Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Yes I must admit that the Meto text update doesn't sound as aggressive with disruptive snow.... it did always say "a chance of" but as seems to be the theme this winter, any chances just seem to fizzle to nothing. Guess we'll have to wait and see on the actual night.... and then we'll be knackering ourselves out to work out Thursday, lol!! Plodding onwards......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Do think it’s gonna be that snow that just settles on grass and roofs

reckon paths and roads should be ok

better than a kick in the proverbials

Posted

Good Morning, on my way to work it was daylight, as i approached Lowestoft it was pitch black as if it was nigh time again, then the heavens opened up , started as very sleety rain, then more and more wet flakes mixed in, the back end of the heavy shower was nice fluffy big flakes of snow, now back to rain. just shows how evaporative cooling works bringing the temp down, temp started at 3 and was down to 1 in he heaviest burst. if you look at the radar you can clearly see the cell develope with the peek above Lowestoft. 

• Like 2

Posted

I am sure people will look to criticise METO but I think warning was wise and whilst favoured spots lower still broadly s few cms.  

Posted

Morning

That’s a shame - still time for it to upgrade though a little right?

Currently 0.8c DP -1.6c and sunny

• Like 2

Posted

A low of -1.1 here last night, lovely crisp, cold, sunny morning. No matter what falls from the sky tomorrow night, at least we have a wintry feel to the weather coming up this week! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
40 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Apparently, everything is looking good to people in the mod thread

Ever the optimists in there. I expect chaos when it inevitably doesn't come to fruition. I don't know how many times weather enthusiasts still don't learn the lesson not to take far out charts as gospel.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

It's a nowcast event, nobody can be sure of where, what and how much will fall, it's only opinions...we only have to think back a week and remember some were surprised and some like myself amazed that all around me had snow yet I had pretty much 5mins of zilch.

As for the Meto, they are in a no win situation, if it comes to a lot of nothing for someones backyard in that warning zone they'll get blasted, a couple of miles can make all the difference, as can timing.

We should be happy we have something to focus on!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Looks like good potential for snow in my area all this week.

Surely we must get something out of either tomorrow, or Thursday, or Saturday or Monday or Tuesday next week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Few flakes of snow about in East Anglia according to the radar, an interesting morning for you folk

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: weather, especially snow, and a lovely frost

Both of my ponds are frozen :cold:, plus there are little polystyrene balls frozen on top, suns is  out, the  sky is blue, trying not to go onto song here ,  

• Like 2

Posted

From the sound of it I should have visited the mod thread before getting excited about the colours on this.

69-574PUK.gif

Edited by onepingonly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

This could be the make or break week of the winter, heres hoping!

Posted

ICON 06z looking good for places away from the SW part of the region, the further NE/NW you are in this region, the better.

Indeed for places north of the Thames, looks like it stays as snow the whole way through for you guys.

Time of arrival however is exceptionally poor for us, right at peak daytime heating. Could do with it getting delayed or brought forward 3-4hrs. Either side would be better.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
1 hour ago, Jackski4 said:

Just awoken to a lot of ups and downs re Tuesday. Some people saying it's going to be great others saying 2cms.. Depends what model you're looking at I guess. I'd still like to think UKMO will be right, as that looks very nice indeed.

Met going for 1-3cm at best , so no snowmageddon but maybe a slushy covering which for many would be a start to this crummy winter so far !!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Looking forward to all the rain down here on the coast

Yes I have accepted the fact all we will have is a cold rain fest... hopefully the folks further inland might see a bit of snow, but even that's looking debatable now too.

Posted
Just now, Sky High said:

Kold I love you. Not gonna propose marriage though. The missus might not approve. 

Thought Norf Arts might be in with a shot.

I think a very good shot unless the GFS is correct with the angle of the front.

ICON  06z has also made the front a little more active this time around compared to the 00z run with broadly 2-4cms forecasted in this region, with a peak at 5-6cms in local spots.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Icebox said:

Yes I have accepted the fact all we will have is a cold rain fest... hopefully the folks further inland might see a bit of snow, but even that's looking debatable now too.

Was looking like the far south would be the sweet spot but alas the midlands always seem to be the lucky ones, very frustrating! Ah well it’s only a bit of snow.... right

Posted
10 minutes ago, kold weather said:

ICON 06z looking good for places away from the SW part of the region, the further NE/NW you are in this region, the better.

Indeed for places north of the Thames, looks like it stays as snow the whole way through for you guys.

Time of arrival however is exceptionally poor for us, right at peak daytime heating. Could do with it getting delayed or brought forward 3-4hrs. Either side would be better.

This for Thursday?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Was looking like the far south would be the sweet spot but alas the midlands always seem to be the lucky ones, very frustrating! Ah well it’s only a bit of snow.... right

And now the rest of the week looks like that may go a bit pear shaped too...

The way our luck has gone this winter, you just know we are going to end up with a cool spring under a constant chilly easterly... 2 months too late!