Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature dropped from a maximum of 4.6 to 4.3 in last 30 mins here in locksbottom with light rain turning to sleet.is it possible this heavy snow that has hit Oxfordshire Wiltshire Somerset is finally on the move in a SE DIRECTION and moving towards London and then Kent/Sussex.who knows after yesterday’s forecast and maybe just wishful thinking on my part!,

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Flat pack snowman just arrived 

IMG-20190201-WA0050.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Wtf... That lot out west is really intensifiying again... 

@kold weather I think give it half hour to an hour you are going to be will in the game.. Reading etc as well...

Some reports coming out of snow falling again.. If bbc are right re 1-3cm that's another inch in places.. 

ICON failed on this one.. 

Think we need to get in the heavier bursts to get back to snow here in RG7. I thought the greens might do it, but think we need to get the lighter greens.

Temp steadily falling though as sun starts to go down. @kold weather is spot on: it will be treacherous once this all clears and freezes overnight.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Wtf... That lot out west is really intensifiying again... 

@kold weather I think give it half hour to an hour you are going to be will in the game.. Reading etc as well...

Some reports coming out of snow falling again.. If bbc are right re 1-3cm that's another inch in places.. 

ICON failed on this one.. 

Going to need to get colder for anything nuch, I have got some stuff falling from the sky, but it's hard to describe it! Truely is a wintry mix!

Really awful day out there...and nothing is settling with this, ground is way too wet and temps are on the wrong side of marginal still.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Going to need to get colder for anything nuch, I have got some stuff falling from the sky, but it's hard to describe it! Truely is a wintry mix!

Really awful day out there...and nothing is settling with this, ground is way too wet and temps are on the wrong side of marginal still.

Temps are on the way down

got a good feeling about the next few hrs for our neck of the woods

wokingham - rg41

• Like 1

Posted

@WhiteFox I've just looked at a local weather station and we've nearly matched our liquid precipitation levels we had from last night's snow.

That really shows how pathetic it was last night here that an hour of moderate sleety stuff can almost match the precipitation of last night!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm now under a green mass on the radar. Can't work out what's going on to our west? It's so wet here now, that if it did snow, it'd instantly disappear?! What's it looking like for NE Surrey/SW London ?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Temperature dropped from a maximum of 4.6 to 4.3 in last 30 mins here in locksbottom with light rain turning to sleet.is it possible this heavy snow that has hit Oxfordshire Wiltshire Somerset is finally on the move in a SE DIRECTION and moving towards London and then Kent/Sussex.who knows after yesterday’s forecast and maybe just wishful thinking on my part!,

Looks Dark over towards Reading , hopefully more incoming 

Posted
5 minutes ago, username home said:

Temps are on the way down

got a good feeling about the next few hrs for our neck of the woods

wokingham - rg41

Could well turn to snow, especially as the whole mass starts to clear away. I'm just not convinced anything is going yo settle however, I still need almost 1c drop from where I am (1.5) to stand a good chance of settling snow and with the ground so wet it's going to need a real heavy burst, not sure it's going to be quite active enough for that.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Light to moderate snow for the last half an hour in north-east Hampshire. Footprints being filled in and trees getting covered again. This is turning into a great spell in this part of the world. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Forecast for Where I am now, Whitstable, is heavy snow from 9pm tonight right through till tomorrow morning. That can’t be true - could it?

Posted
12 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I noticed the precipation pepping up along the A3 heavy sleet coming down now. I wonder if it fell hard enough if it would settle a bit, as there is still a good half centimetre of slushy snow on road  36F here. Would help if it came down to nearer 33F

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, coram said:

Light to moderate snow for the last half an hour in north-east Hampshire. Footprints being filled in and trees getting covered again. This is turning into a great spell in this part of the world. 

Amazing I can't be that far from you but it's been fairly poor here! Even now you've got settling snow and I have this wintry mix that is just getting the floor! I must be pretty close to the boundary if where that colder air is.

Posted

Been sat here on the forum & models trying to work out when it will snow again...look out the window by accident and it's snowing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Well they’ve had a pounding in Bath! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, coram said:

Caveat: a great spell for certain bits of this part of the world  

Have my hopes up for something tonight - albeit nothing major expected. We are going to the pub later this afternoon hoping a beer dance will bring the snow to us...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
5 minutes ago, terryall said:

Forecast for Where I am now, Whitstable, is heavy snow from 9pm tonight right through till tomorrow morning. That can’t be true - could it?

That’s what I’m seeing too... there’s little point in reading the forecasts, it’s a case of checking out the window - but there’s certainty something suspect going on and it’s still all to play for