Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Bogman said:

I'm sticking with Surrey's snow on Tuesday.

i'm expecting it to all go down the toilet as usual

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'm expecting it to all go down the toilet as usual

As long as it's not while I'm trying to get into work, I'm not arsed, but yeah, it either will, or it won't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Bogman said:

As long as it's not while I'm trying to get into work, I'm not arsed, but yeah, it either will, or it won't.

if it could snow and not settles it would not inconvenience anyone, but it's a total waste of snow lol 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

if it could snow and not settles it would not inconvenience anyone, but it's a total waste of snow lol 

It's lovely when it's falling, and I can watch it through a window in my house....much more enjoyable than sitting in endless traffic jams due to the inch of snow falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Amongst all the angst surrounding the will it or won't it snow, sometimes its nice just to enjoy the here and now. Was an amazing cold afternoon dog walk on Esher Common the light was golden and hopefully a frost tonight to look forward to !!

JPEG image-27BA6CBE91A9-1.jpeg

JPEG image-D20719FF14E0-1.jpeg

JPEG image-10F9972A883D-1.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
26 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Amongst all the angst surrounding the will it or won't it snow, sometimes its nice just to enjoy the here and now. Was an amazing cold afternoon dog walk on Esher Common the light was golden and hopefully a frost tonight to look forward to !!

Beautiful pics! I love pine forests the most! I've never been to Esher Common for a walk but it looks similar to Ockham Common if you've ever been there? Those pines will look lovely covered in snow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
Just now, weathergeek said:

Beautiful pics! I love pine forests the most! I've never been to Esher Common for a walk but it looks similar to Ockham Common if you've ever been there? Those pines will look lovely covered in snow!

Thanks !yes I have been to Ockham Common which is pretty similar just a bit further down the A3 I think - we are very lucky in our location in Cobham that our back gardens open on to Fairmile Common the southern bit of Esher common. If we get any snow it really looks like Narnia fingers crossed I can post a pic soon..??!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

Looks beautiful there. What a lovely sunny winters day, can’t beat weather like this (unless it’s a white out blizzard lol). You are absolutely right about enjoying the here and now.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, James Gold said:

ECM looks like snow piling in for us, so still the trend keeps up. Just have a good feeling about next week

Let’s hope so my friend! ??

• Like 1

Posted

CMA - Chinese Model is still showing consistency with the very cold air over the UK/Ireland ❄️❄️❄️

anim_otx0.gif

anim_ils9.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Already have ice forming on the cars, glad Im working from home tomorrow. Bring on the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Just got back from football and had a peep at the mod thread and they are going crazy, it’s like some one has thrown a packet of sweets In a ball pit full of children. Still looking pretty good for this week and next. 

I do love the cold but I was thinking about people today, the homeless, the thought of people sleeping outside in these temperatures really upsets me. My husband is working on the M4 every night and every night he leaves I have to say I’m worried about how cold he’s getting the elderly, you hear so many stories of the elderly freezing in their houses and the sick. Sorry that was a bit sad at the end.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

@DonnaThw, make sure your husband keeps an eye on himself from the POV of hypothermia, in particular if H&S doesn't cover it.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Typical of clear polar air behind a cold front in winter - low pollution and beautiful light.

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

What did you expect, Chris - it is the Hunt for Cold model thread, after all, and any run that predicts an imminent Snowmageddon, is always 'on the money'. The fact that both the GFS 06Z and this arvo's ECM were 'smelling the [same] coffee', doesn't seem to matter: and anywho - points mean prizes!

I've retracted that part of the post.

• Like 1