Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
2 minutes ago, Matty J said:

I often wish we could go back to a day before the likes of these Netweather forums and being able to view charts etc.

In a matter of hours we’ve gone from a possible Narnia event to basically miserable winter dross and most posters in the MOD thread wanting to top themselves

I’ve lost count of the amount of times the models have shown epic wintryness only for us to end up with absolutely nothing, I’m fed up with the constant disappointments ☹️

And what makes it worse is it’s the same places that get the cold & snow again. I’m still not convinced this is over, the fat lady hasn’t sung. 

• Like 1

Posted

This GFS run back up previous one. Make the most of any wintriness between now and Thursday because next weekend a sinking high over the UK will usher in a return of the boring fairly mild anticyclonic westerly dirge we have suffered a lot of over this winter so far.

Edit And UKMO's even worse with the morning's easterlies at t+120 and t+144 replaced by something at T+144 that is looking like backyard mild creeping round the Atlantic high  

Edited by Kentish Man

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
18 minutes ago, shotski said:

Wow, what a difference 24 hours makes Models all over the place at the moment but things have certainly tonned down a bit. 

Had the same yesterday here, with a bit less sun though, and maybe a tad warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, shotski said:

And what makes it worse is it’s the same places that get the cold & snow again. I’m still not convinced this is over, the fat lady hasn’t sung. 

It's over now lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, shotski said:

Just checking, so now Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, are not cold with snow potential?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Ukmo has flipped,you couldn't make it up,now talking about beginning of feb,the lobe of death just will not sod off for a holiday,rapidly losing the will now,winters of old are just that,old

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Just checking, so now Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, are not cold with snow potential?

Its been potential all winter lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
6 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Its been potential all winter lol

!! maybe we need another bite of the cherry !! another doofus saying that should be banned !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Oh definitely some snow potentially for this week but not favourable for lower ground or the south east. I was talking about more the potential easterly. 

Posted

I would not be surprised if by the morning the charts have changed back to cold and snowy! Don’t give up just yet. Thoughts anyone?

Edited by jright35
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
29 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

!! maybe we need another bite of the cherry !! another doofus saying that should be banned !!

Haha 

That & “onto the next chase..!” 

Got to hand it to the guys in MOD thread though, What a hobby, chasing rainbows. Rather them than me.

It would be like me at Sunday footy and never scoring a goal for 5 months.

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
6 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Haha 

Got to hand it to the guys in MOD thread though, What a hobby, chasing rainbows. Rather them than me.

Not one single expert amongst them all!

• Like 2

Posted

I've been following this forum since last March with the arrival of the beast from the east. 

A fan of exciting weather obviously but all this model watching and hanging on to every op run business makes me lose my enthusiasm. Every 6 hours the mood seems to change I honestly can't believe how some people don't get exhausted from this. Our climate is pretty mundane as it is I was expecting more experienced weather enthusiasts on here to have a bit more sense and not overreact. 

I think visiting the MOD thread less frequently would save me from my own disappointment from day 10 charts being hyped up. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

At least no more huge confident posts from a certain member in the MOD thread that largely posts in encryption...for the time being

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
39 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Already folks seriously looking at 300z charts in the MOD thread for the next round...or next let down in this seriously disappointing winter (to date).

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Haha 

have you been scoring a lot then recently !!

Posted

Latest Long Range Forecast Is Very Interesting By The MetO

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days
UK Outlook for Thursday 24 Jan 2019 to Saturday 2 Feb 2019:
Thursday and Friday will see a very cold north to north-easterly airstream bringing sunshine and showers, the showers giving rain or snow and most frequent in the north and northeast. It looks breezy on Thursday perhaps with coastal gales in the south and east, although winds should ease on Friday. Widespread locally severe night frosts are also likely. Later on Friday, rain preceded by snow may arrive in the far west and northwest, accompanied by strengthening winds. During the weekend and following week a lot of fine weather is expected with the chance of some wintry showers. Staying cold or very cold, with widespread frost. However, some wet and windy weather is likely in the northwest, which may briefly spread further southeast giving some snow on encountering the colder air.

UK Outlook for Sunday 3 Feb 2019 to Sunday 17 Feb 2019:
The northwest of the British Isles may see changeable conditions at first, with spells of rain, strong winds and some snow at times. However, it should become drier, brighter but colder here as the period unfolds. Meanwhile further southeast some bright, quiet periods are expected but with some wintry showers too, the detail of which is very uncertain. It is likely to be cold or very cold, and as a result widespread, locally severe frosts are on the cards. The conditions described above could still be interspersed by some milder, wetter interludes, most likely across southern parts of the British Isles, and this would bring an associated risk of significant snow and ice at times.

Updated: 15:17 on Sat 19 Jan 2019 GMT

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/long-range-forecast

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, yamkin said:

Certainly interesting but the METO long range has been suggesting cold at the end of the forecast period since the middle of December.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Certainly interesting but the METO long range has been suggesting cold at the end of the forecast period since the middle of December.

Yes, but they have changed their forecasts surrounding the cold a few times............The reason I say 'it is interesting' is because their N/NE wind flow forecast is different to the updated ECM & UKMO outputs............They must be sticking to their in house models.

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
24 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Latest Long Range Forecast Is Very Interesting By The MetO

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days
UK Outlook for Thursday 24 Jan 2019 to Saturday 2 Feb 2019:
Thursday and Friday will see a very cold north to north-easterly airstream bringing sunshine and showers, the showers giving rain or snow and most frequent in the north and northeast. It looks breezy on Thursday perhaps with coastal gales in the south and east, although winds should ease on Friday. Widespread locally severe night frosts are also likely. Later on Friday, rain preceded by snow may arrive in the far west and northwest, accompanied by strengthening winds. During the weekend and following week a lot of fine weather is expected with the chance of some wintry showers. Staying cold or very cold, with widespread frost. However, some wet and windy weather is likely in the northwest, which may briefly spread further southeast giving some snow on encountering the colder air.

UK Outlook for Sunday 3 Feb 2019 to Sunday 17 Feb 2019:
The northwest of the British Isles may see changeable conditions at first, with spells of rain, strong winds and some snow at times. However, it should become drier, brighter but colder here as the period unfolds. Meanwhile further southeast some bright, quiet periods are expected but with some wintry showers too, the detail of which is very uncertain. It is likely to be cold or very cold, and as a result widespread, locally severe frosts are on the cards. The conditions described above could still be interspersed by some milder, wetter interludes, most likely across southern parts of the British Isles, and this would bring an associated risk of significant snow and ice at times.

Updated: 15:17 on Sat 19 Jan 2019 GMT

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/long-range-forecast

And tomorrow it will all be downgraded...

Posted

Courtesy of: https://null.community/topic/458-the-new-winter-thread/?do=findComment&comment=69874

GFS op 26th on. 

BIG outlier

look at the spread 25th on. 

Imo. These still look cold.

image.thumb.png.7df66049b0886ae7922d474162696430.pngimage.thumb.png.651804a8a0b65625346256985e56cf03.png

• Like 3

Posted
39 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

and before that in November too that never came to fruition, well colder than average was predicted with only shorter milder interludes - BUST!

Posted
1 minute ago, yamkin said:

Courtesy of: https://null.community/topic/458-the-new-winter-thread/?do=findComment&comment=69874

GFS op 26th on. 

BIG outlier

look at the spread 25th on. 

Imo. These still look cold.

image.thumb.png.7df66049b0886ae7922d474162696430.pngimage.thumb.png.651804a8a0b65625346256985e56cf03.png

As I said earlier I think it will all change again. Charts are all over The place at mo. Get the cold in and see what happens.

• Like 2