Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
2 minutes ago, mulzy said:

FWIW, 12z ECM is very interesting on Thursday evening for our region.  Heavy snowfall for many...

Yes,

Having "lost" tomorrow's feature, way to the South over France now, we could do with a similar slight correction South too, with Thursday's Low.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
3 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Yes,

Having "lost" tomorrow's feature, way to the South over France now, we could do with a similar slight correction South too, with Thursday's Low.

Regards,

So Tuesday is a complete bust for Kent now then? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, cobbett said:

could do with better uppers - further south you are 

Nah they are all good, as long as they don't go above -1C then your going to have snow, 12z ECM looks good on that front, may be more in the way of slushy wet snow closer to the coast as would be expected.

An eyeball amount for Thursday evening would be about 3-4 inches roughly, similar levels to Jan 2013!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Thursday is currently looking very interesting, more so than tomorrow imho

Yes we have two snow events this week to look forward to, tomorrow and Thursday. Fingers crossed we all end up with our fair share of the white stuff.:oldgood:

GFS 12z shows the likely distribution of snow, and there's the latest 12z fax chart for Thursday, looking pretty good. As I said the other day though, expect nothing or just a few flakes and you won't be disappointed if you miss out, and if you get a covering or a dumping it will be a brilliant surprise. 

33-574UK.gif

36-574UK.gif

75-574UK.gif

78-574UK.gif

fax84s.gif

• Like 4

Posted
29 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

So Tuesday is a complete bust for Kent now then? 

Having just seen the latest MeteoGroup Forecast with Ben Rich, even though tomorrow's Low looks like tracking down into France, there looks to be a trough atop of the Low, tracking S.E. down across the country with sleet and snow falling to ever increasing lower levels, as colder air digs down from the North. Ben Rich stated there could be a few cms, especially over high ground. With tomorrow's Low dropping further South than originally expected, it could be that Thursday's Low will drop a little further South, too. We have a bit more margin for error, on Thursday. A track a bit further South would also help with less mixing out of cold air, too.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Just seen the met office forecast,underwhelmed is probably the kindest word I can use,I do hope February delivers something decent,as it looks like the next few days are going to be cold and wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Lovely day here in locksbottom.chilly start but in glorious sunshine temperatures peaked at 5.8 although they have dropped like a stone this evening and as at 6.45 down to -0.2!!my take on tomorrow is after a sunny start in nw Kent clouds will roll in and by mid afternoon light rain will develop.the interesting bit is as cold air digs in behind the rain band we will see the rain turn to snow by early mid evening.Like any situation like this elevation will help so anyone over 100m will see higher depths of snow.Not like me to be optimistic wrt snow but I think many may wake up to some lovely white landscapes Wednesday morning....and then there is thursday

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
5 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Just seen the met office forecast,underwhelmed is probably the kindest word I can use,I do hope February delivers something decent,as it looks like the next few days are going to be cold and wet

I think tomorrow is now looking a bit iffy, the projections of a newsworthy snow event maybe a bit wide of the mark. Thursday may still hold some interest though.

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Having just seen the latest MeteoGroup Forecast with Ben Rich, even though tomorrow's Low looks like tracking down into France, there looks to be a trough atop of the Low, tracking S.E. down across the country with sleet and snow falling to ever increasing lower levels, as colder air digs down from the North. Ben Rich stated there could be a few cms, especially over high ground. With tomorrow's Low dropping further South than originally expected, it could be that Thursday's Low will drop a little further South. We have a bit more margin for error, on Thursday. A track a bit further South would also help with less mixing out of cold air, too.

Regards,

Tom. 

With these lows historically shifting more south than forecast I think Thursday some in the S.E. could get some good snow. Not sure which parts yet though as still up in the air the exact track - good news IMO 

• Like 2

Posted
58 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Nah they are all good, as long as they don't go above -1C then your going to have snow, 12z ECM looks good on that front, may be more in the way of slushy wet snow closer to the coast as would be expected.

An eyeball amount for Thursday evening would be about 3-4 inches roughly, similar levels to Jan 2013!

Hi Kold.  I'm on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border here in Ludgershall.  What's your current opinion on my area ref snow for Thursday evening?

Ta

Edited by Don

Posted
1 hour ago, snowray said:

Yes we have two snow events this week to look forward to, tomorrow and Thursday. Fingers crossed we all end up with our fair share of the white stuff.

75-574UK.gif

78-574UK.gif

Another 50-100 miles further south and you can guarantee no where in the south east will have bread or milk for sale, that’s if there any left after tomorrow’s event

Edit: this is my first post in the SE thread for a couple of years, this is a pic of the beast from the Scottish borders last winter, I hope we get to see similar In the snow starved south this winter.

87027BF6-FB1F-4438-8F66-73FFBA671927.png

Edited by Weather Wonder
Snow pics
  • Like 2

Posted

Have just seen the latest MeteoGroup Forecast for tomorrow, this time with Matt Taylor. He seemed far less bullish about our snow chances than Ben Rich, earlier. He was suggesting that tomorrow's event could just be for those locations, with some elevation. As has been suggested earlier, think it's going to come down to a case of now casting and radar watching!!

Regards,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

This could be the grand total collected from tomorrows nights event by the sound of it...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Buckinghamshire CC seem.to think its a go.

Screenshot_2019-01-28-19-37-17.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, LimoPreacherman said:

but but but... I was always told if I believed hard enough absolutely anything was possible

if it snows i'll blame thank you. I wouldn't be surprised if Thursday is a bust too, really have to wait for an easterly to get rid of this marginally BS

• Like 2