Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

except for thanet again 

people claim they live under a snow shield, they should try thanet, im the other side of sandwich and can be snowed in and you get nothing

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Well if it rains here at 0.2c Temp and -1.1c Dewpoint then I am giving up Meteorology 

looking at models dew points are due to be around 2c at midnight and temps about 3c and i think upper air temp due to rise later too for us on the coast

Posted
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Whats is crazy is the Euro4 has well over 12hrs of snow for quite a few of us. Even with just light snow your looking at 4-5 inches with that kind of snow event. Obviously more if it held any sort of intensity.

Hoping we manage to get even more than that ....

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Daniel Smith said:

Guys.. relax.

This isn't a marginal situation. Away from perhaps the extreme S coast anything falling from the sky will be 100% snow

I cant relax, here in Hooe we are extreme south coast! Best chance for ages (got nothing from the beast) either too Far East/west/south/north....delete as appropriate. I suspect I will wake up having had it all washed away and wonder what the fuss with the trains to London is about! 

So hope not......if Cornwall get snowed in and we don’t...so help me I’m moving.......

• Like 1

Posted

Interestingly the Met Office forecast for around here on their website suggests around 9 hours of snow. On their updated website, it suggests up to 24 hours of snow. 

Posted
Just now, essex coast matt said:

looking at models dew points are due to be around 2c at midnight and temps about 3c and i think upper air temp due to rise later too for us on the coast

Ah ok not looked at that must admit, if thats correct then yes it will be rain. 

So why did people say for the last few days this will be pure snow all the way. Very strange the way its changed

Posted

Lots of cloud here and very light and small flakes here, maybe someone is scratching there head ?

Maidstone kent

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, finny said:

people claim they live under a snow shield, they should try thanet, im the other side of sandwich and can be snowed in and you get nothing

yes I dont know why it is ,but we seem to need a separate forecast to the rest of the south east, winter or summer !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

recently moved to north London for uni which should hopefully be more favourable for snow than on the sussex coast!

what uni are you at

Posted
10 minutes ago, Buzzit said:

I used to do a lot of work in Maclean Virginia (just outside Washington DC) When it snowed there it was epic ! I have just been out for a walk around Chiswick (west london) and the air felt icy cold so perfect for snow

My head office where I have to visit every few months is in LaCrosse Wisconsin currently -24C just before mid-day.  Remarkably that's a warm-up for them.  A lot of the time you just can't be outside as it's too cold.  Issues with frostbite on exposed skin and cold air affecting the lungs.  Mississippi freezes and people drive on it and go ice fishing.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Take with suitable pinches of salt

0CBD977C-C212-4A8C-A167-3BAF32F91B95.thumb.jpeg.bf5e030d45dd94c414a2c9d30f6c0444.jpeg

Dp’s look marginal the further se you are so take that into account 

Yeah it does get marginal later on, the Euro4 looks good as well.

IF there is enough intensity in the front left then I think it will keep snowing, its when the front eases a little. Will also struggle I suspect once we get into the afternoon tomorrow. However IF that is anywhere near close then its going to be more notable than previously expected.

Would easily be enough for an amber upgrade here. I expect one soon based on this and Euro4, plus the obvious strength still being displayed on radar with the front and the fact its not even hinting at weakening yet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

It's been really cold today,  only managed to get up to 1c. Dew point has been sitting below freezing too.  Waiting patiently for later. 

Wow if only lol 

Screenshot_2019-01-31-18-07-33-702.jpeg

Posted
2 minutes ago, finny said:

Agreed, too many times has snow been forecast, but Thanet stays green. No elevation plus surrounded by water doesn't help☹️

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

6am dewpoints tomorrow

34EDF4EE-4517-434D-A7DC-5E52DB38198D.thumb.png.9b78a6d76cb56cfc35260f9f44f36d23.png

Well that looks a lot better than 2c Lol

Not many people live on a boat off the Estuary so happy with that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Left work early to get home before the main event. A few snow grains in the air already. Temp 1°. Was below freezing in some spots on my drive home

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Just heading off on a second date to Ashford!! It’s gonna be hard not to sneak a peek at the thread lol. 

Hope we get home ok. Me Tenterden, she Teynham way. 

Enjoy peeps

• Like 1