Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted

Just wondering something that I'm sure some more learned members could answer. 

If the synoptics for mid to late next week fall in to place and we get N easterly or easterly,will europe have become much colder by then? At the moment northern Europe, apart from scandanavia isn't that cold. 

I'm sure I'd find the answer on the MAD thread but I'm off to the pub and can't be harrised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
27 minutes ago, jright35 said:

Thought it would be busier here tonight⛄

Blame the ECM it's put everyone in the MAD thread on a downer perhaps in this thread too? I'm a bit sceptical of this latest ECM personally as it's changed quite a bit from this morning's Narnia synoptics at pretty short range! Plus we still have the all important UKMO on our side plus GFS JMA and a few others on side (atleast for now!) Hopefully just a pre cold spell wobble. The other thing to consider is atleast we have a little more margin for error than those in the West/South West of the country. Let's all remain positive it's only one run

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
11 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

12z Hirlam for tomorrow morning

24DA1CDB-86DB-4FDA-9F54-7AC65A99C076.thumb.png.1139c0eaebcfc398e4ff962051c4f157.png

That’s interesting as I found the Hiram to be very good last March when we were looking at snow events within a 24hr countdown.Be interesting to see latest GFS after a disappointing ECM That has led to mass over reaction on MOD thread lol.Some people will never learn.Yes granted just when UKMO COMES ON BOARD and then ECM drifts away from a cold/very cold scenario is disappointing but the reaction by some is so OTT.They need to have a hard look at themselves and maybe take a break from that thread even if it is just for 24 hours.

Still feel it is a matter of when not if that the snow will arrive but we may have to wait another 3-5 days longer.Cripes we have waited 49 days of winter without snow so what’s another 3-5 days!!

Posted

I have dug out my thermal pants from the back of the drawer to use for my flights next week.. now I just need to remember what I did with the batteries... Dont like icicles on my pants which is what the models are telling me is going to happen.. chilly willy

• Like 1

Posted

ECM has showed some settling snow over north downs tomorrow morning, maybe some sleet/ wet snow fairly widely think it will depend on having some intensity to it.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

ECM has showed some settling snow over north downs tomorrow morning, maybe some sleet/ wet snow fairly widely think it will depend on having some intensity to it.

Great work on your Twitter lately mate! Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Can’t say the latest beeb forcast with Darren “At least it will be mild” Bett was anything to be excited about.

Mainly dry all next week bar some rain on Tuesday with temps between 4-6c. Possibly colder later in week

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matty J said:

Can’t say the latest beeb forcast with Darren “At least it will be mild” Bett was anything to be excited about.

Mainly dry all next week bar some rain on Tuesday with temps between 4-6c. Possibly colder later in week

One thing you learn quickly is never take bbc forecasting seriously they always undeplay everything to be safe, we could have snowmageden on the charts and the BBC will say below average temps next week act. Once we get nearer then the BBC normally get on-board.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matty J said:

I think for a lot of television meteorologists the golden rule is to make no predictions lest you be thought a Fish (more fool them) I would love to know their salary for their banal 5 minutes of fame

• Like 2

Posted

GFS 18z - If it comes off like that T168 Chart the SE would be absolutely buried in snow by next weekend! 

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

GFS 18z - If it comes off like that T168 Chart the SE would be absolutely buried in snow by next weekend! 

Fingers crossed...it’s been a while since we’ve had a snowfall that’s not marginal, that we’ve not had to wait and watch to see if the dreaded warm sector will wash everything away. Even last March, there was a lot of will it/won’t it going on.

Just to sit and look out in the garden, snow falling steadily, knowing it’ll keep on for a couple of days yet...bliss!

(I will of course ignore thoughts of the work piling up, having to take holiday or time owed in lieu for snow days if I can have that just for a couple of days) 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is it time for Darren Victor Bett to go into hibernation?

Yh and replace him with this Legend 

Still one of my favourite Forecasts, I remember watching this in 1991 and gasping at the expected windchills.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh and replace him with this Legend 

Still one of my favourite Forecasts, I remember watching this in 1991 and gasping at the expected windchills.

-4 max temps -16 wind chill

• Like 2

Posted

Well, my clobbered-o-meter is back up and running for that 18z GFS. Just the 12z ECM not falling right but hopefully in the next few days it’s back to the very cold theme. Seems like a little momentum has gained for some surprise snow tomorrow morning, at 60m up I’m not sure I’m high enough but here’s hoping

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Your about 20 mins SSW of me & about 50M lower - so if yoir seeing snow so Will I

keep us updated

Will do, just hope I can stay awake. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
12 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Hi @DonnaThw 

Try not to worry to much at this stage, until those crazy charts come within a 72h -92h range take with a pinch of salt. 

Its happened before and it will happen again (not necessarily now) snow nirvana charts at day 7 all but vanished/severely watered down 2 days later. 

Tuesday possible snow is still million miles away and Meto have me down as rain. 

All the best to you and the little one. X 

ps.. Latest ECM is still out at day 7 (lala  land) before it gets interesting. 

And just to expand on my post from yesterday. 

The wonderful charts of yesterday have downgraded on the 00z runs. 

ECM 0z has us in a S’Westerley this time next week. 

Edited by Ben Lewis