Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted

Looks like no snow in the forecast for me now. Temperatures rising on Monday, up to 8c. So will be looking forward to the next cold spell now, this one has been pretty useless to be honest.

Edited by Nqp15hhu
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
4 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Looks like no snow in the forecast for me now. Temperatures rising on Monday, up to 8c. So will be looking forward to the next cold spell now, this one has been pretty useless to be honest.

Useless for me also but been great for others which is good to see.

Posted

Euro4 is very meh for s herts yet Meto app has heavy snow all afternoon - it did ok in the end last night so wondering what its seeing (ec op and Meto app seemed in some sync overnight )

Edited by bluearmy

Posted
3 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Too marginal and fronts not making good progress. Think sea temps might be too mild too.

Edited by Nqp15hhu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I've built a quality snow man for those who got done 

IMG-20190201-WA0029.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snowing in NE London. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
40 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Very disappointing in this area for longevity. The snow came, then it went, then it came back better with more flakes and by 2am when I looked out the window nice thick snow scapes greeted me across the rooftops. Awaking at 7am, much of the snow on the rooftops had gone and the roads and pavements were clear, leaving me just to get the snow off the car. Son is very unimpressed that Nescot College in Epsom was open and it wasn't to be a snow day after all. There was enough snow left in Nonsuch Park to make it look seasonal at least, I'll post a pic later. Trying to be positive that I have cleared the car of snow twice in two weeks, driven in snow and walked the dog in nice falling flakes as the roads and pavements covered. But also thinking of how close we came to something more memorable. And it's raining!

I feel your pain Reef!!! Absolutley abysmal event for us.... I'm gutted.... not sure if Epsom Downs has more or Box Hill, may take a drive tomorrow but I can't be bothered today, feeling too meh about it all, lol!xx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
Just now, weathergeek said:

I feel your pain Reef!!! Absolutley abysmal event for us.... I'm gutted.... not sure if Epsom Downs has more or Box Hill, may take a drive tomorrow but I can't be bothered today, feeling too meh about it all, lol!xx

Surrey ( The Poster ) has done well out of it, have a look at the pictures he posted.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Dreadful day here on the Essex riviera...just cold rain YUCK!

Same here, cold, damp and grey, enough to make anyone get on the ladyboys, though given its lunch time i'll settle for a stomp down to the petrol station for a Ginsters.

• Like 1

Posted

I was hoping that Norfolk might do well today out of some Shower activity in the North sea but just cant see where this is coming from at the moment. If anyone has any insights....??

Posted

*Prays to the weather gods again*

Looking at the radar I can see where they are coming from; just north and west of here is getting a dumping right now but I'm restricted to intermittent light snow at the moment.

IMG_20190201_122633.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
7 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Surrey ( The Poster ) has done well out of it, have a look at the pictures he posted.

I think he's gone up a hill, lol!

Posted

Afternoon all

Obviously a lot of disappointed people on the snow front in this region but also a few winners as well.

Clearly, for those furthest to the east and south the orientation of the LP ushered in a sector of more humid air caused a steady if not rapid melt of snow cover and some quite hefty rain showers down over east Kent. It reminded me of December 2010 when the Saturday snowfall was attacked by a pulse of humid air on Monday which brought a little rain and a melt of about half of what was lying.

As with others, here in lowland East London, we had a little snow as the front came through but by dawn this had largely melted and now we have quite steady rain and a temperature of around 2c but humidity up around 90% so very marginal but just the wrong way for me. Some indications of a brief re-invigoration of the front as it pulls away to the south and south east overnight so whether that will equate to a dusting by morning remains to be seen. Tomorrow does look a cold feeling day with 850s of -6 or so for much of the day and lower humidity but we'll be under a transient ridge by then.

The end of winter? Who knows? Still one third to go by most reckoning and perfectly possible even here to have lying snow well into March.

• Like 2

Posted

Have just travelled back from Bracknell which is a a winter wonderland with snow still falling, to Weybridge in Surrey which has lost its dusting from overnight and is raining, amazing difference in about 15 miies distance.

Edited by Cableguy
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Team Squirrel said:

Snow day for us, went sledging for the first time since I was a kid, it was far too much fun!! 

DSC01344.JPG

Excellent! Perfect for building a snowman too; very clingy, wet snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
19 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

& @Reefseeker I am told by my wife that my two girls had lots of fun In the snow on the way too school before it all melted , such a shame it’s all gone so quickly, I was flabbergasted just now to see Chippenham on the bbc news channel still being pummelled with snow . At least I suppose I have no big issues at work that are snow related .

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Fred the south east mascot is happy got some arms now still chucking it down .Anyone up load a radar map . Not expected 

15490246346549185648818189601732.jpg

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Pelting down here,cold rain,b e a utiful, but I refuse to give up, we will have a decent snow event for everyone, and it will not involve warm sectors, higher dew points, marginality, or any other stuff that gets in the way, keep the faith peeps its only February

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Front is definitely edging slowly back ESE to SE. All frozen PPN here in RG7 so maybe a slim chance for those further south and east?

Screenshot_2019-02-01-12-01-49-416_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.png

I disagree. I just did a little experiment by tracking the eastern edge with my cursor and my conclusion is that whilst the boundaries are not 100% static, generally it's not budging. Eastern edge is pretty well Oxford, as it was some hours ago. It seems to be merging with the precipitation further east, though, which is moving NW.

• Like 1