forecast to get 7-8cms last night when in reality I got about 3mms lol.Just shows how had it can be to forecast snow in this wonderful island of ours!,

Posted

The colder 850s will move slowly se during the evening and overnight.

The precip is very slow moving so if it stays as snow there could be some good totals .

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Great Plum said:

From the met office - the front will move southeast during the rest of the afternoon and early evening giving further accumulations of snow in places especially across central and southern parts of Thames valley, Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex. We could see further accumulations if 2-3cm with a few places on high ground seeing as much as 3-7cm.

It says southwards on  16.00 warning ?

Posted

Your lucky John we had wet sleet and then driving rain ☔Some of the puddles in Essex have been impressive today