Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

And heartbreak for parts of Kent and Essex looks like rain now after all that snowy promise for my area 

Don't worry It won't fall as rain if it carries on tracking the way it is now and pivots over Kent and London if anything that would bring a little more snow 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring
1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

On one of the posts just now latest Euro4 showed blue around the Thames estuary and coasts and even outskirts of East London was good for elsewhere though

Ok thanks ??

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alpine glow said:

I think apps overall are pish. Phone apps 

Yes. Don't know why I bother really considering I spend so long looking at charts! I have a better idea of what the weather will be than a phone app. Radar apps are a godsend in the other hand...

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Jackpot

B6AE104D-23E5-4A82-9900-A7D5F19EFD40.thumb.png.44c411f08833e134da897bb09fd3834e.png

❄️❄️

Interestingly the front restrengthens this run again in the morning, and looking at it would suggest possibly a streamer type thing happening helping to pep up the frontal zone?

The angle would seem to suggest that!

5-10cms here by 9am tomorrow. I'd gladly take that right now!

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted

Tonight will be fun across most of the region. It really feels like it does an hour or so before a snow storm in the US hits... especially in Jersey near the coast. Can't beat this feeling. It's -1 here currently and quite windy. Bitter! Very rare to get this feeling in our neck of the woods. Should be chaos for rush hour but then a rapid melt. But that's not going to take away from the enjoyment tonight

Edited by seb
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, seb said:

Tonight will be fun across most of the region. It really feels like it does an hour so before a snow storm in the US hits... especially in in Jersey near the coast. Can't beat this feeling. It's -1 here currently and quite windy. Bitter! Very rare to get this feeling in our neck of the woods. 

Indeed. I used to love walking around New York when a nor'easter was incoming. Wind is picking up nicely, temp 1.6 dp -2.

Three Mile Cross...

Edited by WhiteFox
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Interestingly the front restrengthens this run again in the morning, and looking at it would suggest possibly a streamer type thing happening helping to pep up the frontal zone?

The angle would seem to suggest that!

Looks that way with the wind turning towards an easterly type of vector hopefully this will help areas to the East of London join in the fun❄. Interesting how my friend sent me pics of lying snow earlier in Cornwall by the sea yet radar showed rain there- another promising sign

• Like 2

Posted

What am I missing that the red box ppn is a amber warning but the blue box isn't? Looks bigger and heavier. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 17.47.42.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
6 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Yes. Don't know why I bother really considering I spend so long looking at charts! I have a better idea of what the weather will be than a phone app. Radar apps are a godsend in the other hand...

Yes, I’ve seen your posts in the Model threads.

I love the uncertainty. The build up to what? ... nobody really knows yet for sure!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, onepingonly said:

What am I missing that the red box ppn is a amber warning but the blue box isn't? Looks bigger and heavier. 

Possibly the timing is crucial. The Red box is during the evening drive home, the blue box is mainly rain at that point. 

Posted
1 minute ago, onepingonly said:

Outside evening rush hour and no confidence yet whether it will be washed away by early rain in time for the morning rush hour?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I don’t understand why the radar says it should be snowing or at least some kind precipitation but there’s nothing... is the radar wrong? 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Southender said:

Not happening mate. If the Ppn arrives, it WILL be snow for the majority, don't worry about that. Ignore the charts showing rain on Kent/Essex coast. Total trash.

I was just thinking the same. It was 0c and -2dp half an hour ago in southend, so unless it rapidly warms (and knowing our luck it could haha) then we should be good for at least some snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Oh look it's raining here on the Isle of Wight. Unless the models show raging easterlies I never believe these met warnings here.

Posted
2 minutes ago, onepingonly said:

Blue box is mostly at sea! I'm sure the shipping forecast has it covered ...

Posted
3 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Indeed. I used to love walking around New York when a nor'easter was incoming. Wind is picking up nicely, temp 1.6 dp -2.

I've always wanted to experience that. I know someone who lives just a short way away from Boston. Needless to say he has seen in one winter more snow than I have seen in my life I suspect!

Though funnily enough. not been that snowy out there I've been told, very cold, but not snowy.

Anyway front now moving into Portsmouth region, should start to hear snow reports very soon!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm calling rain for the Tendring Peninsula in Essex.  Unlike the Southend area, the system moves slowly over a greater expanse of mild sea (7oC at the moment). 

I think we're in a better place for a streamer tomorrow though. 

• Like 1