Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
16 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Control run going for a snow event Tuesday too??

Yes in fact we have quite a few snow chances next week, the ensemble mean stays in the -5/-7c range from Sunday onwards, thats really good going, and theres good agreement too.:oldsmile:

graphe_ens3.gif

Edited by snowray
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Feels terribly cold in that sleet shame about shallow warm layer not a problem further east with snow to sea level in Isle of Sheppey. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
21 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes in fact we have quite a few snow chances next week, the ensemble mean stays in the -5/-7c range from Sunday onwards, thats really good going, and theres good agreement too.

graphe_ens3.gif

Nervous and exciting times ahead I feel!!

• Like 2

Posted

Line of light showers buiding back slightly onto the Suffolk coast, the odd flurry of icy stuff in the air.

Temp around 1c, dp -0.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms
23 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Feels terribly cold in that sleet shame about shallow warm layer not a problem further east with snow to sea level in Isle of Sheppey. 

Yes nice surprise its now turned to light drizzle now but it was nice while it lasted hopefully better to come later next week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
52 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

A few light snow flurries in new ash green this morning has given way to lighter drizzle...

I will be back in the regionals from late sat !

Hi Steve,

(I hope there's no Vegans reading this)

I was just in your neck of the woods, theres still some patches of snow clinging on for dear life.

I was delivering some to a local pub in the pic perhaps we could organise a Netweather SE/EA get together at your local. I'm free Sat eve& Sundays

20190124_114646.jpg

20190124_114449.jpg

20190124_114844.jpg

20190124_114838.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

I'd take the cockles Kentspur, but not so keen on the jellied eels! Though my Dad being a proper born and bred E.Londoner is always game for some (I mean, technically I am since I was born in Newham, but realistically I'm an Essex lad at heart!)

Clouding over here now in advance of the warm front pushing in from the west that should make things far milder than they have been lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Sitting under rain on the radar but we’re not getting even that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

nothing makes me want to polish the family silver than seeing sleet/snow preceded by rain on a forecast. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
20 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Sitting under rain on the radar but we’re not getting even that. 

Its queer isn't it? I have got rain coming down but the radar says I haven't. Perhaps we don't know where we are

Posted

Nice 20 minutes of big flakes, even settling on the patio and grass. Lovely to see new puppy chasing the flakes in the air and then trying to eat the snow off the ground

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, Dami said:

nothing makes me want to polish the family silver than seeing sleet/snow preceded by rain on a forecast. 

Yes indeed, plenty of chances for a good polish coming up for you I feel, given those stellar charts being discussed recently. Does look rather like we are in for a good time - the cold hunt is definitely on !

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

TBH. snow is lovely falling and when it first lays, but then it starts to melt, then freeze over and is horrible to walk in. Now have to walk further to school so maybe it's best it doesn't snow. It was bad enough with the ice this morning.

yep, don't want snow.

Posted

Its finny that Tom was posting about the 1927 blizzard yesterday, because the synoptics look quite similar to what we may receive, though obviously with the caveat that its a heck of a long way out yet.

Good read Tom by the way!

• Like 4

Posted
34 minutes ago, Dami said:

TBH. snow is lovely falling and when it first lays, but then it starts to melt, then freeze over and is horrible to walk in. Now have to walk further to school so maybe it's best it doesn't snow. It was bad enough with the ice this morning.

yep, don't want snow.

The ice was nasty yesterday on a pedestrian bridge over the railway line near where I live... A few folk could have come unstuck there. And blamed someone else, obviously

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
2 hours ago, kold weather said:

I'd take the cockles Kentspur, but not so keen on the jellied eels! Though my Dad being a proper born and bred E.Londoner is always game for some (I mean, technically I am since I was born in Newham, but realistically I'm an Essex lad at heart!)

Clouding over here now in advance of the warm front pushing in from the west that should make things far milder than they have been lately.

Funny enough I could have been born an Essex boy myself as my Dad moved here from Mauritius in the early 70s and landed at Southend Airport and spent the first few years north of the river before he met my Mum who's from East Kent.

As for seafood I never used to eat anything but Cod and chips but as I get fish thrown at me now im working here I'll try most dishes it's all about how you cook it! Tuna steak to me tastes like beef steak. Salmon for me I only eat ifits flavoursome-honey soya sauce garlic etc or sweet chilli

Sorry to go off topic everyone!

Bring on the snow ❄☃️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The trough was mostly rain here, did have a few flakes at first. Thankfully none of that freezing rain type stuff though.

Still some snow around on the hills here.

IMG_20190124_094140.jpg

IMG_20190124_124738.jpg

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A miserable, dreich 1.3C here, just now...A few wet flakes spotted before lunch though.

Posted

According to the latest text update on the eastern region forecast on the Met office site, not that cold on Sunday at 6C with intermittent rain. Monday colder with a raw wind. Gone is the mention of wintry showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

Not going to count chickens till day before it is meant happen fed up of disappointment.

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Would be very nice ?? I’m still excited about the snowfall here on Tuesday afternoon/evening, it’s been many years since I’ve seen snowflakes that huge and it settled on all surfaces. Have seen a couple of very heavy snow showers in Prague since moving there, too. Lovely.

Yes, we're going to look like rank amateurs in the snow department here in the snowless south east after you have spent a while in Prague. I do hope that goes well for you:)

Lucky you seeing the big flakes ❄️ I missed the actual snowfall early evening on Tuesday as I was teaching 4.30-6.30, but it was a lovely surprise coming out of my lecture and first thinking 'no it can't be' and then thinking 'wow, it really is' as realisation dawned the snow had indeed fallen and given campus a good covering. The models for quite some time had been regularly converging on that date as the most likely for snow but as the charts 'downgraded' nearer the time, I downgraded my expectations, and I was wrong:) ⛄ It took me nearly ten minutes to clear at least a centimeter if not two of snow off the car with my trusty Clas Ohlson ice scraper and snow brush - purchased in 2013 in the belief all winters would be like that(!) - before slithering through a completely non-prepared campus to get home. By the time I returned to Surbiton at 9.30 everything had all but cleared. Fingers crossed for more to come.

Brunel snowy car park black and white.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, snowblind said:

According to the latest text update on the eastern region forecast on the Met office site, not that cold on Sunday at 6C with intermittent rain. Monday colder with a raw wind. Gone is the mention of wintry showers.

Yes indeed. Timing of rain totally changes and the mention of snow on Monday has gone. 

Really really poor forecasting. Couldn't predict a pint in a pub. 

Posted

This forcasts on the been now really are a complete load of toss! At 955pm last night Saturday was going to be a washout and on Sunday they had 50mph winds over us.

Roll forward to 16:25 today and Saturday is now totally dry and Sunday is wet but the winds are 14mph

Its utterly shambolic

• Like 1