Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted

Raining here in Clacton with.... Maybe.... just occasional signs of sleetiness. Doubt we'll get any laying snow here tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

View of the velux

IMG_20190129_224445.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Yh not too bothered about tonight, most of it would have been gone by 10am anyways. 

Its still 80/20 in favour of rain here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
Just now, fujita5 said:

Raining here in Clacton with.... Maybe.... just occasional signs of sleetiness. Doubt we'll get any laying snow here tonight.

Keep the faith,I went from rain to snow,quick as a flash,and I have a covering already

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

I think until the event is over and we look at what has caused this wedge of land to not see anything but heavy rain versus snow we just cant say. Could be a number of things, onshore flow, rate of precip, dont know at this stage

Over for all se or just for your neck of woods. 

Posted

Actually scrap that all proper snow now, not heavy but looks nice in the Lamp Post across the street

• Like 3

Posted

ARPEGE and ICON both hint at more marginality close to the coast than was forecasted earlier today, though both ultimately still turn it to snow. Could do with both of those just being a couple of hours later IMBY, but both are good runs, though ICON has more snow.

Now the GFS has finally fallen inline, the 18z WRF now also showing a decent snow event down here as well.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowrye said:

Keep the faith,I went from rain to snow,quick as a flash,and I have a covering already

We've gone from rain to drizzle and everything is soaked.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Must be using the male measurement scale..

Kents excluded ... maybe we do need to split. Its so confusing as to who is where with snow it covers such a large area and densely populated as well. Even with desktop site its hard to keep any track of locations.

Posted
1 minute ago, Sarah Anne said:

Over for all se or just for your neck of woods. 

Was just finding it interessting that when the Cold Undercut occured there was a narrow strip of Dewpoints that stayed around 1-2c from Mid Kent through SE Essex and up into Suffolk and Norfolk probably brought about by the SE Onshore flow which kept it as rain longer in those areas. The map that was shon earlier shoed it brilliantly - Dont know where your neck of the woods is as you dont have a location on your profile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

ARPEGE and ICON both hint at more marginality close to the coast than was forecasted earlier today, though both ultimately still turn it to snow. Could do with both of those just being a couple of hours later IMBY, but both are good runs, though ICON has more snow.

Now the GFS has finally fallen inline, the 18z WRF now also showing a decent snow event down here as well.

Kold, do you think the Beeb are undercooking the snow depths for our area. Just had me down for 2-5cm ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Really poor showing over our area - haven’t seen any flakes for about 2hrs now.

This was never anything to get particularly excited about since all the downgrades yesterday morning. Don’t even reckon much for Thursday - if it isn’t gonna settle and hang about for at least 24hrs or so then I’m not really too interested - may as well stay mild to help out the wildlife ?‍♂️ 

Posted
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Was just finding it interessting that when the Cold Undercut occured there was a narrow strip of Dewpoints that stayed around 1-2c from Mid Kent through SE Essex and up into Suffolk and Norfolk probably brought about by the SE Onshore flow which kept it as rain longer in those areas. The map that was shon earlier shoed it brilliantly - Dont know where your neck of the woods is as you dont have a location on your profile

Sorry im ashford ... will update.

Its just ive been waiting but your post suggessted it was all gone everywhere . So was thinking i may as well switch radar off if youre saying that with your experience x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 minute ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Down to 0.9c and very wet.

should I hold out and see if it sticks or give up and move on?

You never know but it sounds like we’re in the same boat. It’s raining here but someone up the road about 3 miles away is getting snow, I’m pleased for them @snowrye but it’s still a bit frustrating 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Interestingly the GFS P fails to progress the front past the southern midlands, with a longer period of snow for us. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Sarah Anne said:

Sorry im ashford ... will update.

Its just ive been waiting but your post suggessted it was all gone everywhere . So was thinking i may as well switch radar off if youre saying that with your experience x

Thanks for putting in your location, just to confirm was not talking about the radar earlier sorry for the confusion Sarah. Crossed wires I think

Thursday looks a lot better for all the region as much less marginal unless you are within 5-10 miles of the Coast. And it should be more solidly 2-5cm across the board.

• Thanks 1

Posted

still have the pitter patter of rain here Westcliff, but the temp is now down to 2.0 degrees...

FC

Posted

Interesting night of weather watching and hearing about others getting snow. Never expected ought in London. 

For those like me that got SFA, there is still plenty of winter left. And this is pretty much the way the Met have been forecasting these situations for a while now in their medium range....before the main event(s) in February. 

Good times ahead folks.  

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Sussex Snowman said:

Another gooner here going to the game tonight. Hoping that Arsenal can do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in north London

Turns out they could, just about. The snow was the highlight of the game tbh.

Edited by Sussex Snowman

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Bayley said:

Interestingly the GFS P fails to progress the front past the southern midlands, with a longer period of snow for us. 

Crazy south change on the GFSp, indeed verbatim this is more of a SOUTH of m4 event on the GFSp 18z.

My gut tells me this may have gone a little too far south this time, especially given the other models aren't quite as far south...yet!

Posted
5 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

You never know but it sounds like we’re in the same boat. It’s raining here but someone up the road about 3 miles away is getting snow, I’m pleased for them @snowrye but it’s still a bit frustrating 

We have changed over to snow and down to 0.8c, but it is very, very wet. Just going to wait and see what happens over the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms

Just drove from Southend to hockley slowly turning from rain to snow 20 mins indoors and the cars have a covering now 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Actually scrap that all proper snow now, not heavy but looks nice in the Lamp Post across the street

Really surprised your not doing better Paul over in leigh, I live near Southchurch Park and it is always at least a degree warmer when I leave for work in the morning before I get to belfairs area of leigh. Fine lines tonight but Thursday definitely looks more promising.