Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
11 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Latest BBC Weather forecast states Greater London, The Downs & Hampshire could get 1-3 cm's of snow around 17:00 hrs

image.thumb.png.bc4983b76c3f85be6dc5773184c03df3.png

looks like is misses Liphook?

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Nick F said:

According to the models and current surface obs analysis, there's a low just south of Sussex, so still a push towards the NW of heavy showers over London from Kent around the top of this circulation, but the low will gradually slip south this afternoon taking the showers with it, while the occlusion over the N and W of our region bringing the persistent snow weakens and slides south too.

Hi again, I don't think it's going to come back over NW London because if it goes South East that will be for the south east London and South east wouldn't it? They deserve it if so, but is there anything else that would dart it east instead of South east 

Posted
1 minute ago, username home said:

looks like is misses Liphook?

Nah this one has turned up on time here, shame yesterday's couldn't have come 5hrs earlier like it should have done!

Anyway snow has now turned very mixed. The kind raw day I'd hate to have to be outside in for too long.

Posted

Sleety wet snow just started in north Essex, but temp is 2.7c and dew point 3 apparently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Someone on my Facebook posted that they was told that weeks 2-3 of February could be the weeks for decent snow events here in the south east, anyone with knowledge on here think the same ?? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Persistent light to moderate wet snow in NE London. Pepping up a bit on the radar. 

Posted

Amazing scenes over in the West Country. Some areas of Wiltshire/Somerset etc pushing on towards 30cm (1 foot) of snow now.

6 minutes ago, Swave Snow said:

Hi again, I don't think it's going to come back over NW London because if it goes South East that will be for the south east London and South east wouldn't it? They deserve it if so, but is there anything else that would dart it east instead of South east 

We'll be on the edge I imagine, the heavier stuff will go south of us - check Yamkins post. 

Edited by Uxbridge90

Posted
1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

I feel your pain Reef!!! Absolutley abysmal event for us.... I'm gutted.... not sure if Epsom Downs has more or Box Hill, may take a drive tomorrow but I can't be bothered today, feeling too meh about it all, lol!xx

I know, I feel silly getting down about it, I guess that's just the price of being a snow lover in our part of the south east! Only six students turned up for my son's class today out of 15, so they were sent home at lunchtime. It was properly raining by then so all the snow that was just about left this morning has been washed away. Ah well, the next time...

Posted
Just now, Oaks said:

Someone on my Facebook posted that they was told that weeks 2-3 of February could be the weeks for decent snow events here in the south east, anyone with knowledge on here think the same ?? 

Check the met office extended outlook. They reckon there could be a longer cold spell with easterly winds towards the end of Feb. But then again they say it might just stay wet and mild instead so who knows. Next week definitely looks milder from Tuesday but after that it's all up in the air, so to speak.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

Amazing scenes over in the West Country. Some areas of Wiltshire/Somerset etc pushing on towards 30cm (1 foot) of snow now.

Yeah they jackpotted for sure, lucky things!!

I think some here...'unjackpotted' if that makes sense!

Anyway wintry concotion has intensified here, really awful mix which is going destroyed what cover is left. At the moment it's best to describe it as grapuel.

Posted

Steady light-moderate graupel/sleet now. Temp edging back down to 1.4 dp 0.3

RG7

Edited by WhiteFox
Add

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring
Just now, snowblind said:

Check the met office extended outlook. They reckon there could be a longer cold spell with easterly winds towards the end of Feb. But then again they say it might just stay wet and mild instead so who knows. Next week definitely looks milder from Tuesday but after that it's all up in the air, so to speak.

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Wasn’t that Peter Gibbs?

anyway, lunchtime dp’s reveal a large area where precip will need to be pretty heavy to be likely to lead to settling snow - that marginal area should shrink back se as the afternoon progresses but it makes some of the snowy forecasts for the next couple hours a bit questionable 

CF13EEE7-8D71-41A1-9C0A-42221F108272.thumb.jpeg.4d0926325b005fbe681398d7b6028441.jpeg

Uppers aren't budging any time soon till around midnight so it looks like another flop for London. 

I see the Meto is going for heavy rain from 5pm onwards dropping to 2.c. Sounds about right. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yeah they jackpotted for sure, lucky things!!

I think some here...'unjackpotted' if that makes sense!

Anyway wintry concotion has intensified here, really awful mix which is going destroyed what cover is left. At the moment it's best to describe it as grapuel.

Unreal. Didn't expect that area to be the "Jackpot" zone, but good luck to them.

Still waiting for even a dusting here this winter mate, so at least you have beaten me, albeit not by much!

Total disaster of a winter thus far, despite promising background noise. Lets hope the Siberian Express pays a visit in the next few weeks, before the towel gets chucked in.

Edited by Southender

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Totally crap here, today: 4.3C, fresh NE wind and cloudy...In the immortal words of the late, lamented Wendy Richard, 'It's cold aaaaatside'!:cold::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Still snowing moderately now 

15490305312658474707856843411503.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Jemma Croton said:

My son in particular really struggles. Especially after Feb last year we went out and the snow started up again and felt like hail pellets stinging your face... so now he thinks snow will hurt. Bless him. 

Luckily though with it looking likely to continue this afternoon and hopefully little chance of thawing overnight they get to play in it tomorrow 

Bless, and you SOOO want them to enjoy it. My little chap with aspergers and dyspraxia and as a result learning disabilities used to ONLY want to endlessly throw snowballs at me when we were out in the snow. He is 19 now and as we walked through snow last night, he was giggling at all the parts of me that had been the recipient of said snowballs - especially in my eye and down my back! He prides himself on being more mature these days;) Good luck with your little charges.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Totally crap here, today: 4.3C, fresh NE wind and cloudy...In the immortal words of the late, lamented Wendy Richard, 'It's cold aaaaatside'!:cold::cold:

I was thinking Tubeway Army Are Friends Electric?

Posted

The main thing I think tonight apart from this wintry mess is the likely hood for ice. Once this does clear away it's going to quickly turn Sub zero across much of the region and all the wet/snow that is still present is going yo get frozen into place.

Going to be nasty out there tonight and tomorrow morning.