Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

All of course subject to change but I’m 10 miles inland and just outside the yellow zone!

Might need to take a drive up to Crowborough, as this often seems to be a sweet spot (inland plus altitude).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

Thoughts on Thursday? seems promising from some comments in MOD thread.

Never trust anything that is said in there 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
7 minutes ago, yamkin said:

The uncertainty mentioned in that tweet was highlighted on the forecast just before noon on the news channel it said "bringing a spell of persistent rain but maybe something slightly more hazardous"

• Like 2

Posted

With the best will in the world ignore the Beeb forecast until the day, they won't commit yet simply because there is still some uncertainty regarding to the set-up. A small chance this low gets so strong it goes over the SE and brings a snow-rain-snow mix. VERY small chance but not impossible. Also small chance that the front doesn't develop as expected. Once again small chance but it is there.

Until those set-ups are gone, I don't think they will totally commit other than what is expected.

I think for Tuesday's low I'll be concentrating in here from now on, purely because its all going to become very IMBY in the model threads.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
10 minutes ago, Surrey said:

"We have hail.." 

So do we. In Southend today

Posted
50 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

I just hate the stereotypical oh southerners cant cope blah blah.... we all see the footage from up north or wales when they get snow with miles of traffic, or buses stranded on hills etc etc.... its the same all over in this country. Our infrastructure isnt set up for it, doesnt mean we cant drive in it

Such a cliche, Northeners tough softeners soft, I find it so dull. Will be out working in it all week, gonna be a long week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Quick glance at MOD thread and there continues the theme of getting hung up on FI/ D10 charts. Rinse & repeat since November 2018

Yet, we have possibilities of cold & snow during the next 5 days. 

I don’t get it, are members confusing their love of cold and snow, when it’s actually FI rainbow charts that really float their boat?

Very odd. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: weather, especially snow, and a lovely frost

Hail here at the moment, exciting ,holding my breath and fingers crossed for this event, hopefully it will happen, well we deserve a treat

Posted
3 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

BBC weather on tv just now did not even mention tuesday evening/ wednesday morning and nothing about possible travel disruption, do they know something we dont.

Up to you what you watch, but little point in watching them forecast Tuesday/Wednesday yet. The Met Office warning and the broad consensus from models suggest snow. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

BBC weather on tv just now did not even mention tuesday evening/ wednesday morning and nothing about possible travel disruption, do they know something we dont.

Too much undertainty (both good and bad) still to bother mentioning it. They probably won't make more than a passing reference to it until Monday evening in all likelihood. Instead they will probably just play it safe and not even mention what is due to happen down the line.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

low trending south as expected, unlikely to cause much trouble.... im praying it travels through the channel but unlikely

Posted
7 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Up to you what you watch, but little point in watching them forecast Tuesday/Wednesday yet. The Met Office warning and the broad consensus from models suggest snow. 

I do agree with you but early morning forecast on bbc showed the evening/night in question and said "possible travel disruption" but  it will come down to where the low goes I suppose

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not got anything yet, but that area seems to be building on radar, looks like a trough, was it expected?

Posted
Just now, steveinsussex said:

low trending south as expected, unlikely to cause much trouble.... im praying it travels through the channel but unlikely

Consensus is for low to go in to NW France and that has broadly been idea. Unlikely to be in channel. So nothing has changed for BBC. They just arent commenting. But are on Twitter etc.

Posted
2 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

I do agree with you but early morning forecast on bbc showed the evening/night in question and said "possible travel disruption" but  it will come down to where the low goes I suppose

Nothing has changed, no model runs since. Warning issued by Met Office is broad idea of snow potential. 

Posted

the stuff coming off the north sea looks interesting?

Posted
8 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

GP has just posted on the mad thread about the EC06z and apparentely the low is going south eastwards towards BREST with precipitation to the north but not much

The low's exact positioning is still uncertain and even GP will/should know this

Edited by yamkin