Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

latest Euro 4 shows a wintry mix and maybe an hour or two of heavier stuff to the east of London - so sticking with no settling snow for IMBY in low land N Surrey

Posted
2 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

latest Euro 4 shows a wintry mix and maybe an hour or two of heavier stuff to the east of London - so sticking with no settling snow for IMBY in low land N Surrey

The models seem to be a little all over the place with this it has to be said, some are jumping on and off the settling train all the time!

I'd suggest we may need to just take a wait and see approach, given the airmass is already colder than expected, that maybe something that could swing things in our favour down the line.

Models have categorically improved thurs far tonight for us on Thursday however, very similar look to what we had on 18th January 2013...

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
16 minutes ago, kold weather said:

The models seem to be a little all over the place with this it has to be said, some are jumping on and off the settling train all the time!

I'd suggest we may need to just take a wait and see approach, given the airmass is already colder than expected, that maybe something that could swing things in our favour down the line.

agreed but the latest output I referred to does temper my own expectations for tomorrow !!

Edited by Badgers01
typo

Posted
14 minutes ago, EWS said:

Just had an e-mail from Southeastern trains warning of possibly disruption on / from Thursday:

Advanced severe weather alert

Possible Winter Weather Timetable from Thursday

Hello,

We’re emailing to let you know in advance that due to forecast bad weather, we may need to run a Winter Weather Timetable from Thursday 31 January. 

We’ll confirm this at least 24 hours in advance of the change and will send you another email to let you know.

I was just about to post the same email!  Thank God I'm off work after tomorrow for the rest of the week

• Like 1

Posted

For the masses in Greater London, tomorrow is looking more and more like a damp squib.  It was always very marginal and a lot of the models are trending towards a wintry mix rather than snow event.  Elevation is going to be key - Croydon, Crystal Palace, Hampstead etc. may get settling snow.  Let’s see how things pan out but set expectations at ‘low’.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Okay but what about here in good ol' blighty!

My Mum lives near Heathrow lol

Posted

Greater Anglia posting an early warning for tomorrow night, source twitter

⚠❄Due to forecasts of snow overnight on Tuesday and in the early hours of Wednesday morning, we are advising customers to check before they travel as there may be some delays due to speed restrictions. Keep updated here: journeycheck.com/greateranglia/ ❄⚠

I love one of the replies:

Like last year when there was no snow and you ran no trains?

Edited by Vesuvius

Posted
19 minutes ago, masked_firefly said:

Looking forward to Thursday....

can anyone help me out, is Thursday a daytime or evening time event?.

its my son’s 8th birthday Thursday so wondering if I need to possible prepare myself for a non school day or if it will be ok until he’s home!. Haven’t broken it to him as yet that he may see snow on his birthday. 

Don’t tell him! You’ll jinx it all otherwise It’s my son’s 12th birthday next Monday and he’s so keen to get a snow day. I won’t confirm anything until it’s falling out of the sky

Posted
25 minutes ago, Delka said:

Sounds like they know more then we do about Thursday.. maybe tomorrow night really is just a taste of what's to come!

What do they know that we don’t ? We have been talking about 5cm + for Thursday for the last few days lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, yamkin said:

SNOW & ICE YELLOW WARNING ALERT FOR 29th to 30th January 2019

182003254_Snow_IceAlertFor29thTo30thJan2019.thumb.PNG.9f38af3db64c5babc9323c34fabc3018.PNG

Some in Scotland will be happy to be in that yellow Rhino Horn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
8 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

ECM 06z went for about 7cm for the SE thurs !

FWIW

Are you at Buckmore Park tomorrow Steve? Might just get yourself home in time .....you create a snow shield for me last Tuesday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Meto app

Now has my location here in central Bedfordshire for Heavy rain from heavy snow this time tomorrow. 

Fingers crossed Thursday produces something less marginal & a bit more substantial 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
7 minutes ago, mulzy said:

For the masses in Greater London, tomorrow is looking more and more like a damp squib.  It was always very marginal and a lot of the models are trending towards a wintry mix rather than snow event.  Elevation is going to be key - Croydon, Crystal Palace, Hampstead etc. may get settling snow.  Let’s see how things pan out but set expectations at ‘low’.

7 minutes ago, mulzy said:

Precisely why I feel this chart posted (4th attachment) in here earlier looked way out for a lot of places. Still it's good to have people such as Daniel in here to keep the interest going and I do value your thoughts highly. Let's hope it backtrack to less marginal conditions again. We do have the rest of the week for maybe less marginal falls aswell. Fingers crossed for all of our region! 

Lastly I took some pics first 2 in London showing that lovely blue sky and 3rd pic taken at sunset in Surrey a lovely orange glow on the trees.

20190128_134009.jpg

20190128_133724.jpg

20190128_161503.jpg

Screenshot_20190128-113238_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted
28 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Are we back on for snow ⛄️ ? 

It would seem so SQ

• Thanks 1

Posted

Temp just dropped below freezing here. Now -0.1C

Hoping I'm high enough for some of the white stuff this week. Hope the rest of you see some too.

• Like 1

Posted

FWIW, 12z ECM is very interesting on Thursday evening for our region.  Heavy snowfall for many...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1