Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

The latest Euro 4 takes the Channel shortwave ene before it fills by 2 am UK time .

So the opposite of the ICON which I think has called this wrong .That looks far too weak with the precip given the latest radar returns .

Euro 4..coming out in gold dust AGAIN nick..

@top performer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
20 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yeah, its the hope that kills you. As someone said (I think Whitefox) I've invested far too much into this set-up to go to bed without seeing anything.

Oh and btw, the snows been so light from the backedge, the ground is actually wet....so even if it does snow, probably isn't going to do much unless it has a bit of umph to it...which is not happening.

It’s picking up in godders now - there’s still a chance. We did miss a golden opportunity earlier but all we need it 30 mins heavy snow to get in on the action.

Really feel for u tho. It’s a terrible turnaround of fortune for these parts

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Radar showing the cell is dying out over Midhurst...so still no snow of any description...

I'm literally like the eye of a hurricane looking at this radar, there is snow all around, showers all around and I still can't catch a damn break...So sick of this joke now.

Anyone else out there who has had nothing but snizzle...or am I all alone with that curse now?!

Kold if its any consolation I'm in Ipswich with snow probably just 30 miles to my south but not much chance of it getting closer... 

Posted
1 minute ago, pureasthedriven said:

Kold, I have about (literally) 5mm of patchy snow. No more. No snowflake bigger than 5p size so far all evening. Radar may look appetising from afar but here in Horley it’s garbage on the ground. 

So looks like we are still suffering from subsidence...think this isn't going to be our event guys, the guys a little further north in the frontal zone will keep the snow now they have it, probably going to hear reports of 10-20cms from them...and we will have our piddly little dusting to be happy with.

Posted
45 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Steady falls still..

Works off tmoz..a bottle of rioja now..and a few nelson mandelas..

Then me and my boy in the snow..

He'll be amazed..

Screenshot_2019-01-31-22-47-37.png

Enjoy it mate you deserve it. Love your posts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

J have one of those symbols over me now in Horley - trust me, it ain’t heavy snow! I think someone may have sneezed and neglected to catch it. 

Whereas I have a light grey cloud and dry on the MO app, and yet it's snowing heavily! I expect it'll stop when the heavy snow icon appears...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been looking on my phone at out external Nest camera and didn't look too heavy but just looked of my window and it is heavy... Happy Days!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Kold if its any consolation I'm in Ipswich with snow probably just 30 miles to my south but not much chance of it getting closer... 

True, but at least you are not surrounded by radar returns for snow. I'm in the middle of a hole about 30 miles in diameter with showers that just decay every time they get close.

At least you were frankly never likely to get snow from todays forecast...pretty much all the models gave me at least something, and some were giving me 5-10cms, the worst had 1-2cms but...I'm not going to get even that.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Moderate fall of fat flakes now here near Croydon, but not settling readily yet ...

So much snow to the east all the way across to SW Holland and pretty heavy band coming into Sussex coast too by the looks of it

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
Just now, Mal Kapadia said:

Been looking on my phone at out external Nest camera and didn't look too heavy but just looked of my window and it is heavy... Happy Days!

Yes I would class it as heavy Mal , I’m just down the road I’m Chessington, but surprised though it doesn’t seem to be settling on some surfaces .

Posted
7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Radar showing the cell is dying out over Midhurst...so still no snow of any description...

I'm literally like the eye of a hurricane looking at this radar, there is snow all around, showers all around and I still can't catch a damn break...So sick of this joke now.

Anyone else out there who has had nothing but snizzle...or am I all alone with that curse now?!

Nothing here in Deal either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Calling it a night now as I have to be up early, took this a few mins ago, hopefully it will keep going for a while yet

20190131_232937.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
13 minutes ago, Angel Wings said:

Snowing in galleywood , Chelmsford , altho very light at the moment , typical I live on one of those streets that the lights turn off at midnight ??‍♀️

Me too. Nothing here in Colchester...not expecting much...probably wake to a cm or so...been right on the edge of every decent model run. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

True, but at least you are not surrounded by radar returns for snow. I'm in the middle of a hole about 30 miles in diameter with showers that just decay every time they get close.

At least you were frankly never likely to get snow from todays forecast...pretty much all the models gave me at least something, and some were giving me 5-10cms, the worst had 1-2cms but...I'm not going to get even that.

You'll be really angry when that hole shrinks to 100 metres!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Thunderstorms, Wind

Starting to settle on roads here in north west kent. Radar looks very good. Anyone have any idea how much snow we could get in london?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Provided the heaviest stuff doesn't move from directly above me for the next 5 weeks, there's a pretty good chance I'll end up with a dusting! 

Higher ground perhaps more favoured than expected?

Posted

Not long until it stops here in Hawkinge looking at the radar. Also, dew point is barely below freezing any more so I would expect sleet rather than snow if the new channel blobs make it this far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
2 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Moderate fall of fat flakes now here near Croydon, but not settling readily yet ...

So much snow to the east all the way across to SW Holland and pretty heavy band coming into Sussex coast too by the looks of it

Surely that will pivot back to the Croydon area 

• Like 1

Posted

Still heavy snow here on the sweet spot mountain 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!
15 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Me too, but temp is rising. Back to 1 from 0.4 2 hours ago. Thicker cloud maybe.

Typically