Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
14 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

This must be a good omen

Who remembers the Thundersnow event with the cold front coming down from the North depositing 2-3 inches in the SE

What year was that- 2003!??? Cant be

well that night I was going Go karting for the sprints at buckmore park- started out as rain 5pm then snowed in the car park by 6..

Well tomorrow im go Karting again !

Monday 28th January 2004. Rain and thunder quickly turned to snow. 

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, Steve Murr said:

15 years ago

At the time (15 years ago), I was pleased to see decent snow again. I think the best event before 2004 was in the winter 1995 / 96.

I don't really remember any decent snow in between those years. 

Posted

Not expecting snow tonight, certainly won’t be up too early to have a look but some of the hi res (as I’ve seen in here) look exciting for tomorrow evening so hoping for some heavy enough showers to get some down to 60m ASL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Latest 12z Euro4 still looking ok for tomorrow afternoon, I guess we shall just have to wait and see, wintry mix, hail, sleet, snow, still showing a covering in places in the SE. Cold day though.:cold:

19012218_2112.gif

19012221_2112-1.gif

19012221_2112.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Interesting that its also showing the chance of some more organised sleet and show just to our east, this is what some forecasters have been talking about for Wednesday. Looked to be heading too far east for a while but it's further west again so worth keeping an eye on for something in East Anglia and Kent, probably just clipping the far east of the regions but you never know, some good short term upgrades today already.:oldsmile:

19012312_2112.gif

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
28 minutes ago, Mr Snowy said:

Getting colder2121134601_Screenshot_20190121-180608_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.271d60c39fb1846bdab3f2021529c0c5.jpg

Not here, gone up to 2.0 from 1.9, but very slowly though.

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e

gut feeling all we will get is sleet and prehaps some wet snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I'm expecting rain. No disappointment. who's with me???‍♀️

• Like 2

Posted

Rain and sleet looks likely tonight but it's the showers/area of PPN moving from the West tomorrow afternoon and evening that should be of most interest. It could of course disappoint but it also has some potential and keeps us on our toes! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

This must be a good omen

Who remembers the Thundersnow event with the cold front coming down from the North depositing 2-3 inches in the SE

What year was that- 2003!??? Cant be

well that night I was going Go karting for the sprints at buckmore park- started out as rain 5pm then snowed in the car park by 6..

Well tomorrow im go Karting again !

Remember it well . It was about 26th January 2004....i was stuck around the back of Biggin Hill after a tree collapsed across the road. We had about 3 inches of snow in 20 minutes. The temperature dropped from 5c to 0c within minutes.

• Like 2

Posted

Yh not seeing any accumulations with this front tonight, maybe some wet snowflakes as the back edge clears before dawn.

Tomorrow has a pretty decent chance of some Thunder and Hail in any of the Beefier showers if they can make it down the M40 from the Birmingham area. Again if you get a really hefty one would not rule out a covering for a time, and if that hits just before night with clearing skies and a few -3 to -5c temps overnight the snow could stick around for Wednesday morning.

After that dry all the way to Sunday with temps between 6-9c

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 2

Posted

I just had a look at the MET'S weather for the week ahead. All fairly benign and mild with now no guarantee that it gets colder at the end of the weekend. 

The slug High is in control as it has been and looks like continuing to do so. 

Vert little rain in the forecast too which could become a problem further on. 

Very little anything.... ZZZZZZZZ.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
54 minutes ago, Dami said:

I'm expecting rain. No disappointment. who's with me???‍♀️

It's normally so dry around here, I'm not even expecting rain!!  I'd be happy just to hear a bit of rain on the window these days, I'm desperate for some weather, any weather now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

March 2013 was the last time I saw a decent snowfall,the beast from the east just didnt do it for me from an imby perspective,I managed 2cm at best,while my mate,3 miles away across the valley,measured around 8 inches,even my old town fared better than me,220 odd ft asl,cmon,give me a decent snowfall that sticks for a few days before march

• Like 2

Posted

Tomorrow's possible snow event doesn't really excite me as any accumulation will melt the next day with mild temps on the rise end of the week. Will keenly watch out the window afternoon time though snow falling from the sky is always a sigh to behold. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, Zesyph said:

Tomorrow's possible snow event doesn't really excite me as any accumulation will melt the next day with mild temps on the rise end of the week. Will keenly watch out the window afternoon time though snow falling from the sky is always a sigh to behold. 

yes pretty pointless if it doesn't stick and then two days later it's 9 c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Nice to see some chillier sunny days with some air frosts the last couple of days but if this is the best it will be this winter then let's face it will be one BIG disappointment! 1, Low solar minimum 2. Many global seasonal models showing northern blocking Jan/Feb 3. SSW event forecast since December (occurred New Year). 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, SnowBorder said:

At the time (15 years ago), I was pleased to see decent snow again. I think the best event before 2004 was in the winter 1995 / 96.

I don't really remember any decent snow in between those years. 

Late December and the first week or so of January 1996/97 had a very cold spell with some snow and Ice days!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well temp is on the rise.Already up to 3 degrees and the wind freshening.Think rain will be here by midnight but should be cleared by 6am at latest to leave a fresh day but bright with threat of wintry showers late afternoon.Just dipped into MOD Thread and still no sign of Heights rising to our North in next 5 days,Not looking past that as still a lot of volatility in the models.Still hopeful that a cold spell will happen this winter but must admit not as hopeful as i was a couple weeks ago.That said things can change very quickly and just hope they do for the better in terms of cold and snow.

• Like 2