Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted

Still snowing fairly hard here. A few centimetres on the ground.

Temp  -0.8C

Heathfield E Sussex

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Do you think it's the easterly wind that's going to blow this back across us to give heavy snow through the night, as per my forecast for Ashtead Surrey?! 

No idea I’m afraid! Haven’t a clue what’s going on frankly, just hoping the snow keeps on piling in! 

Posted

I know,I know stop looking at the apps! But it's amazed me how much this has changed throughout the last couple hours. I can't see this happening all night but stranger things have happened I guess?!

Screenshot_20190131-230021.png

Posted
1 minute ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Snow depth of 2.5cm here in Harrow

London looks like being sweet spot tonight

Early daze

East Kent looks like the place to be going by what’s coming on the radar! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Thank you so much. Can I ask another question??? Your one of my favourite posters in here. People are talking about this blob of snow stalling?? Has the blob pivoted like they said ? I’ve been trying to keep us so much but it’s so hard

You don’t need to be nice to me to get a reply! 

the animation I just looked at shows that low not really going anywhere so perhaps icon is right? I doubt any model is right. 

I think the snow will continue to edge north and move east to west in bands with plenty of patchiness ...at some point these bands will go no further north ....so if you’re lucky, they may stall over your area and you get more snow ........on the other hand, you become Kold! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Couple of cm’s now, precipitation seems to be back building over W London/Thames Valley, nice ?? 

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

It has been uncanny, that dry slot just won't go away will it. I bet even these showers die as they head our way, such as been our luck tonight.

Dreadful night...truly dreadful for this area!

Is it a kind of rain/snow shadow from the south downs?  I seem to remember something similar happened a few years ago.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

You can’t beat a good bit of back building and probably going to be the heaviest snow so far

6760EFC0-B006-41A7-8E5A-BC7714493EDD.thumb.jpeg.1541be811bcfd44b677d544d24bde8cb.jpeg

Edited by chionomaniac
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Snow setting in now here-

We have scraped into the zone-

BE14EED4-8B95-4056-9DCA-D17EBA522548.thumb.jpeg.ade20f490f775dd9a5e3b401963eedbc.jpeg

Hello mate we have seemed to be in the dry spot all night is this going to pivot back to south London @Steve Murr

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hope you enjoy the snow , thanks for Thursday regular contribution to the mod thread I really enjoy reading your posts .  Snow had picked up here again .

After the earlier covering, it all rather died out here with pavements and roads clear again. Hoping for some more to come otherwise I have to break the news to my son that there is no snow day tomorrow:/

• Like 1

Posted

From the various forecasts I have just watched it looks like the large amounts of precipitation out to the east of the estuary will be blown back west over the South East. This is why the Met Office have heavier snow forecast from midnight for North London.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Such a complex movement of weather, it makes it so difficult to understand what is going to happen, where. 

Actually, what I mean is, I want to prove to the other half that my prediction of disruptive snow was justified... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
11 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

Happy now bud?

Kind of...lol. I had made a faux pas in my reading of the MetO forecast (I forgot to clear the search). The forecast has been good but, tbh, delivery so far not quite as good as I was hoping for - even at the low end of expectations (i.e. 1cm and we have probably only got 1/4 of that.) but I am keeping everything crossed it improves overnight as the MetO have heavier snow for us from 11pm - 3am.

How's it been for you?

(@Fleet) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
1 hour ago, Delka said:

nobody along the south coastal areas of kent to report on all that incoming on the radar?

It’s stopped snowing in Brighton but that was fun whilst it lasted! Much heavier than I thought. It’s like a winter wonderland out there! ❄️

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

It has been uncanny, that dry slot just won't go away will it. I bet even these showers die as they head our way, such as been our luck tonight.

Dreadful night...truly dreadful for this area!

Did you not get anything from the first band of snow that moved north, there were almost no gaps in that ? I got about half a centimete

Posted
Just now, bluearmy said:

....so if you’re lucky, they may stall over your area and you get more snow ........on the other hand, you become Kold! 

I will gladly welcome anyone to the land of the screw zone. As newly made President (I've put myself in that position, because I want to!) it is my pleasure to welcome to the land of green grass, and not having to attempt to wipe the snow from your car in the morning. It maybe cold, but at least you'll be dry here!

Posted

Essex looks like it's gonna come into the firing line soon, pivoting off the north sea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
Just now, kold weather said:

I will gladly welcome anyone to the land of the screw zone. As newly made President (I've put myself in that position, because I want to!) it is my pleasure to welcome to the land of green grass, and not having to attempt to wipe the snow from your car in the morning. It maybe cold, but at least you'll be dry here!

You were going to bed half an hour ago!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
1 minute ago, chionomaniac said:

You can’t beat a good bit of back building

6760EFC0-B006-41A7-8E5A-BC7714493EDD.thumb.jpeg.1541be811bcfd44b677d544d24bde8cb.jpeg

Ahh yes ye-ole back building...

Shes RIPE!!!.

Some real notables by dawn..

• Like 1

Posted

It's  been a long old snow watch night for some of us, with just floating flakes blowing around but at long last I'm into the main snow band. Snowing heavy now yeeeaaaa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I've never seen such unpredictable local changes every 5 minutes on the radar. Keeps it interesting. Certainly pepping up over London right now...

• Like 4