Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Still getting moderate snow, sticking on all surfaces now and temp down to 0.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

According to radar the band is back building in intensity, still not heavy or persistent enough here to settle though at 2c, ground is also very damp too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

apparently, Thursday's will not start as rain and will remain as snow apart from on the coast

That's what the MO app is telling me for home, and I've banked it! 

Posted

Now properly snowing here in Ipswich, taken a while with temp and dew still dropping! 

Edited by Nimbusman

Posted
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Crazy south change on the GFSp, indeed verbatim this is more of a SOUTH of m4 event on the GFSp 18z.

My gut tells me this may have gone a little too far south this time, especially given the other models aren't quite as far south...yet!

Watch it end up in the channel 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Essex Easterly. said:

According to radar the band is back building in intensity, still not heavy or persistent enough here to settle though at 2c, ground is also very damp too

Definitely looking like it's pepping up over west essex. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, James Oliver said:

Still naff all in east Kent 

Are you still Dover way? It’s about 3c down at town level but 1c up on the hills so it’s been snowing for a while. Need it to drop a bit further for it to lay though.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark Bayley said:

Watch it end up in the channel 

That would be more or less ridiculous shift!

To be honest I think we have seen the end of thr southerly shifts, I can't see any more reasons to shift it southwards, especially now the models have keyed into the elongation of the front, and I think GFSp may have gone to the extreme on this run (it looks like some of the southerly solutions from the ECM ensembles. I suspect there maybe a slight shift back north, but we will see! I'd rather be to the north of the front than the south for obvious reasons! Also verbatim, but the I'd be more or less in the sweet spot IF the GFSp is correct.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Rain just turned to snow here on the Isle of Sheppey north kent right on the coast didn't think it was coming 

Posted
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Are you still Dover way? It’s about 3c down at town level but 1c up on the hills so it’s been snowing for a while. Need it to drop a bit further for it to lay though.

No Im Folkestone now. Currently recording 1.9c in the garden

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Left work 10.15 in basildon good covering on cars drive home to canvey it's seemed to be thicker falling from sky but cars had less coverage. Been home half hour now and my car not covered as much as it did in 10 mins in basildon- sea air? 0 degrees on the car dash.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, kold weather said:

That would be more or less ridiculous shift!

To be honest I think we have seen the end of thr southerly shifts, I can't see any more reasons to shift it southwards, especially now the models have keyed into the elongation of the front, and I think GFSp may have gone to the extreme on this run (it looks like some of the southerly solutions from the ECM ensembles. I suspect there maybe a slight shift back north, but we will see! I'd rather be to the north of the front than the south for obvious reasons! Also verbatim, but the I'd be more or less in the sweet spot IF the GFSp is correct.

Agreed. Fascinating model watching though 

Posted

18z Euro4 giving good snowfalls for Hampshire and into Sussex at 48hrs, system should continue to move ENE from this point thanks to the secondary depression in the channel. Could be a very snowy run south of that M4 (not often you get to say that, so I'll take it for now, but no more corrections please!)

This update does give credence to the idea that the worst may end up south of M4.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 5