Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

TBH this is not a bad little Outlook for us, best we can hope for as things stand?

This Evening and Tonight:

Dry, clear and colder conditions spreading to all parts through the evening, once early rain clears London and Kent. Becoming cloudier and breezier around midnight, with occasionally heavy and perhaps wintry showers arriving. Minimum temperature 1 °C.

Thursday:

Feeling colder on Thursday with occasionally heavy and possibly wintry showers soon clearing to sunshine. Frost developing quickly overnight. Winds easing. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Dry, cold and bright start to Friday with rain and sleet reaching far west and spreading east overnight. Cold and cloudy Saturday, turning drier. Sunday brighter but possible sleet later.

Updated: 13:41 on Wed 16 Jan 2019 GMT

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Quite a wild feel out there. Torrential downpour moving over the area. Been a long time since I saw rain like that...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

It's all positive and upbeat again in the MOD thread due to a U-turn by the GFS and a better UKMO run, now for the ECM to ruin everything and Prozac time again.

• Like 1

Posted

Well that was a dramatic drop in temperature! Think the back edge of the front must’ve passed through!

691CCA89-D43A-485E-89D1-A1DAEE96CAD5.png

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Looks like we have the potential to be  in for some "last minute, crop up surprises" over the next week or so! Meto on board so feeling more optimistic than normal!x

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Oh dear got burnt again in the MOD thread to suggest the pattern at post day 10 might be a bit flat upstream (just as a hypothetical view point) and yes posts coming out saying I was 'worrying' and 'outrageous with my quotes' - but strangely it's Okay to suggest locked in cold at day 10 and similar suggestions.

Pretty angry and not sure I'll post in that thread again...

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted

CMA - Chinese Model is still showing consistency with the very cold air over UK/Ireland ❄️❄️

anim_gve2.gif

anim_obq4.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I went on to the mod thread earlier in the day to find it was a very u happy place and now once again things seem to have turned around. Netweather are forecasting a 86% chance of snow for us on Wednesday/Thursdays what on earth happened ?????????? Have they seen something or do you think they felt sorry for us people near the coast????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Liking the look of that High, just to the North of Scandinavia on the 12z ECM. I know at it's at t216 and we'd need it to be showing at a much closer timescale but IMO it is certainly on the menu. Lapland has been having quite a bit of snow recently, courtesy of low pressure in the Norwegian Sea and finding itself on the N.E. flank, of our resident High. But it would be quite a logical progression to see a High build over the bitter cold snowfields of Scandinavia.

ECM t216 (500's)

image.thumb.png.026c318be4e4d1e30420b6255dfd62f2.png

ECM t216 (850's)

image.thumb.png.95cef579fbc603dfb13e119ae9467f49.png

If this scenario did occur we could then start to see those deep pinks/purples, dropping S.W., towards us!!

Somebody on the Model thread suggested January 1987, revisited. During that spell, the S.E. experienced 850 temps of around -20c, which gave a temperature differential in the mid to late 20'sC. This temperature differential caused great instability between the Upper Air (850 temps) and the surface of the North Sea. Normal "Snow Streamers", merged into a great Ocean of snow, for the S.E. Here is a link to a website showing current S.S.T's, around our coastline:

https://www.seatemperature.org/europe/united-kingdom/

Here's hoping that we see this kind of Synoptic set-up, come to fruition. Still a long way off of course but we could see some substantial snowfall totals, if it happens!! 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Some of our region could even see a little wintriness from a glancing blow of a "Dwarf from the North"

image.thumb.png.78fd238e79b16648e20cc70fcfbdc6d5.png

But of course it's another visit from a "Beast from the East", that we all hanker for!!

image.thumb.png.7647ba49181e590734b78b21a868c671.png

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 5

Posted

Looks like an spell is coming. Look forward to Steve murrs post that will give us ideas of where snow will fall for our region. But we have to wait till we are at least 24h out to get any idea of where snow will fall. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Things starting to get interesting now and if there is universal agreement over next 24-48 hours from the big 3 over “slider gate” Then  the SE could be in business for early next week(22nd onwards).That would tie in nicely from the thoughts of Ian Currie who was kind enough to share his thoughts with TOMSE12 over last weekend.We just need the first slider to edge another 50 miles further West and then we are in with a shout. Nothing set in stone but at least we are in the game!!Would be great to see the SE THREAD IN MELTDOWN if the snow starts to fall and settle and with it come the glorious landscapes that can be shown by all the members on this forum.

• Like 4

Possible Wintryness tomorrow Morning alligned with that trough over wales passing through-

NW of the region could then see some snow Friday Eve as the slider low fires its PPN east-

ICON

8FDB769C-6A2F-4D53-87E3-0ED7C0C87BF7.thumb.png.4aeac00110ad818c73afb48ae3b56da2.png

Current Temp in NAG .... 2.5c

• Like 3

Evening peeps

A very late one from me hope you all are ok. Just saw the extended BBC forcast I am confused. Com. The presenter said it will get cold for the week ahead but he went on to say high pressure building over us. This has got me concerned we all know what the previous high done.

He did say at the end there is still uncertainty and keep tuned. No one knows for sure what's going to happen it's a waiting game. Fingers crossed we get our Easterly.

the wait for our winter wonderland continues.

night night peeps

kind regards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

This might be a completely stupid theory considering my still learning status.... I've noticed the Chinese and Japanese models both seem to have called this cold spell and shown more consistency.... we wondered if the SSW was affecting the chopping/changing output of GFS/ECM/UKMO - could it be that because the chinese/Japanese models were on the other side of where the SSW took place that they weren't as confused so much by it?! (This is where my brain drifts to at 11:22pm when I should really be asleep, lol!)x

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, steveinsussex said:

There is no way it will verify

It will get chilly but nothing like the charts that are showing

Mystic meg what are the lottery numbers?   A few of us could see some wintry showers in very near term temperatures look to be colder at 2pm than in wee hours. 

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

This might be a completely stupid theory considering my still learning status.... I've noticed the Chinese and Japanese models both seem to have called this cold spell and shown more consistency.... we wondered if the SSW was affecting the chopping/changing output of GFS/ECM/UKMO - could it be that because the chinese/Japanese models were on the other side of where the SSW took place that they weren't as confused so much by it?! (This is where my brain drifts to at 11:22pm when I should really be asleep, lol!)x

I have been monitoring the CMA - Chinese model for a few days and it has been very consistent with very cold flowing our way with the BFTE in the mix........Some models in general will go up and down on outputs due to the SSW propagating to the troposphere.........

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the radar that blob of precip is growing and becoming increasingly wintry? Something to watch?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
10 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Looking at the radar that blob of precip is growing and becoming increasingly wintry? Something to watch?

It can't be ruled out 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
10 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

It can't be ruled out 

East Anglia looking like the best place for tomorrow.:oldsmile:

19011715_1618.gif

Posted

Is the "Dwarf from the North", about to pay a visit, to some in the Region??

image.png.2bbbb5d91b74acc6ea5f65332845c756.png

Dutch Radar think so.

https://www.buienradar.nl/nederland/neerslag/sneeuwradar

And what's this below, our own Mr.Fish appearing in a photo opportunity, with Mr. Nathan "at least it won't be mild" Rao, of the Daily Express?? Michael how could you??

image.thumb.png.07edbc1187ad25b74216ab7df42c2755.png

I actually went for the same job at the "Express", as Nathan. I did well at the interview but they found me a bit too, wordy. My motto has always been, "Why use one word when you can use twenty"!!  They thought I might turn the "Express", into a Broadsheet!! That would risk them losing thousands, from their readership!! Also that Mr.Rao's, Donald Trump like "Faux Weather" headlines, would boost their sales.

Would like some help from S.E.Region members, please. We've had the "Beast from the East", a glancing visit from the "Dwarf from the North". I had the "Pest from the West" primed and ready, for the Summer just gone but the Heatwave Anticyclonic conditions meant I had to keep that one under wraps, for another Summer. I've been racking my brains, to come up with a similar Daily Express/Sun type headline for inclement weather, arriving from the South.

Thought I'd ask S.E.Region members first before contacting Ian Hislop and Paul Merton of, Read All About It!!

Please fill in the missing word. The ------------ From The South.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted

well  what  i can looking at the gfs we  in the east   could get snow  by the load  if that right  could be interesting getting about  soon!!:cold:

Edited by tinybill
  • Like 2