Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
Just now, lawrenk said:

Really happy to see it’s going better for you today. You deserve it.

Maybe we can scrape a decent snow spell out of this afternoon. Shame the ground was so wet to start with, but it is being steadily overcome. Could do with another slight temperature drop in case intensity eases off, but no complaints about this.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, coram said:

BBC somewhat underplaying this event in north Hampshire. Cars getting stuck on the Odiham to Alton road, my wife being one of them. She's only a couple of miles from home but she might have to spend the night in the car. However, it's not all bad news. My local is literally only 100 yards away so if she is stuck I can get my supper there. 

PPN has literally exploded between Basingstoke and Reading in last half hour. Must be some sort of developing feature.

Posted
2 minutes ago, coram said:

BBC somewhat underplaying this event in north Hampshire. Cars getting stuck on the Odiham to Alton road, my wife being one of them. She's only a couple of miles from home but she might have to spend the night in the car. However, it's not all bad news. My local is literally only 100 yards away so if she is stuck I can get my supper there. 

Not surprised, I'm downstream from this and even here it's starting to cause a few issues.

Posted
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Not surprised, I'm downstream from this and even here it's starting to cause a few issues.

Yellow echoes are edging closer to me, but currently we've just switched to heavier groupel! Temperature back up to 1.0

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

I find it very annoying that Basingstoke less than 50 miles away gets pounded by snow and here in Reigate sod all .

I know that feeling, nothing much here at all!

Posted
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

What do you reckon to Farnborough's chances of holding on to the heavy stuff?

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

could there be some surprises tonight- havent looked at 1 model today!

Lots of surprises going on close to us! Just look at that radar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
14 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Basingstoke is right under the cosh at the moment judging by the traffic on Google maps.

We're not too far from Basingstoke and we have cotton wool balls of snow ...it's lovely

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Maybe we can scrape a decent snow spell out of this afternoon. Shame the ground was so wet to start with, but it is being steadily overcome. Could do with another slight temperature drop in case intensity eases off, but no complaints about this.

Is it settling up there?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Yep, seems like the snow may take as long to leave as it did to arrive. - that's 12 hours worth from 6pm

15-574UK.thumb.gif.7c09ffc15c6cb375a7c384a110d63341.gif12-574UK.thumb.gif.7d305819a8d022ba39ae000946bc5a48.gif9-574UK.thumb.gif.5711766c7e3392da00837f9d15f4aec1.gif6-574UK.thumb.gif.28678937d7b1265edb42e1d585bb039c.gif

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Latest temp and DP. 

Marked DP line. Just a few miles makes the difference. 

Screenshot_20190201-155040.png

Screenshot_20190201-155143.png

well its snowing here but according to that it shouldnt be

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

25cm of laying even snowfall here, easing off as this little meso-low drifts ESE....you guys could be in for some serious fun later!!

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

could there be some surprises tonight- havent looked at 1 model today!

Two models clocked this to some extent...one was Euro4 and the other was of course Hirlam (I think GFSP also had it.) 

I'm right on the edge of colder dew/temps. We've edged into it and I think over the next few hours it should go subzero. Going to be dangerous out there. A3 will be hit hard so be careful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

We have intermittent snow and then snizzle in camden at the moment. Leaving work in a sec so will see how we're faring at home. Nice bonus falls hopefully!

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Heavy snow now, must be close to settling at least on grass, temperature dropped another 0.2c to 0.7, almost the same as last night.

Looks good for the next couple of hours. Rush hour will be fun down the M3/A3 tonight. Stay safe everyone.

Whitefox - I'm at 89m. I have found this location does well in these borderline situations.

Glad you got on some action , really appreciated your input over last day , just a shame this cold snap been so poor for majority . Those in London I believe  really need a beast of the east to really get a covering to counteract urban heating 

• Like 1

Posted

Think I'm too far north for much snow from the system just south of me I'm in Aylesbury. What do you guys think?

Edited by jordan smith