Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The latest outputs not been mentioned? lots of eye candy, end of month/start of next!! (Fi)

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

How's it looking from Herne Bay down to Hythe?

Snowing now in Deal by the sea !! 

DAFBA5C7-10FE-4CBE-A0F6-A3CBB79DEC15.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Clusters of PPN incoming from the Cheshire Gap are pepping up and intensifying moving in a SE direction...... I have seen this set up before where the ppn kept it's intensity and snowed in many parts of the SE.......Something to keep an eye on as this could surprise many in in a few hours time ❄️

1037375721_23_01.19CheshireGapStreamer.thumb.PNG.d38ee4998826120e3c4d30bf7677bf80.PNG

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been snowing here for a while now, started as rain. Not really settling in town, but it is on the hills all around. Will post some pics in the morning if still there.

• Like 3

Posted

well if  my rain alarm  right  rush hour  in the  east could be interesting  later

https://www.buienradar.nl/

Holland  radar  looking  nice  well

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Morning

Looks like a slight covering, roads driveable. Currently -0.1c DP -0.3c overcast and wind getting up.

• Like 1

Posted

It's snowing again and lying readily on what I assume is ice after last nights snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Sleet & wet snow on & off all night in Ramsgate/manston 

Temp 0.2c 

This is what i have to show for it..  

Not quite the beast ....

20190123_071511.jpg

20190123_071600.jpg

Edited by craigore
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
58 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Do the MO know something the radar doesn’t?! Can’t see the precip to the east of me doing that!

EACFD450-847D-4900-AE4C-9D2A471D216B.png

Morning Lottie and all,

Glad to see that slight N/NNE "Streamer" set up over E.Kent, as was suggested last night. MeteoGroup are of the opinion that these Wintry Showers (should be of snow with your elevation), will continue for a few hours before fading away, during the afternoon. Just seen the lovely, Laura Tobin on ITV, and her graphics also showed the extreme East of Kent will see some more Wintry-type showers, for a few more hours yet.

Nothing I have seen from the overnight runs and having seen a recording of Weather For The Week Ahead (with Ben Rich) has changed my thoughts about the evolving Synoptic pattern, as we move into February. 

Saturday/Sunday, sees Ian Currie's second last "bite of the cherry", so to speak.

UKMO (01.00) SUN.27th JAN. (t96)

image.thumb.png.9c4ef9c0bea5ab97009056b4a966afc5.png

ECM (01.00) SUN.27th JAN. (t96)

image.thumb.png.3aa38e09b707916d90fba4146f928536.png

Just suggestions on the ECM chart below that East Kent could see a cheeky little "backdoor" Streamer, overnight Sunday into Monday. If this Synoptic came to fruition, no doubt the higher parts of this area could well see a little settling snow. Certainly one to keep an eye on. But the ridge again gets "toppled.

ECM (01.00) MON.28th JAN. (t120)

image.thumb.png.d7b3b5e83d47dbe367d4eca357143d9f.png

We then move on to Ian Currie's last "bite of the cherry". The Models seem to be suggesting that this could well be the definitive Arctic outbreak. The UKMO chart for Tuesday 29th Jan, looks to be gearing itself up for a more substantial Northerly.

UKMO (01.00) TUES 29th JAN.

image.thumb.png.1b865c49f84ac5ba1c6382112803505b.png 

Obviously, way off in la, la land but the 00z GFS run, already "playing about" with height rises over Scandinavia, as we enter February. See chart below: 

image.thumb.png.a6fa5e0bce7bdf82e0d9ea1de94ea540.png

But that's way off in the distance!! Let's deal with the next week of weather first. Some of us may well experience some late January snowfall, if we're lucky!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
26 minutes ago, craigore said:

Sleet & wet snow on & off all night in Ramsgate/manston 

Temp 0.2c 

This is what i have to show for it..  

Not quite the beast ....

20190123_071511.jpg

20190123_071600.jpg

It's more than we have in H.Bay. Not a wet flake in sight here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

When I went into work with my Wife a few days ago (Residential Care Home, in Chislehurst), I was talking to the young lady that organises activities for the Residents. This includes having "guest speakers" in, to talk on a variety of subjects. I mentioned Ian Currie to her and she seemed very interested to have Ian come over, to present one of his talks.

A lot of the Residents are in their 80's/90's and some are affected by Alzheimers/Dementia. I understand their main memory problems are connected with short-term memory loss. Indeed, on the whole, their long-term memories seem to be pretty sharp still.  So, I'm going to suggest that Ian performs his talk about the great October 1987 storm, which is based on his book, Surrey in the "Hurricane".

image.png.05651592e7496a11614f86209d7e3b30.png

With that in mind, I will need to ring him this afternoon and will ask him about his current thoughts, for the next couple of weeks.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

After looking at observations of snow falling pretty much all around me here in Boxley Maidsne my long range forecast interest has now been reduced to 2mins, not 2hrs, 2 days or 2 Month......2mins! And I won't believe or trust anything till it happens 

• Like 1

Posted

The feature due to hit tomorrow AM could be of interest to some - keeping an eye on it myself. Looks likely to be brushing into East Anglia (especially Norfolk) - likely just going to be sleet and rain showers but a few could get a sprinkling.

Pleased to also report Ely had its first little flurry last night - but no settling. Frustratingly - there seemed to be a virtual barrier literally a few miles to my west where all the precipitation hit and just disappeared/got blown to pieces!! Grrrr. A slightly frustrating evening it has to be said. 

Posted

Here in Dover, heavier snow lands, then lighter sleet melts some, and then the heavier stuff lands again. Annoying that it can't stay snow.

• Like 1

Posted

I like the Met Office's updated long range. Suggesting easterlies with significant snow for the south - maybe some channels lows/battle grounds?

They, along with many on here, still going for this (seems like months now) so you never know...

image.thumb.png.66a0bc1a13a8961259454217061deb2e.png

Edited by CanadianCoops
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

In a far, remote corner of the school playing field, where there is some old tyres, there is a dusting of snow. Rejoice. Our first laying snow. 

• Like 1

Posted

we now have large fluffy snow falling on the coast at Lowestoft, settling on the frozen surfaces, as i type now getting heavier, looks like more to come in from the north sea

• Like 3