Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

There is no way anyone or those in the MOD thread can know this far out about the chances of snow ....The Yamkin motto: Get the cold in first and then focus on the snow at least a few days beforehand ❄️❄️❄️ There are good signs for much colder conditions which will be great for snow potential ❄️

Thank you @yamkin your always brilliant and you're one of the people's post I always look for first

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

When I went to collect bubs from ninja class there was a definitely nippy feel to the breeze. 

Posted

starting  to get worried!!!  model thread are happy!!!  and looking  at the models  not surprised  Feb looking  interesting for us 

• Like 2

Posted

Testing Testing 1234 - I'm getting into the ramping mood ❄️❄️❄️

1694113823_SerbiaSnow.thumb.png.ab5ffcff2a427bf82a8c4c6f42be0d37.png

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, SLEETY said:

well they been predicting that for ages still waiting......

I don’t find these posts particularly helpful the SSW just happened at start of 2019 we’re seeing the fruits of this in model output Rome wasn’t built overnight. It’s probable a fair few of us will have seen snow within next 10 days. ECM mean is fantastic and it’s very much mirroring EPS which has remained steadfast for over a week. Winter is coming...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I don't usually quote ITV weather lol but they said all the rumours of a freeze are true, especially later in the month

• Like 1

Posted

Can anyone else do better than this? It's a Ramping Yamkin competition ❄️

2046750512_HouseSnowRamp.thumb.jpg.2303724640bd9592dcd4ab0ed0bff71e.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

A very early morning to all,

Still remain content with how we are "ticking" along to the evolution of a much colder spell of weather now. Have just seen a recording of, "Weather For The Week Ahead", with Darren, "at least it will be mild" Bett. But Darren seems to have replaced his "catchphrase" with "It is Winter, after all". And begrudgingly suggested, "This cold air could linger, for quite some time". Poor Darren!!

Just want to return to my latest, prolonged conversation with Ian Currie on Saturday evening. Mr.Currie was still expecting to see a transition to colder conditions, starting this coming weekend. Although the models seem to be trying to bring that in, a few days early. Ian did suggest though that it may take a few attempts before we experience a Northerly of note, perhaps eventually turning N.E., for a while. He did suggest we may see High Pressure build over Scandinavia, as we head into February, although Ian did state he didn't think it was guaranteed.

As I stated on Saturday evening, our prolonged "yacking",caused Colette's Sunday meal to be ruined. Below, are a few diagrams, showing the culinary disaster occurring!!

Diagram 1A, shows the effect of a Sudden Sunday (over) Warming, of our Lasagna. The dip in temperature correlates to when Colette took the Lasagna out of the oven, to check on it. She then popped it back in the oven and promptly, forgot about it. Although looking at the temperature scale this maybe depicting the temperature rise experienced by our Baked Alaska, after Colette inadvertently popped that in the oven, too. She claimed that my over long conversation with Ian, had left her confused!!

1A):

image.png.3b517c81cb9d90885f643abf100f3bb8.png

Diagram 1B, depicts the core of the Lasagna, getting burnt.

1B)

image.png.200f328ab581545104c4ff4ab51c2606.png

Diagram 1C, shows the same problem occurring with our Baked Alaska. It ended up a very unpleasant, slushy mess!! Unfortunately, both dishes were subject to a QTR (Quick Temperature Response) and ruined our evening meal, which I'm still in the "dog-house" for!!

1C)

image.png.ceb3cc47eef0120ef051ac28a2f86edb.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

PS. Only joking sweetheart, just a bit of silly "Artistic Licence". Colette gallantly ate the burnt Lasagna, whilst she gave my Stepson and myself the perfectly cooked one, bless her!! Btw, only had a piece of chocolate cheesecake for dessert, really!! Have made a mental note to myself NOT to phone Mr.Currie, when dinner is about to be dished up, otherwise another culinary car-crash, could ensue!!

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted

Quote:

"I’m not sure I can TIKKA this seriously !"  

Just wanted to reply to this comment made by SHOTSKI, back on 5th January, about my conversation with Ian Currie.

I've known Mr.Currie, for a few years now and I really don't think he's ROGAN JOSHing us!! :nonono:

Ian became interested in Meteorology after having many ALOO CHAAT'S with his GARLIC NAAN. She told him many wondrous tales of past epic Winters. I really hope he's called this evolution to cold correctly. Although the Forecast Models may get themselves into a bit of a LIME PICKLE, trying to adjust to the SSW. I really hope it doesn't all go pear-shaped. Or as Johnny Nash sang back in 1975, it could all end with "Tears on my PILAU". Let's hope we have a smooth transition to cold now and we can count down the clock until we reach to, just a day out (t24). Or as Gene CHUTNEY sang back in 1963. we'd only be "24 hours from TILDA(rice)". If this cold weather doesn't come to fruition Mr.Currie could then end up with EGG FRIED RICE, all over his face!!

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Quote:

"I’m not sure I can TIKKA this seriously !"  

Just wanted to reply to this comment made by SHOTSKI, back on 5th January, about my conversation with Ian Currie.

I've known Mr.Currie, for a few years now and I really don't think he's ROGAN JOSHing us!! 

Ian became interested in Meteorology after having many ALOO CHAAT'S with his GARLIC NAAN. She told him many wondrous tales of past epic Winters. I really hope he's called this evolution to cold correctly. Although the Forecast Models may get themselves into a bit of a LIME PICKLE, trying to adjust to the SSW. I really hope it doesn't all go pear-shaped. Or as Johnny Nash sang back in 1975, it could all end with "Tears on my PILAU". Let's hope we have a smooth transition to cold now and we can count down the clock until we reach to, just a day out (t24). Or as Gene CHUTNEY sang back in 1963. we'd only be "24 hours from TILDA(rice)". If this cold weather doesn't come to fruition Mr.Currie could then end up with EGG FRIED RICE, all over his face!!

Regards,

Tom.  

Hopefully his forecast will come true and we’ll all have winter Naania 

Love your updates as ever

• Like 2

Posted

Hi Shotski,

Thanks for your kind words. Yes here's hoping for a NAANia type snow event, too.

A lot of those silly puns originated back from when I was working, in Croydon. An Indian Restaurant was just about to open nearby and they sent out their menu, to local businesses. In the crease of the menu it proclaimed, "A NEWLEY OPENED RESTAURANT". A great typo!! I'd often wondered what had happened to Tony Newley, I was pleased to hear that he was still getting gigs, at local Restaurants. A lot of our members will be to young to know who Anthony Newley was. Here he is below:

image.png.dc879b9f88d6c5cd5f2e1ef8dfee34dc.png

Regards,

• Like 4

Posted

Morning 

Cooler than expected at 2.4c and local reports showing 0c. Hopefully won’t be as cloudy and warm as forecast today too!

Posted

Quote: (from my post further up the page):

"As I stated on Saturday evening, our prolonged "yacking",caused Colette's Sunday meal to be ruined."

Obviously, I had my conversation with Ian Currie on Sunday evening. Colette never cooks Sunday dinner, 24 hours in advance!! :nonono:

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, yamkin said:

They'll look stupid if in 14 days most of England doesn't see a single flake ! 

Having been off for a few days, catching up with the charts - nothing has moved on much from last week in terms of solid cold potential - unless I'm missing something? I really don't get what all the metoffice and BBC, other television forecaster ramps are all about. Yes the potential will increase - but still to a relatively low potential at this stage. This country really is crazy

Posted
36 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

They'll look stupid if in 14 days most of England doesn't see a single flake ! 

Having been off for a few days, catching up with the charts - nothing has moved on much from last week in terms of solid cold potential - unless I'm missing something? I really don't get what all the metoffice and BBC, other television forecaster ramps are all about. Yes the potential will increase - but still to a relatively low potential at this stage. This country really is crazy

Yeah, can't wait for unseasonable warmth to set in the next two weeks. 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

00z EC showing some wintry showers for our region, with dare I say it, snow falling, Thursday morning.

AF11EADF-792A-4FBC-BAFB-AEE01230B0F6.thumb.png.3c37955f641de72cdd7c20b4df148380.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Shotski,

Thanks for your kind words. Yes here's hoping for a NAANia type snow event, too.

A lot of those silly puns originated back from when I was working, in Croydon. An Indian Restaurant was just about to open nearby and they sent out their menu, to local businesses. In the crease of the menu it proclaimed, "A NEWLEY OPENED RESTAURANT". A great typo!! I'd often wondered what had happened to Tony Newley, I was pleased to hear that he was still getting gigs, at local Restaurants. A lot of our members will be to young to know who Anthony Newley was. Here he is below:

Regards,

Wasn't he married to Joan Collins back in the 60's? or have I got the wrong one

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Shotski,

Regards,

Tom.  

I only know 3 things about Anthony Newley:

1) he was an actor and a singer

2) he was married to Joan Collins and had two children with her

3) my Mum didn’t like his voice at all

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

The weather this morning does feel like it’s on the change, I took the kids to school and  there was a definite cold but in the air. Yesterday even started to feel a little spring like but today it’s back to winter. 

A massive update for my area on the BBC app forecast for next week, I know I shouldn’t believe it but it’s nice to see two big blobs of snow on the forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Just done a 3k walk,beautiful,and a definite nip in the air,I really hope we get plastered soon,we deserve it have a good day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

i actually felt hot in my jumper and puffer this morning, to the point i was sweating. Didn't feel that cold to me.