Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Snowing heavily in Tunbridge Wells..... looks like we were lucky this time, but please everyone, try to be happy for others - we've all been in a situation where we were promised something and didn't get it,.... your turn will come!

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

There’s literally no flakes

The back end will give something, but probably no more than a dusting I'd have thought...

The only slim chance of more for you guys would be for the stall to occur when the back end is over top of you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
Just now, kold weather said:

The back end will give something, but probably no more than a dusting I'd have thought...

The only slim chance of more for you guys would be for the stall to occur when the back end is over top of you.

This sounds literally unlikely to happen

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Ha we can be screw zone brothers!! and look jealously at everyone around us getting snow!

I was sure you were in the hot spot earlier today... Wouldn't give up yet, radar is absolutely hopeless with the main band, still snowing heavily here, maybe it will get to you? 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, kold weather said:

There isn't going to be much more than we already have. If its not doing the job now, its not going to do it full stop. Sorry mate, I did warn people that I was in the screw zone...and by extension you are as well.

Remember, 1cm and I take a trip in my birthday suit into the streets!

*Prays to the weather gods*

Headline news in Liphook Observer next week "Man dances naked through streets of Liphook in Birthday Suit"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I don't think I could have asked for anything better tonight (within realistic expectations). This is bloomin brilliant. I really, really hope it doesn't rain later on...

The grass is almost invisible now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Southend Peeps

Check out the Dewpoints on XC Weather - Diving down to -3c 

Woohoo

Thanks for the info mate, sounds more promising for us then it did earlier today, fingers crossed 

Posted

Snow blowing around in the wind but it is settling on the grass. From the radar it looks like it's still moving north toward Watford, St Albans etc.

• Like 1

Posted

Now, I'm just taking a punt here, so anyone knowledgeable please correct me, but to me, its looking like this could turn into a half decent event for a large part of east anglia (assuming it doesnt all die off before it gets there)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got dome really heavy snow falling now. Haven't checked to see if it's bothered landing though lol, gonna look now.

Posted
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Just difficult when you are in a zone where everyone around you has had snow and you've had literally nothing with no sign of anything changing either.

I can wait till the morning and be sad then!

Outisde.thumb.jpeg.d18c0707379cf0c3c5c20f1efc98c708.jpeg

Have  you looked outside recently. This app shows what it is currently doing, not forecast. Its the weather pro app.. you might be in luck now.  A little light snow flurry is what most of us are enjoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

In Summer when I want plenty of clear sky to get a good tan I don't get it, yet now when I want snow filled clouds I have plenty of clear sky around me!!!!!

Posted
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

This sounds literally unlikely to happen

Not impossible though, the backend has slowed a little and as long as the low keeps going eastwards, the front should stop pivoting up and flatten out like it has further west...you just need to hope that you are not past the backedge when that happens.

I'm going to be JUST past the front when that happens looking at further west and where the front is there.

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Ha we can be screw zone brothers!! and look jealously at everyone around us getting snow!

Ha.. can I join this club. Except I'm a sister. I just picture the radar returns like something out of the sci-fi series "Under the dome"

3 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Snowing heavily in Tunbridge Wells..... looks like we were lucky this time, but please everyone, try to be happy for others - we've all been in a situation where we were promised something and didn't get it,.... your turn will come!

Yes cmon ... A few miles to go...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

I left south east London for Whitstable an hour ago. Nothing in SE12 , anothing down the M2 and nothing in Whitstable as yet.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

So far

2EFF78EC-83FC-4F3A-91DF-13C2AF57D333.thumb.png.04c2c8a34c034b1720089f470f36fb07.png

774AF0B3-A2C6-4E95-B83E-85E618F0BB90.thumb.png.1dc694e3a5e948e97b1effaacfb880b9.png

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

In Summer when I want plenty of clear sky to get a good tan I don't get it, yet now when I want snow filled clouds I have plenty of clear sky around me!!!!!

You man be in luck its just started I'm Maidstone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

radar showing me under it...but nothing falling - Hatfield