Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

Although its been a disappointing week for many (probably because my expectations were too high). If you'd told me a few weeks ago I'd have 4 days of snow cover in a row I'd have taken that. Granted its snow cover of an inch or less but better than all winter (I'm trying to be positive lol)

Ha ha! Rates in top ten snowfalls over past twenty years here! May not have had extreme cold for days on end, but in terms of snow cover today is only behind Feb/Mar 2018, Dec 2010 and Dec/Jan 09/10 this century.

• Like 2

Posted

My guess would be 2cm here so pretty much spot on predictions but just happy to see everything white. Off for a walk then really I should get back to work instead of looking at models. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
Just now, WhiteFox said:

Ha ha! Rates in top ten snowfalls over past twenty years here! May not have had extreme cold for days on end, but in terms of snow cover today is only behind Feb/Mar 2018, Dec 2010 and Dec/Jan 09/10 this century.

this was def in the sweet spot. amazing how much came down after i went to bed at 2am. 

wokingham - rg41

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Definitely more snow in Walderslade than in Sidcup. Seems like there was a weird gap between the South coast and North London.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, snowbob said:

What do people think about showers being blown in from a northerly direction tonight

worth watching 

or pants

There will be. All rain though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Very heavy rain/hail shower in Hastings! Torrential!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Meto still has me (Ashtead Surrey) down for heavy snow between now and midday but looking at the radar I cannot see where that's going to come from?! Temp 1.4c and trending up, 93% humidity x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

So onto the next chase! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Local street water flooding is present...

Posted

Awoken to some sleet and mush. Think I would have taken yesterdays -6 freezing fog over that but anyway! 

Just wasn't the right set up yesterday - and the front was not significant/potent enough. 

Of better interest are the showers/convective activity prospects for the next 24 hours - as the radar currently shows around Newcastle. Get in the firing line of these and they would easily out do yesterdays damp squib and provide a nice 2-3 inches. Hoping a 'Wash Streamer' sets up later...will have to wait and see. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

That's amazing to think so many people disappointed in one part of the region whilst others get a great dumping - I'm jealous - be sure to upload lots of pics so us bitter ones can enjoy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Met Office have heavy snow over me until 11am, I'm not seeing it any where on radar or charts! Pah!

Posted
46 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Meagre would be an understatement. And a south of the M4 event, my *rse! Just goes to confirm that by and large for me here on the Surrey/Sussex border, Pm routes to cold are typically garbage unless decent blocking to the North East/East and embedded cold are in situ. All this modified nonsense, flows off the channel, less warm sectors, shearing fronts etc yada yada. No good. Take me back to Feb 86; or Jan 87. Or Feb 91. Or Feb 09. Hell, even March 2018. Give me a bloody easterly! 

I take it you’re not happy ! 

The issue for the far se was the less cold sector , areas further west avoided that . There was never the depth of cold for it to be non marginal especially towards areas with an onshore flow.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Definitely more snow in Walderslade than in Sidcup. Seems like there was a weird gap between the South coast and North London.

I swear Walderslade and Lordswood have their own micro climate - I grew up in Lordswood during the 80's and 90's. Some amazing snowfalls there whilst down the road had half.

Posted

A cracking spell of sleet here now 

This event was so marginal for here but I suppose it was always going to be thus so can’t be too dispondant.

Back to medium long term prospect again for me and the hunt for some more winter.... 

Posted
1 minute ago, Jemma Croton said:

Whoever called it being good for Swindon was right on the money. Can’t find a ruler to measure...

22D02796-359D-4EB3-B1D1-823578D37B28.jpeg

Really happy for you Jemma. Enjoy your snow day . 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Can these regional threads not attach a warning sign to ignore weather apps as they’re garbage .

Yes, they should come with a health warning! MO app was rarely accurate for here last night. They got it right in the end showing heavy snow between 1 and 6am, but I could have found that out from the radar.

• Like 1