Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Zilch in Braintree. Rain, sleet and snow shield holding firm!! 

Posted

Yessssss  the white stuff has reached Westcliff, nice 50p sized flakes too....

FC

EDIT...   wow the flakes are just getting bigger and bigger, and it is quickly starting to turn white out there, that was fast!

Edited by frozencanals
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Bit gutted, had to retire to bed three and  a half hors ago for my obligatory afternoon nap. Was up at 5.15 this morning and still suffer from extreme fatigue after Haemorrhagic Stroke, in Sept.2015. Was falling asleep at the keyboard as reports of rain was turning to snow, in West London. Have spent the last hour reading 10 pages of your reports. Glad to read reports of snow falling in my home Borough of Bromley. all the way down from Crystal Palace to Biggin Hill. But really surprised to hear that SCRAT and SNOWBOB don't have a covering, in Biggin Hill, I'd have thought that would've been a "shoe-in"!!

Also pleased to see Yamkin's report of snow in Croydon, where I spent the last 20+ years of my working life.

When I got to MARK's (my near neighbour, here in Lee, S.E.12) report of snow falling, I stuck my head out of the front door, although the road and pavement is wet, I can make out a slight dusting on grass, cars and bins. Really wasn't expecting much if any, here in South Lewisham, especially at the very modest elevation of 41 metres!! Will be really p--d off if that's the only snow of the Winter and I've missed it!! :oldangry:

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 9

Posted

Looks like there has been a lot more snow around than was first expected by the models. Sadly here we got screwed out of it by the drier slot that was in place on the back part of the trough, just as the trough started to widely transition to snow. I probably needed a delay of 1-2hrs to have had snow as the system was just turning sleety.

Ah well, you win some and lose some, and this was a lose for me, but a big win for plenty of others, congrats and keep sending in those lovely photos!

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

There you go.  I am the red dot.  I have watched all the ppn evaporate before it gets to me

Screenshot_20190122-202128_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's frustrating, those that have it have done very well unexpectedly, guess there is still the chance of something overnight but best not to expect anything this time round. On to the next opportunity and hopefully we'll do better next time around. 

Posted

Well it only stayed white briefly under the heaviest part of the burst, the majority of the snow has already melted.

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well,it lasted for roughly 30 secs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Then I got to MARK's (my near neighbour, here in Lee, S.E.12) report of snow falling, I stuck my head out of the front door, although the road and pavement is wet, I can make out a slight dusting on grass, cars and bins. Really wasn't expecting much if any, here in South Lewisham, especially at the very modest elevation of 41 metres!! Will be really p--d off if that's the only snow of the Winter and I've missed it!! 

Regards,

Tom.   

I had higher expectations, Tom, but I think we all do. Disappointed, considering how some relatively local coverings have been, but that's weather (and our location) 

It was nice to see it falling, if nothing else. I'm sure it won't be the last, and I'm still looking to the NW tonight, with hope.

We will prevail, Tom

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Snowing harder now. But not settling . Temp 1.5 C 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Just started again here

IMG_20190122_203316.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

rain here at sea level on the coast as expected. 2.7c  just too warm, by around 2 degrees!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Just stopped here, hour and and a half of continuous snowfall, can't complain. Managed to get a covering of wet snow in spite of it being so wet with rain before 7pm.:oldsmile:

20190122_193601.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

So where's this forecast snow for tonight/early tomorrow then coming from? - *** all here

Posted

Billericay got Hammered hard - Was getting hard to get around when we left training, dinner plates coming down at times, back in Leigh On Sea and barely a dusting

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
2 minutes ago, Matty J said:

That video that @yamkin shared is brilliant, thats how snow should be!

All i have here in Maldon is light drizzle

Really fed up with this “winter”

Patience. It's barely started. Beast from the East didn't strike until March.

• Like 2

Good evening peeps

Had quite a prolonged period of snow here in Walthamstow had a good covering on the pavements and the cars. Stopped here now just been out and all I can hear now is drip drip everywhere so it is melting quick.

i was not expecting anything as much as this here today so took me by surprise and this is without an Easterly. 

Wish you all a lovely evening

kind regards

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
59 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Great to see some are finally getting a bit of snow! 

Been hoping the channel stuff would rotate up but it’s just skimming me. The lighter echos aren’t reaching the ground either so now hoping the precipitation in west Kent can hold it together..

41FEA7D0-81D8-4D51-9849-77B5736738F9.jpeg

Hi Lottie,

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. MeteoGroup are still banging your drum, in East Kent. They are suggesting that ppn will pivot over you and as the flow turns in between N and NE, overnight, East Kent will see further Wintry Showers, well into tomorrow. Ben Rich stated giving a covering, especially over high ground. You did, after all, win my Snow Depth Cup due to your location and elevation!! :oldgood:

Here is the HIRLAM Model's view of the situation, at midnight:

image.thumb.png.8a48785a319888d34882a742a82fddbd.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Billericay got Hammered hard - Was getting hard to get around when we left training, dinner plates coming down at times, back in Leigh On Sea and barely a dusting

Did hammer down here in Eastwood too Paul, roads and paths were covered temporally all melting now! 

Still a nice suprise to see this winters first snowfall and I’m sure it won’t be the last ??

• Like 1

Posted

Just drove down and up Westerham Hill. At the top, by Shampan, it was coming down heavily, and visibility in full beam headlights was low. About half way down Westerham Hill it became quite sleety, and at the bottom was mostly rain. On the way home, clear at the bottom and all white at the top. Back in Halstead it’s 0.1c, foggy and still snowing lightly. If the skies clear, then it is going to be a mess in the morning, as it is wet out there.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yep as others have said I have never seen flakes that big in all my life they was the size of my hands . Anyway this lot has now cleared through here now the stuff further north west seems to be dissipating but I do to my suprise have a light covering on the cars and grass left over which will no doubt now freeze . 

I left a very snowy Uxbridge where the snow chose to fall as I was giving a 2-hour lecture, but picking up my son from Jujitsu at Chessington CC the pavements and car park seem to have cleared with the car temp showing 2 degrees. The motorways and A3 stayed clear but I did get gritted! Will we get any more from the Cheshire Gap streamer I wonder.

IMG_20190122_183530.jpg

• Like 5