Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
4 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

Even if this one doesn't go to well we already got a yellow warning for Thursday so don't get too disappointed

hey IPedictASnowStorm, I predict a riot, watching the people get lairy, its not very pretty I tell thee... in the serious thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
Just now, DonnaThw said:

Met office just about to start their snow and ice broadcast on Twitter 

Can u send me link please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
1 minute ago, abruzzi spur said:

You have piste? Is that left over from last year?

He will have the bar open from 5pm and be on the Piste till after midnight 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I'm going to look really odd walking about later with a canoe and paddle in one hand and a sledge in the other....I just like to be prepared for everything

Most likely canoe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Anybody know how often the dam lines on meteocentre update? I thought they updated in time with pressure, but the lines are still the same since I posted at 6am?!

Posted
1 hour ago, kold weather said:

I wonder whether or not the fact NE France is having a decent snowfall today is going to help us out by helping to lower the boundary level temperatures. May explain why the 850hpa temps aren't that low yet models still suggesting snow in what would otherwise look too marginal for snow.

Of course that will all mean nothing if the wind shifts S/SW as per the GFS OP, in that case we are going to drag much milder air and we can kiss any snow goodbye away from maybe the far north of the region.

Oh would. North be herne bay 

Posted
4 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

I'm not expecting anything other than a bit of sleetiness, although right at the top of the North Downs at 230m it might be a different story, at least for a while.  

Yeah its the type of set-up where the downs may well benefit from the added height and do ok with settling snow. I may well shoot along later to a local 'peak' and see what happens, could well make the difference.

I remember several times driving through Reigate and then taking diversions and the difference in snowfalls was sometimes quite stark!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
5 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

I LOVE Rye. I feel for all southeasterners

Thank you, I feel for us to it always starts off amazing weeks, days out then it’s  just sludge on arrival

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Yeah its the type of set-up where the downs may well benefit from the added height and do ok with settling snow. I may well shoot along later to a local 'peak' and see what happens, could well make the difference.

I remember several times driving through Reigate and then taking diversions and the difference in snowfalls was sometimes quite stark!

Yes Kold, the High Street isn't actually that high at about 70m but the top of Reigate Hill and Colley Hill is about 230m.  Certainly can make quite a difference in marginal situations.  Leith Hill is the highest around here which, if you include the tower, takes you just over 1000ft.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
6 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Can u send me link please 

I was just trying to watch it, it cut out and told ken the broadcast was no longer available 

Posted
4 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I was just trying to watch it, it cut out and told ken the broadcast was no longer available 

Didn't miss much to be honest.

Posted

Going off that live forecast it looks like the Met Office are expecting the transition to snow around nightfall and the front pushing through by midnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
15 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Here in Reigate in the Surrey Hills the temperature has risen steadily after an overnight low of -3.4c and it's currently 5.4c with the dewpoint at 2.3c.  Those readings, clearly not conducive to snow, come from a very reliable pro-standard weather station at Reigate Grammar at c.95m asl, slightly lower than where I am at 110m.  I'm not expecting anything other than a bit of sleetiness, although right at the top of the North Downs at 230m it might be a different story, at least for a while.  

Thursday has, to use some popular NW terminology, potentially more potential......

Temperature should be peaking about now you’ll probably notice quite a steep fall to around 1° over the next 3 to 4 hours

(source: google weather )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

The feature's moving quite quickly according to Met Office guys live on Twitter just now, but they were keen to point out cold air is also tucking in quite quickly behind & graphics seemed to show it slowing down a bit as it turned to snow for us from like 7 ish to around midnight 1 ish. Looked quite promising so fingers crossed!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

Even if this one doesn't go to well we already got a yellow warning for Thursday so don't get too disappointed

We had a yellow warning issued Sunday for today.....!

Posted
9 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Thank you, I feel for us to it always starts off amazing weeks, days out then it’s  just sludge on arrival

Let's stay in touch tonight 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Raining in Brighton ,at work so not sure of the temp .Will check back in this evening once I’m home .Good luck guys 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

The feature's moving quite quickly according to Met Office guys live on Twitter just now, but they were keen to point out cold air is also tucking in quite quickly behind & graphics seemed to show it slowing down a bit as it turned to snow for us from like 7 ish to around midnight 1 ish. Looked quite promising so fingers crossed!!

So 6 or 7 hours of snow, potentially for us in East Anglia.

• Thanks 1

Posted

How nice of those rogue rain showers ahead of the front to come across Sussex and Kent and wet the ground even more before the main event lol 

Edit: though the main event is gonna start out wet anyway so not sure what I’m getting at

Edited by CanadianCoops