Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
5 minutes ago, LimoPreacherman said:

but but but... I was always told if I believed hard enough absolutely anything was possible

C'mon own up...you've been hanging around in the MOD thread too much? believe me 'anything is possible' if you look at that many charts and ensembles thrown up in there. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

if it snows i'll blame thank you. I wouldn't be surprised if Thursday is a bust too, really have to wait for an easterly to get rid of this marginally BS

You could do well up there... it's us poor folk on the coast who will get all the cold rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Good fax charts... As posted above

Seems they still have the front over us right up to midnight... (Tuesday/Wednesday)

1159695745_fax1.thumb.gif.dfd1a020d0dd8059d58f408863514e18.gif

Thats the old fax chart I'm afraid, this is the new one for 00z Wednesday, not quite so good. I was hoping that the front would slow down over us but its moving through pretty quickly. It does seem to become slow moving though just to our east.

fax36s.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Met has started to downgrade, for Medway anyway. My double snowflakes have gone and sleet has increased. 

2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

C'mon own up...you've been hanging around in the MOD thread too much? believe me 'anything is possible' if you look at that many charts and ensembles thrown up in there. 

I must confess I have indeed been spending time in the MOD thread. I do think there's a slim chance for my region and as many have stated already its all extremely uncertain - even now. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Biensie said:

Met has started to downgrade, for Medway anyway. My double snowflakes have gone and sleet has increased. 

Borrowed from jo farrow on the model thread, it says it all.. will be a nowcast event for sure.

6DE99D55-8DB8-4254-83B3-DA1F7FEC5767.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Thought I had stumbled into the Mod thread, very negative in here !! Come on guys snow on the way Tuesday & Thursday and then possibly at the weekend. The hunt for cold is over. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, shotski said:

Thought I had stumbled into the Mod thread, very negative in here !! Come on guys snow on the way Tuesday & Thursday and then possibly at the weekend. The hunt for cold is over. 

first week of feb looks like the proper stuff

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Why does this thread cover such a wide geographical area?

Ah the same question we have had for the past 15 years.

We tried a 3 counties and a Norfplk/Suffolk Group before but then those regionals went dead and everyone went back in with the SE & East Anglia around 9 years ago so there you have it. If you want to frequent the East Midlands, Lincs threads then by all means be my guest

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, shotski said:

I agree , whatever happened to glass half full ? , I’m remaining positive , seems like everyone is looking for the negative before it’s even started . I will most definitely be lamppost watching from tomorrow night , well until midnite anyways as I’m one of those places where they switch the dam streetlights off at midnite , but just means I got to leave my porch light on all night

cone on guys and gals chin up , it’s cold ?, we have a chance at some snow anytime over the next few days think positive ❄️☃️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

gah never enter the mod thread without your tin draws on. 

Hoorah for Netweather app saying I could get a snow shower tonight. :clapping:LOL

All my snow if it happens is much later in the evening. It's no good. I need my beauty sleep. All 10 hours of it.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Why does this thread cover such a wide geographical area?

I think they sometimes split it. In to EA and then London and SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Rapidly turning into a complete farce im afraid,the difference in a couple of days is unbelievable 

Posted
26 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

This could be the grand total collected from tomorrows nights event by the sound of it...

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow an upgrade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
Just now, Hammer said:

Think this does work better - somebody in Norwich is going to get very different weather to someone in Brighton.

Think East Mids & EA would be better and then London & SE.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
3 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Yes it was split up. I think it was last winter when we had the beast. or it could of been when we had all the sun.

However coming from the south coast I like the fact i can see what my old town is getting.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 minute ago, snowrye said:

Rapidly turning into a complete farce im afraid,the difference in a couple of days is unbelievable 

The difference is only a 100 miles or so - tiny on a hemispheric scale but significant on a local one. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Ah the same question we have had for the past 15 years.

We tried a 3 counties and a Norfplk/Suffolk Group before but then those regionals went dead and everyone went back in with the SE & East Anglia around 9 years ago so there you have it. If you want to frequent the East Midlands, Lincs threads then by all means be my guest

I've always really liked it this way, it can get extremely busy during extreme weather, but at the same time i don't have to look too much into the other regionals to see what reports are coming in my direction.

• Like 2