Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, fatyido said:

Radar currently showing heavy precipitation on the east coast, can anyone tell me if it's just rain ?

It's currently raining here, quite moderately. And the temperature keeps going up and down between 3.5c-4c. 

So no snow here.

Edited by Nqp15hhu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
58 minutes ago, Dami said:

Hi! I'm an eastbournian born and breed and while I was still there, a forecast came on the telly for snow. I said to my now hubby 'Don't worry it never snows here' and we woke up to 6 inches the next morning. Keep the faith!

Hi. I've definitely got my fingers crossed. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, snowray said:

Who does the blinking CH4 weather? Man with a stupid sounding voice just showed London as rain on Tuesday and dry on Wednesday:bad:, leaving out the crucial overnight period.

So annoying!

MeteoGroup provides the data, but the supposed meteorologists at CH4 are meant to calculate and put charts together in time for a televised forecast............Liam Dutton is on CH4 too. He spends most of his time tackling the tabloids especially the Daily Express

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Haha I bet Guy Fawkes is blowing that Low Pressure South, him and Darren Bent absolutely hate any idea of snow and cold in the Uk

You're wrong about Darren Bent, Paul - he could send the ball so high it'd come back down with snow on it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Screenshot_20190127-192922_Chrome.jpg

pink =snow

Edited by fluid dynamic

Posted
47 minutes ago, Icebox said:

I have been there, 18 Dec 2010... just as we got to the station the Mrs phoned me up Arsenal v Stoke postponed it could of been worse we could of been on the train.

I don’t think the game would be cancelled but not keen on being stuck on a train heading south, we all know how well they handle snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
Just now, lassie23 said:

latest from met office, red with pink  spots warning for our region, in excess of 20 feet possible

*runs out and buys new boots immediately* 

Posted

I’m not getting excited yet I’ll wait for 00z UKMO people talking about 10-20cm for now expect nothing a few CM at most seems fairly good for a lot of us. Sweet spot intensity probably will brush coast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's brill up here, this evening: 4.6C, driving drizzle and a 39mph WNW'erly gale. Does that count as a 'drizzard'?:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Got out of the MOD thread...shot to ribbons and never had so many people quote me saying I was talking rubbish  - we'll see if my thoughts come to fruition but they are very 'anti-mild' or anything against the contrary as if a number of them weren't wrong a week or so ago!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer
5 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Can sense @Steve Murr is going to be doing one of his picture charts. Looks like my place Crowborough could be the sweet spot 

My first winter in Crowborough. I’m excited for the week ahead!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

Got out of the MOD thread...shot to ribbons and never had so many people quote me saying I was talking rubbish  - we'll see if my thoughts come to fruition but they are very 'anti-mild' or anything against the contrary as if a number of them weren't wrong a week or so ago!

After so many times of those snowy charts going tits up and their predictions being complete garbage, they should have some respect for other people's opinions.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
12 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

The floor in there seems to be littered with eggshells. Didn’t realise how volatile people can get after 7pm on a Sunday evening

Every night it seems to kick-off. Fun to read anyway ☺️

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, smarklew said:

My first winter in Crowborough. I’m excited for the week ahead!! 

Well you will get the settling snow before me. You know Crowborough is known for its micro climate and does very well with snowfall.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

I live in Crowborough too, but now I work here snow is less lovely as I can still get to work! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
33 minutes ago, yamkin said:

MeteoGroup provides the data, but the supposed meteorologists at CH4 are meant to calculate and put charts together in time for a televised forecast............Liam Dutton is on CH4 too. He spends most of his time tackling the tabloids especially the Daily Express

Thanks Yamkin, its just I had not head the ch4 weather forecast in years.

Don't worry, I changed the channel now.;)

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

After so many times of those snowy charts going tits up and their predictions being complete garbage, they should have some respect for other people's opinions.

I mentioned the possibility of det runs being more consistent showing mild towards day 9/10 and :bomb:!!!!!!!...all hell let lose towards me :)...unless you back up your thoughts with numerous ensembles, clusters or anomaly charts your deemed as an idiot which to be honest after this fatigue ridden winter I couldn't be bothered...as said it's not as if many in there haven't backed up there thoughts and still been wrong (last week or so).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: weather, especially snow, and a lovely frost

Ah who remembers the snow cup a few years ago, ?now that was fun , can't remember who did all the hard work keeping records, I remember going outside with my tape measure and taking a photo, and bloody froze and still lost , plus think there was cheating going on, how naughty 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I mentioned the possibility of det runs being more consistent showing mild towards day 9/10 and :bomb:!!!!!!!...all hell let lose towards me :)...unless you back up your thoughts with numerous ensembles, clusters or anomaly charts your deemed as an idiot which to be honest after this fatigue ridden winter I couldn't be bothered...as said it's not as if many in there haven't backed up there thoughts and still been wrong (last week or so).

What do you expect when you say this:

Well the models are firming up on becoming mild to very mild in day 10 and beyond

How many models go out to day 10?
How many of them show cross-model agreement at day 10?

At the moment, it's impossible to get cross-model agreement past day 2.

You asked for that one i'm afraid.

• Like 8

Posted
4 minutes ago, jos787 said:

Ah who remembers the snow cup a few years ago, ?now that was fun , can't remember who did all the hard work keeping records, I remember going outside with my tape measure and taking a photo, and bloody froze and still lost , plus think there was cheating going on, how naughty 

It was Tom who carried this out

• Like 2