Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted

A Lovely snowy morning in St Albans with around 4/5cm in places. Slow thaw has set in but I’m pleased with what we got, especially as a few days ago it looked like we would struggle to even get a dusting! 

C99927CD-D37E-4DE4-8158-9ADDB922B7FD.jpeg

85856D87-1479-4F79-813C-BEFB347ACF1A.jpeg

4179C4AD-01A3-4F80-AB3D-80D5A150B88C.jpeg

C15CA9C1-37D0-468B-9845-ADFF1209C42A.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Nice to see laying snow,but have to admit im hugely disappointed, raining hard here, and has been since the early hours, washing away a fair bit of what fell, all I want is a couple of days of snow laying, no marginal hooha, which seems to be the norm more often that not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Looks like a NNE Streamer could set-up overnight for Norfolk/ Peterborough area. Those areas could see some wintry/snow showers, trouble is no elevation up there, to help.

image.thumb.png.19b87fd5d37d1757c054ba069abbe0ea.png

Glad to see some of the Region did quite well. It seems the front was far more active on it's western flank, to the west of London, having looked at all the news reports, from Chippenham and South Wales.

Bring on the "Murr sausage" and an ENE, that's what I say!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
2 hours ago, icy toes said:

Wow - the snow band has moved north after all and we have a covering of snow here in Cambs. We weren’t forecast any. Goes to show the models aren’t always spot on. Happy snow day everyone. Looks like we might get some more over the next hour or so.

Yes was a total surprise this morning and a nice walk to work in the snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Don’t understand where the MO are getting this snow ⚠️ warning from? Or is this meant to be the bulk of the snow now falling over the West Country?

73AD1BEE-3996-4800-ACCC-3635E8D42538.jpeg

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I think we have just climbed over 1cm, weve got some melting so it maybe a close run thing. Probably was over 1cm at the end of that weaker band at 3am! 

Definitely better than feared, that moderate back end finally moistened up the atmosphere, upto that point everything died around this area. Just a shame that first front set up just to the north and I was in a major subsidence zone.

The. The 2nd bad luck was a little secondary low spun off into Hampshire which forced the front yo Arch taking us out of the zone. Luckily it died quickly and the back edge refilled again as a new low took over in the channel.

Who's going to be filming you then?

Light snow here again. Looks like a little back building going on. Temp is 0.9  now with dewpoint of 0 so I don't think there will be any more accumulation, especially as lying snow is already fairly wet and slowly thawing.

Three Mile Cross RG7

Posted

Plus dew points for alot in the south east really takes the proverbial,even on the south coast is freezing or below

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Morning.. Are we expecting more to come this way..?

I took some photos of my workplace at Crown lane/Beulah Hill. 

IMG_20190201_074253.thumb.jpg.518fa840a2e7b9456ffcefbc70e060f8.jpgIMG_20190201_074059.thumb.jpg.399322f913ee49781325bbad62493d01.jpgIMG_20190201_074205_1.thumb.jpg.360bd7f155924d917703d9a4166fadf3.jpgIMG_20190201_074215.thumb.jpg.cbbba70b9aec8787890dc2b23f4be37e.jpg

These are from last night in my back garden in Selston. 

IMG_20190201_050911.thumb.jpg.fc6338028b71e95f49b4242ee791fbb2.jpgIMG_20190201_050904.thumb.jpg.dc4a7526c3dfdd7968a7003664bf78b6.jpg

Edited by D.V.R
Deleting pictures
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, mulzy said:

The 1cm we had at 6am is thawing rapidly.  Just a patchy slushy dusting that's left.

1.3C

Glad folk in the western and northwestern part of the region did reasonably well.  One day, Greater London will see a fall to match Feb '09, Feb '91 and the legendary stuff from the 80's.  One day...

Still have some patches about even though it's raining here, and still some on the hills to. Won't be there for much longer I expect.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Isle of Harry said:

January 2019 has been the driest since January 2006 in Thanet. 

Been a very dry spell here too since autumn. Unfortunately, my rain gauge was not working due to cobwebs for a while, but I haven't seen an awful lot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

We ended up with about 2cm - now I understand how little that is in practice

still nice to look at tho I can’t help thinking if it wasn’t for the timing BEING FIVE HOURS LATE we would be seeing quite an impressive amount of snow.

Everyone made it into the office, no disruption and work’s open for business. Pah!

Oh well hopefully everyone stayed safe and didn’t trip over any grass this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Happy for all that got a decent amount of snow last night. Especially those that weren't expecting much.

It was looking quite promising here when I turned in at 11 pm but woke to cold rain and patchy slush. I've no idea what the accumulation got to before it turned to rain. 

Onwards and upwards. I've been on the other side before and got a nice dollop of snow that wasn't expected so I'm quite philosophical about it.

A Kent streamer would though, I have to admit.

Posted

Nice amount left still, but with the rain thats fell since the early hours, and the plus dew points and temps, it will melt away soon enough, a real shame it has to be marginal all the time

IMG_20190201_093806.jpg

Posted
2 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Been a very dry spell here too since autumn. Unfortunately, my rain gauge was not working due to cobwebs for a while, but I haven't seen an awful lot!

Which is interesting because we've had quite a few diving LPs but few of them have actually produced much rainfall. We will join doubt pay for it in June as per the norm!

Flash, we have done well to get more than a dusting, we were screwed over by 2 major pieces of bad luck last night. We would not have even got what we got were it not for a weak low taking over from the Hampshire low between 12-2am which caused the LP to collapse and finally filter in through convection 

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Usually we do so well for snow due to elevation and location right on the very outside edge of the North Downs - not last night! I went to bed around 10.30 having watched the lovely yellow blob losing some of its intensity as it pivoted toward me. I woke up a few times in the night and forced myself not to get out of bed and look out the window! Clearly we did have some snow overnight, but it had already started melting by 7am and really wasn't anything to write home about. Another heavy snow snower on my way to work on the A21, just before junction 4 of the M25 but was falling as sleety rain on the M25 itself. 

Still hopeful that Feb might bring us a nice Easterly which seems to be better for my location. Very happy for those who had a decent amount overnight, have loved seeing the photos so far. Enjoy! 

Edited by EWS
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

In the last hour the Me to have upgraded here to double snowflakes at 10 am and 11am. Is that precip on the radar going to start dropping SE?

Screenshot_20190201-091619_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190201-094046_Chrome.jpg