Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
55 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

Here's the photo showing it snow in my back garden.

Snow Wonderful Snow 001.jpg

Well, i was so busy reading 'hunt for cold' came on here and saw your post , ran to the window just in time to see my 1st flakes of the year!  Now i know why sometimes its best to give the models a break and just step outside!!  Thanks katrine

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

Did hammer down here in Eastwood too Paul, roads and paths were covered temporally all melting now! 

Still a nice suprise to see this winters first snowfall and I’m sure it won’t be the last ??

If you get a chance go to Billericay tomorrow, the difference will blow your mind, just goes to show getting stuck under a heavy precip band for an hour and having 200ft extra elevation really counts in these Set-Ups

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Lottie,

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. MeteoGroup are still banging your drum, in East Kent. They are suggesting that ppn will pivot over you and as the flow turns in between N and NE, overnight, East Kent will see further Wintry Showers, well into tomorrow. Ben Rich stated giving a covering, especially over high ground. You did, after all, win my Snow Depth Cup due to your location and elevation!! :oldgood:

Here is the HIRLAM Model's view of the situation, at midnight:

image.thumb.png.8a48785a319888d34882a742a82fddbd.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

I would love that to pivot back towards SE London Tom, I'm not being greedy surely, am I?:oldgrin:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I went on the Weather Channel and the temperature for South Ockendon is  1°C (feels like -1°C along with the dew point which has remain unchanged at 0°C.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Needed completing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
Just now, Djdazzle said:

Non event for most people. Couple of cm of wet snow doesn’t float my boat!

Bet you hate Christmas to  its some snow at last, be happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
13 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Bit gutted, had to retire to bed three and  a half hors ago for my obligatory afternoon nap. Was up at 5.15 this morning and still suffer from extreme fatigue after Haemorrhagic Stroke, in Sept.2015. Was falling asleep at the keyboard as reports of rain was turning to snow, in West London. Have spent the last hour reading 10 pages of your reports. Glad to read reports of snow falling in my home Borough of Bromley. all the way down from Crystal Palace to Biggin Hill. But really surprised to hear that SCRAT and SNOWBOB don't have a covering, in Biggin Hill, I'd have thought that would've been a "shoe-in"!!

Also pleased to see Yamkin's report of snow in Croydon, where I spent the last 20+ years of my working life.

When I got to MARK's (my near neighbour, here in Lee, S.E.12) report of snow falling, I stuck my head out of the front door, although the road and pavement is wet, I can make out a slight dusting on grass, cars and bins. Really wasn't expecting much if any, here in South Lewisham, especially at the very modest elevation of 41 metres!! Will be really p--d off if that's the only snow of the Winter and I've missed it!! :oldangry:

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Good Evening Tom!  Yes, gutted that Biggin Hill was not the sweet spot it so often is...but hey, cannot grumble about something I cannot control!  The afternoon run up and eager anticipation made a nice change (did try and get some work done while hopping between forums and various weather apps / forecasts / websites lol).  Think ice could be be a real issue in the morning, although NetWeather says snow for Biggin Hill from 3am until lunch time tomorrow....if only! I refuse to believe that you have missed the only snow of the winter whilst napping......that really would sum up the worst winter ever. Fingers and everything else crossed for more cold, ice and 'snow producing' conditions for us all!!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Sparky68 said:

Bet you hate Christmas to  its some snow at last, be happy.

Nah I love Christmas! But after the promises of thr models last week, this is third rate!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
5 minutes ago, snowsummer said:

Well, i was so busy reading 'hunt for cold' came on here and saw your post , ran to the window just in time to see my 1st flakes of the year!  Now i know why sometimes its best to give the models a break and just step outside!!  Thanks katrine

Thank you Snowsummer you are very welcome and I hope Brentwood will get plenty of snow.:cold-emoji:?️??

Posted
3 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Nah I love Christmas! But after the promises of thr models last week, this is third rate!

Thats the problem with models they are never nailed on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
1 minute ago, Katrine Basso said:

Thank you Snowsummer you are very welcome and I hope Brentwood will get plenty of snow.?️??

Oops. Not in brentwood now. Must change that...snowy blackshots tonight.  Hopefully good for us in erm.....sshhh...dare i say..10 days!! 

Posted

6 miles NE of Huntingdon, light snow for about half an hour, settling on cold surfaces.

Edited by RJBingham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Nothing of note over Boxley Maidstone, to me looks like a Medway shield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Started snowing lightly again in Waltham abbey 

Posted

So close here but no cigar. Literally all snow a few miles west of here. Only drizzle here even with elevation. Glad to see so many people get a snow event. I did think the SE would get snow, just not so much. Hopefully it’s the start of 6 weeks of snowy cold ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Great photos guys.

Good to see our region (though not me this time) get in on the action, even in a North Westerly.

Sure they’ll be some more opportunities to come..

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Temporary dusting in Southend, first of the winter. All turned to slush.

The drive back was really interesting buddy

Billericay a Solid Inch on all surfaces, trees look amazing up there but where I was is 505ft asl

Drove down through Noak Bridge to the A127 and just a 1cm covering, Wickford about the same, you lose the settled snow just past the Rayleigh Weir.

Turned into Leigh on Sea and mostly sleety mess

Temps in Billericay were -2c, It was -1c in Wickford and 0c in Leigh so much more marginal this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Well not bad for a N’Westerly this was at 19:45 here in Godmanchester.

2DD21FBF-95C9-4380-A683-B799A29F16A1.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

Well not bad for a N’Westerly this was at 19:45 here in Godmanchester.

2DD21FBF-95C9-4380-A683-B799A29F16A1.jpeg

Stokes Drive?

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

The drive back was really interesting buddy

Billericay a Solid Inch on all surfaces, trees look amazing up there but where I was is 505ft asl

Drove down through Noak Bridge to the A127 and just a 1cm covering, Wickford about the same, you lose the settled snow just past the Rayleigh Weir.

Turned into Leigh on Sea and mostly sleety mess

Temps in Billericay were -2c, It was -1c in Wickford and 0c in Leigh so much more marginal this way

At least you got to see some action mate. I’m sure we will get our turn in the next few weeks when winds are more favourable ??