Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Came downstairs about a half an hour ago. We have a partial dusting here in Lee, S.E.London. A little bit more than when I had to retire to bed at 10 last night with severe, radar fatigue!!

Well done to those of you, that have a decent covering.

Have just watched Stav Danaos and MeteoGroup's, Weather For The Week Ahead. Mention of a few sleet/snow showers at first with sleet and hill snow. gradually petering out, in the extreme S.E of our Region, as we go through the afternoon. A few wintry showers overnight, more likely in the East of our Region, on a NNE wind.

A few more wintry showers in the East of our Region tomorrow, gradually petering out. So mostly dry by then but on the cold side with a high of 5c, for London. A ridge of High Pressure then moves in for Sunday, so dry but still on the cold side.

Atlantic now having more influence as we move into Monday with some rain, as a cold front tracks across our Region. But as winds are now in from the Atlantic, temps up a tad at 7c, for London.

A chilly night on Monday, under a ridge of High Pressure. Tuesday dry, with light winds and a high for London of 8c.

Then Stav stated that the Atlantic coming to life a bit more, bringing slightly milder or less cold air in, at times.

Stav finished the Forecast by stating that cold air, will never be too far away. Interesting!!

I see the GFS 00z run, seemingly want to develop a "Murr Scandinavian sausage", as we enter the second week of February.

image.thumb.png.43a2d3fcb7a3b0fce2f182955e28dfa8.png

But that's a long way off but nevertheless, interesting. Over to you, ECM.

Regards,

Tom :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Absolute rubbish again for my location in Essex, although last night was kind of like watching the grand national when your horse is still running but the jockey fell off ages ago

Mid-Feb is where I start looking for Spring conditions to develop in the modelling, so a couple of weeks left for me of this winter season. Been a sub-par one in general if nothing emerges soon. 

Glad some members got a covering!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

F F S For the 2nd time this week I wake up and look out the window to see no snow.  Not even a dusting. On the news it's showing all the snow that fell including the SE. Pleased for those who are waking up for snow this morning. 

Snow shields working 100% lol.

Edited by The BEAST From The East
  • Like 2

Posted

Well I caught the tail end of that streamer that has caused the Amber warning so got some more snow than I expected. However looks like Reading area really copped it last night. Guildford area must have done well as well 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Jackski4 said:

Guys what happened to the snow in essex

Had a feeling it was going to be a blow out on the estuary when I was posting the rising temperatures prior to midnight. Well done to everyone who got there snow fix further in land away from the south essex and north kent coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Well that was all a bit rubbish!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

School closures in Woking ? All of 5cm ? Wtf !

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Well, some of us 'guys' and girls in some parts of Essex enjoyed the snow.

jff... Just For Fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

well woke up to about 9cm of snow and it's still falling!!!  What a lovely surprise.

• Like 5

Posted

South Croydon- looks like it’s raining here. Probably had a couple of cms at 4am but a  lot has already melted since then, so it doesn’t even look pretty. 

Not moaning - snow is snow. I’m sure we will eventually get a snow event that’s more what we are after.

Posted
18 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Well I caught the tail end of that streamer that has caused the Amber warning so got some more snow than I expected. However looks like Reading area really copped it last night. Guildford area must have done well as well 

Aren't you running around butt naked or something, to keep the bet you made with forum last night?

• Like 1

Posted

Barely a centimetre of lying snow in Reigate and what there is is very patchy. Temperature and dewpoint both now just above freezing.  

• Like 1

Posted

1-2cm of snow here, starting to melt already. Bit disappointing overall, I’d give it a 4/10 as an event. Clearing snow off the car doesn’t happen every year and it’s nice to feel the squeak and crunch when you walk on it, but felt there was potential for more snow here that never really materialised. Still, we had some, and it’s only the 1st February so still time for more! 

• Like 1

Posted

A pleasant 5cm or more here in Codicote, Herts.

Wasn't expecting much, so a wonderful surprise.

Now have to venture to work.

Posted

Was Sleety when it started at Midnight with -2c Dewpoints and is hammering it down with rain now with positive dewpoints

Bah! Estuary can be a life saver or an enemy it seems

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Slight dusting in North Essex, second one in a week.

Well done to those in other parts of the region with good snow. Loving the pictures and reports. Can't say I'm not a bit jealous though.

Edit: there is a bit of light snow falling now.

Edited by snowblind

Posted

Wow - the snow band has moved north after all and we have a covering of snow here in Cambs. We weren’t forecast any. Goes to show the models aren’t always spot on. Happy snow day everyone. Looks like we might get some more over the next hour or so.

• Like 1