Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted

It looks like it was a hit and miss affair across the region .

More areas saw snow falling but accumulations were harder to come by ,that less cold sector in the far se was always there in the models to varying degrees .

• Like 1

Posted

Got about 3-4" here in north-east Hampshire - so pretty pleased. Right at the top of the estimates for the area south of London. Dog is going mad in the garden and have had to knock off the accumulations from some bent over bushes.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold, Thunderstorms

Morning everyone. Well after a slow start not a bad little covering in the end ❄ certainly more than i was expecting living in Leighton buzzard 

20190201_071647.jpg

20190201_071653.jpg

20190201_072628.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Morning, well that was an event that promised so much and delivered so little. It just never felt quite cold enough and with all those gaps in the precipitation, we just didn't get enough of the heavy stuff. On the plus side, I'm flying to Italy tomorrow so Gatwick should be functioning and it's snowing heavily in the mountains today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Got woken up at 4;20am this morning by next doors child screaming 'It's snowing' and believe me, it was loud. Then she started crying.

about an inch here but it's normally more as you head into the village. Moderate snow still here with flakes getting bigger, looks like it will stop before we head out.

0.7c.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

More areas saw snow falling but accumulations were harder to come by ,that less cold sector in the far se was always there in the models to varying degrees .

I mentioned last night I was concerned about the marginal element. Seems to have come true for many unfortunately. Was a tricky one to forecast

Edited by CanadianCoops
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Meagre would be an understatement. And a south of the M4 event, my *rse! Just goes to confirm that by and large for me here on the Surrey/Sussex border, Pm routes to cold are typically garbage unless decent blocking to the North East/East and embedded cold are in situ. All this modified nonsense, flows off the channel, less warm sectors, shearing fronts etc yada yada. No good. Take me back to Feb 86; or Jan 87. Or Feb 91. Or Feb 09. Hell, even March 2018. Give me a bloody easterly! 

Edited by pureasthedriven
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Thawing quite quickly in Ashford, Middlesex, oh well, nice to see and not bad from a NW’ly! Nothing beats a good E’ly though with day and night temperatures below freezing. 

Posted

Was always going to be a disappointment when coming from a southerly direction. Dragged all the warm mush into the system. The only way this could of worked is if turned straight into an easterly as the low passed over. Think I need to move to Chicago and experience something worth being on the news

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

These pics from my sister in Yarcombe, on the Blackdown hills in Devon. They’re snowed in, looks amazing there. Sadly only a cm here in Addlestone

462C691E-24F8-4031-BFE3-9516DFCAC820.jpeg

0C1DC866-EDC7-4AFC-8ADE-846C985ADD14.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

We did well in High Wycombe. Snow days all round! Sorry to those who didn’t see much this time.

1549007749015-1081957517.jpg

1549007778307-1259955284.jpg

15490078000731480579727.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Well, the 5cm we accumulated last night is dripping away, and we have that classic 'end of snow spell' fog outside. I'll post a couple of pictures in the next post, but it doesn't reflect what it looked like last night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Heading up the great park shortly for some sledging!!!! 

Fun! Whereabouts do you go? We used to go to Runnymede. Hurry before it all melts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Thawing but a good covering still in Hailsham. Ended up with just under 5cms which, for us at least, was more than expected.

• Like 1

Posted

I suppose trying to get a positive from the no snow club is that I dont go through the trauma of slowly watching it thaw (drip by drip by drip ) it would still have been nice to have seen some snow though

Posted

The 1cm we had at 6am is thawing rapidly.  Just a patchy slushy dusting that's left.

1.3C

Glad folk in the western and northwestern part of the region did reasonably well.  One day, Greater London will see a fall to match Feb '09, Feb '91 and the legendary stuff from the 80's.  One day...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

771700C0-0CA6-4168-B859-5B2B70C0BDA3.jpeg

2563CC1A-BDC7-4033-ACA7-AF46C9C20E28.jpeg

4BB33B29-C3F2-4D95-9676-4895F2593D79.jpeg

25695912-B219-4614-8BB7-3553A7521FF6.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Some lovely pics here this morning  Nothing to write home about here in Croydon and rapidly melting even though we were close to the 'jackpot' zone. I think one of the issues is the ground is probably too warm hence why there is such a fast melt going on. That and it just never snowed as much as we were all going for of course.

Posted

Good morning from the corridor of mediocrity. Nothing to speak of in Hooe. Some wet patches of slush. Snowed up until 1am but too sleety to accumulate.

Then rained...bah.

If you have accumulations enjoy it, certainly north of the region got some surprises.

Roll on spring now....appears we are unable to get snow here. That’s 2years now in a number of set ups and still no accumulations!

• Like 2