Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Morning all! Managed a quick walk before "my snow" melts away. It has been raining....

First time trying to add photos... hope it works!!  They're not that wonderful either but hey ho I've tried!

GEDC0615.JPG

GEDC0609.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

UK Jackpot zone seems to have been over towards the Chilterns through to the Cotswolds, Wessex Downs & Mendips. Many reports of >7"+ (17-18cm) from that way.

Suspect somewhere that way with elevation has topped 20cm. Not a bad return in about 12 hours.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

What an awful start to the morning, even though  I knew we were in for a big chance of rain after the snow it was still a shock to wake up to find torrential rain which still hasn’t stopped. I don’t mind seeing the rain, we haven’t had rain for some time but it does sting to know that my garden was covered in thick snow last night and now it’s all gone. It’s so overcast here it’s making it very dark.

I’m not sure what the rest of winter holds and there are always chances of more snow (look at last year). The weather will do what it wants how much we try to bend it to our will  I do love snow and get very excited to see it but at the same time I’m quite ready for some warmth. I like seeing he sun, opening up my french doors and sitting out in the garden till late. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Thanks for sharing al your lovely snowy photos from the northwest and west of London, keep them coming, can't say I'm at all jealous! 

Currently got sleet falling and a few snowflakes mixed here near Croydon, will dissolve what's left of the patchy melting snow on grass and pavements from overnight, we did have almost 2cm at one point in the night.

Give me a deep cold easterly any day over this marginal rubbish, just want the snow to stick around after dawn so the kids can at least make a snowman.

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Radar showing snow coming west across London. Anyone in Central can confirm?

It's heavy sleet with a few wet snow flakes mixed in here in Croydon

• Like 1

Posted

Glad to see some have seen snowfall. Absolutely nothing here as expected and still awaiting my first snowflake this winter.

Hoping I may see some via showers later but mindful it could be marginal here due to the flow coming from the NE.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I'd rather the sun came out, least I could get some nice pictures then

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick F said:

It's heavy sleet with a few wet snow flakes mixed in here in Croydon

What's is doing pushing up into London from the south east to the north west, thought the front was supposed to come back over London 

Posted
1 minute ago, Swave Snow said:

What's is doing pushing up into London from the south east to the north west, thought the front was supposed to come back over London 

Chance later this evening the London area could see snow return as the front clears SE. The 06Z GFS seems to intensify the precip once again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A dullish and breezy 3.5C around here; so any showers, that do occur, will probably contain a godawful mixture of rain, ice-pellets, graupel and sleet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!
13 hours ago, bluebell said:

Ditto, our council tax doesn’t include street lighting in my village either! I drove through a Ninfield yesterday, I noticed your local is now calling itself a gastro pub, is it any good?!! 

Sorry Bluebell must of missed your reply last night This thread was moving so fast it was hard to keep up and I popped out for a bit! I haven't been in my local for ages so I don't know if it's any good or not. It used to be ok!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Chaos here this morning with thousands of children off school, here's one of the scenes down the local park. As you can see the snow was fairly deep!

download.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Swave Snow said:

According to the models and current surface obs analysis, there's a low just south of Sussex, so still a push towards the NW of heavy showers over London from Kent around the top of this circulation, but the low will gradually slip south this afternoon taking the showers with it, while the occlusion over the N and W of our region bringing the persistent snow weakens and slides south too.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

What an awful start to the morning, even though  I knew we were in for a big chance of rain after the snow it was still a shock to wake up to find torrential rain which still hasn’t stopped. I don’t mind seeing the rain, we haven’t had rain for some time but it does sting to know that my garden was covered in thick snow last night and now it’s all gone. It’s so overcast here it’s making it very dark.

I’m not sure what the rest of winter holds and there are always chances of more snow (look at last year). The weather will do what it wants how much we try to bend it to our will  I do love snow and get very excited to see it but at the same time I’m quite ready for some warmth. I like seeing he sun, opening up my french doors and sitting out in the garden till late. 

It's coming up from the sw in this corner. Can't wait till we are in the centre of this low. At least it will be dry for a bit. Unless it fills of course.

Posted

Temp has been hovering just below 1c for the last 3 hours. Dew point is 1. Still a patchy covering of slushy snow around.

Posted

Sleet has actually just started to turn to proper snow now here near Croydon, but not hopeful it will settle.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
5 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Chance later this evening the London area could see snow return as the front clears SE. The 06Z GFS seems to intensify the precip once again.

Hi Dave,

Looks like the METO are suggesting a possible Wash Streamer, tonight??

image.thumb.png.a16eda7f878767fbda7a074a7c3e2a45.png

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1