Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
34 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Just woke up and a bit suprised to see nearly all the snow gone and it is raining . Oh well nice whist it was here .

Very disappointing in this area for longevity. The snow came, then it went, then it came back better with more flakes and by 2am when I looked out the window nice thick snow scapes greeted me across the rooftops. Awaking at 7am, much of the snow on the rooftops had gone and the roads and pavements were clear, leaving me just to get the snow off the car. Son is very unimpressed that Nescot College in Epsom was open and it wasn't to be a snow day after all. There was enough snow left in Nonsuch Park to make it look seasonal at least, I'll post a pic later. Trying to be positive that I have cleared the car of snow twice in two weeks, driven in snow and walked the dog in nice falling flakes as the roads and pavements covered. But also thinking of how close we came to something more memorable. And it's raining!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Still snowing near OXFORD Airport although looking at radar it might clear to the south west soon. Oxfordshire done well out of this! 

Posted

Well I took the day off work to sort out the allotment as they said it would cleared up by now. 

Could be an afternoon of Netflix by the looks of it. 

I don't mind rain but this cold mess?? Arrghh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s been raining here quite heavily for about seven or so hours, all the snow has gone now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

Well that was pathetic wish we could wind clock back to last year when we had the beast that was quality.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Still chucking it down . Not expected 

15490211935998454415841833089040.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
3 minutes ago, birdman said:

Still snowing near OXFORD Airport although looking at radar it might clear to the south west soon. Oxfordshire done well out of this! 

Tell me about it 12 miles south .still snowing 

15490212995268380544291455783433.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Shame the temperature is a couple of degrees above freezing and much of the snow has turned to slush or melted. Vile

Have to take what we can get here! Definitely looks like frozen PPN backbuilding a

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Am I allowed to say the words Snow Chance

I think I now know how you felt Paul in Feb 09. Granted that was an even bigger screw job but us in the southern part of this region really did snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so far!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Have to take what we can get here! Definitely looks like frozen PPN backbuilding a

Yeah and it is forecast Ed to shift SE over the next 5hrs or so. As I said doesn't look cold enough to settle, though I wouldn't rule out some settling in the evening hours as the colder air is wrapped behind that front.

However...based on last night...I expect the worst possible out one here ;)

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I think I now know how you felt Paul in Feb 09. Granted that was an even bigger screw job but us in the southern part of this region really did snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so far!

Yep. Unbelievably unlucky last night it has to be said. Mess this morning is more remimiscent of 80s winters. Definitely a lesser occurrence over the past thirty years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
19 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Big streamer like feature moving west from Thames Estuary towards Heathrow, West Berks.

To me, on the radar if you freeze the frame where there is that precipitation, it would seem like a streamer, it is actually just the same feature still moving around. None of it is heading west but budging north and pivoting still. Streamer of the sort you mention would show precipitation directly heading west. Given the current wind direction around the Thames, if it were a streamer and heading anywhere it would be towards areas below Berkshire. Down into parts of Middlesex, Surrey, North Hants perhaps.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Some might just get lucky later tonight

hirlamuk-42-15-0.png?01-10

Hirlam is too far east at the moment, so I think it's going too far east with it's forecast I see no reason why it should shift much from where it is right now. It will Wax and wane in terms of size but I think by the time it does shift it's going to be a mere shadow itself.

Hope HIRLAM is right but I don't think it is this time.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Front is definitely edging slowly back ESE to SE. All frozen PPN here in RG7 so maybe a slim chance for those further south and east?

Screenshot_2019-02-01-12-01-49-416_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Front is definitely edging slowly back ESE to SE. All frozen PPN here in RG7 so maybe a slim chance for those further south and east?

Screenshot_2019-02-01-12-01-49-416_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.png

Possibly, the Euro4 does shift it just as it decays away. Ends up over me just as it dies off. Hirlam obviously more agressive but it did a poor job in the SE last night so no reason for that to change now I'm sure!

Besides, I think any precip hete right now will be sleet, so honestly I don't mind if we stay dry for a while yet.

Edited by kold weather