Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Nothing to do with the front unfortunately, only a few well placed showers. Front looks bang on where it should be.

Yes but then look below that on the border ( the front), that's more North and earlier, surely?

I like the fact that it's driving snow showers ahead of it, that gives hope to many more in this thread.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
4 minutes ago, Hammer said:

If ICON has nailed this then kudos to it. I can't think METO will be to pleased with the performance of their model it originally had a warning up to Darlington, reduced it back south but only by about 100 miles and now a distinct possibility of no snow further than southern counties below M25 if of course ICO  is correct.

Interesting viewing later.

The yellow warning is really there to catch the possibilities of snow at a longer range; you can tell by the level of certainty they apply. Once they get closer to the event and certainty increases they will remove yellow warnings from some areas and place amber warnings over smaller areas where likelihood is higher. 

Anyway, beautiful sunrise over the River Loddon this morning near Shinfield. Managed to get a quick snap from the car whilst sitting in traffic. Bit of mist over the fields.

IMG_20190131_075838.jpg

Edited by WhiteFox
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Belfast has snow currently, that would be slightly further North than was expected and earlier...

How much further north would this put the front?

Posted

Well, I'm clueless as to whether I will or will not get snow, how much , when it will arrive etc. I'm just glad we have a CHANCE of some flakes It's actually got to that point. 

When is the best time to start keeping an eye out for NE Surrey?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, Mark said:

Is Hastings about to get a bonus morning dusting?

I'll let you know in about 45 minutes. I'm two stone's throws away from the sea I'd say. So light on the radar and as often the case nothing actually falls.

Posted
1 minute ago, WhiteFox said:

The yellow warning is really there to catch the possibilities of snow at a longer range; you can tell by the level of certainty they apply. Once they get closer to the event and certainty increases they will remove yellow warnings from some areas and place amber warnings over smaller areas where likelihood is higher. 

Anyway, beautiful sunrise over the River London this morning near Shinfield. Managed to get a quick snap from the car whilst sitting in traffic. Bit of mist over the fields.

IMG_20190131_075838.jpg

Maybe but ICON never had this going as far up to Darlington in the first place even many days ago. 

We should expect better performance from METO noting investment. 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
9 minutes ago, saint said:

Fergie mentioning the risk of that circulation... Will be interesting to see if it materialises! 

A6B5E4F5-7337-4427-A810-2C6DAACD42C3.png

Probably talking about the small low in the Channel showing on UKMO high res 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Just now, Daenerys said:

Well, I'm clueless as to whether I will or will not get snow, how much , when it will arrive etc. I'm just glad we have a CHANCE of some flakes It's actually got to that point. 

Approx 7-9pm

• Thanks 1

Posted

Not often you can say it's -4c at almost 10am right on the coast of norfolk! feeling bitter with a frost and thick fog

hoping it stays much like this throughout the day as it's beautiful!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

What a beautiful morning.  Busy getting all my work done so I can concentrate being on here later as well as checking the radar, temperature, dew point etc!

Have a good day. x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Delka said:

Not often you can say it's -4c at almost 10am right on the coast of norfolk! feeling bitter with a frost and thick fog

hoping it stays much like this throughout the day as it's beautiful!

It's a lovely morning, Delka...Reminds of 1963, when all the spiderwebs were festooned with inch-thick hoarfrost.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

My son is at Nescot College and hoping for a snow day tomorrow! We are in Surbiton and it all looks so marginal on one or two of the models that we could be snowless in Surbiton while Epsom is Snowmaggedon! Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Posted

As that tweet that Nick has put up shows, there is certainly the risk of small waves/low pressure systems forming within the broadly cyclonic flow. If these do occur it will bump up snowfall totals, especially closer to the coast you go.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
8 minutes ago, Blake Allen said:

I'll let you know in about 45 minutes. I'm two stone's throws away from the sea I'd say. So light on the radar and as often the case nothing actually falls.

Definitely something falling out of the sky off the coast (live webcam still)

It's nothing really, in the grand scheme of today, but nice to look out for

Capture2.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Hope you weren’t using your phone whilst driving when you took that shot. Slapped wrists if yes. 

Ha ha! Was sitting in traffic. Although the car in front pulled away and I hadn't noticed so the car behind was getting impatient. Desnt he know there are more important things in life?

Posted
13 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Maybe but ICON never had this going as far up to Darlington in the first place even many days ago. 

We should expect better performance from METO noting investment. 

We have no idea what ensembles were showing on met office or ICON so it's difficult to know really.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Unable to change my work pattern,

My route from 2100 tonight takes me out of SE London,around the M25,down the M23 to Brighton!

Could be interesting in a Vauxhall Corsa.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
1 minute ago, sunnijim said:

Unable to change my work pattern,

My route from 2100 tonight takes me out of SE London,around the M25,down the M23 to Brighton!

Could be interesting in a Vauxhall Corsa.

A Vauxhall Corsa is the carriage of the masses. You will be fine.

Posted

What a morning! -7 reported in this area and it is definitely the coldest morning of the winter season 2018/19 so far for this part of the world. 

Quite a few in the East Anglian region asking about the northerly extent - me included! The models are all really poor with this - one shows it staying South of London others push it up to the likes of Kings Lynn. My gut feel is the bulk will stay South and we'll get some flurries further North which will hopefully contribute to a dusting. Difficult to say presently if it will be anything more than that... definitely one to watch. Interesting times! 

• Like 1