Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 hours ago, Sharpedge said:

Too many trolls on the main thread, getting beyond a joke now.

Possibly if there was less belief in every run is the gospel there might be less derision from some. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

particularly isobar's posts - all in encryption, I'm sure about 98% of the posters don't know what he's going on about.

I go in there to look at the charts and come out more confused than i went in.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

particularly isobar's posts - all in encryption, I'm sure about 98% of the posters don't know what he's going on about.

I even found the worshipped fergie weather's tweets to be incomprehensible 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Often go in MOD thread just to try and learn and also to have a chuckle to myself at some of the reactions to the models as they churn out.We are all passionate about the weather and let’s be honest about “snow” but it is only the weather and people lose perspective sometimes-too much bickering which is sad.I think as many have said the cold spell is coming but I don’t think it will reach the SE TILL AT LEAST THE 20th January.Thereafter I think we will be in the game and if the likes of GP are to be believed we could have a good chance of cold as February progresses.I have also began to feel Mr Currie thoughts courtesy of TOMSE8 could be the way forward.All very interesting to watch and we are not at mid winter point yet.Hope we are all rewarded in this thread with a good dollop of snow before months end. 

• Like 2

Posted

bbc weather stuck their neck out and said that after next week it will turn significantly colder with an increased chance of snow 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to those very kind words from up the thread, from my fellow Bromleyites, DonnaThw and Hotspur61 plus kind words too, from Snow Queen one. Although H61, seems to have relocated me to Deptford, SE.8?? But I'm definitely in Lee, SE12, just up the road from my beloved home town of Bromley.

I experienced the '62/'63 Winter in Hayes, just south of Bromley (I was 7 at the time and have vague recollections of huge piles of snow, swept aside from tenants driveways) I was attending Pickhurst Primary School at the time. My claim to fame was that I was the best friend of Peter Frampton's brother.

He was a member of Bromley/Beckenham band The Herd, back in the mid to late '60's, some of you old enough may remember them.

image.png.8b07c0ae79755993ddc1e25a9b0a2c25.png

Peter Frampton then went on to have a very successful solo career, especially in the States. The Frampton's father taught at Bromley Technical College (one of his pupils was David Jones, later to become David Bowie). Peter also attended, Bromley Tech. The two of them would "Jam", during lunch breaks. My eldest sister was in the same class as Bowie, in a Primary School, in Bromley. Our Mother completes the circle as she sometimes used to bump into Bowie's Mum, in our local park. One day Bowie's Mother, said to my Mother, " David's just released a song, Space Oddity but we don't think it will do very well!! How wrong, could she have been??

Some of my other notable weather experiences came when I lived between Bromley North and Grove Park.  Including a White Xmas in 1970, the 1976 Heatwave Summer. When I finally got "computerised", I was living with my first wife in Anerley, in the extreme N.W., of the Bromley Borough. It was there that I experienced the severe Jan 1987 spell and also the Michael Fish "non-hurricane". I became a member of Netweather in Jan2005, as TomSE20.

So I've had many incarnations, SE20, KentishConvergencezone (in honour of Thames Streamers), BR7 (when I lived with my children in Chislehurst) and now SE12 but certainly not SE8. Nearly as many as Dr.Who but I can safely say, unlike Dr.Who, my next one won't be as a female!! :nonono:

Right, off to view the rest of the overnight runs and hopefully I'll have more news from Ian Currie, later.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
10 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I even found the worshipped fergie weather's tweets to be incomprehensible 

There is too much shipping in that thread.  I though most who post charts and stuff would be knowledgeable, but one can do a post and hardly anyone will comment, then another will more or less say the same and the post suddenly becomes 'popular'  Drives me mad trying to learn a bit here or there so I have given up, for now.

It rained last night. It's 11 degrees with cloudy skies, according to alexa. Bless her. 

• Like 2

Posted

Finally had some rain over the last two days even if it was just mundane drizzle. Been very cloudy over the last 6 days. BBC Weather shows light snow for the 22nd and 23rd - becoming colder. 

Posted

Well there is some "colder" weather in the outlook for around a week or so maybe starting Saturday  , maybe Monday.  Re the output and model thread. A very wise member of the forum always advise the following. 1) Don't compare 6z,12,18z etc with each other as they use different data sets( well 6/12 do and 18 and 0 do )  it is much better to look for a pattern from one 12z say to the previous day. Is the cold firming up , look less likely , does it show the same thing on 2 runs 24 hours, 48 hours apart etc.

Then understand that irrespective , the runs tend to initially come up with a more extreme outpit in the long term, they then scale it back from either end with negative or positive feedback compare on what actually occurs.

As for the trolling etc, that is just part of modern life sadly,  a large number of people think their opinion is the only one that is right, and if your arguement has even the slightest fault you are annihilated,even if theirs is stuck together with pritstick.

Any way let's look forward to something colder.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

That E'ly looks a warm one across Europe?? Look at the uppers!

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

That E'ly looks a warm one across Europe?? Look at the uppers!

has it been disregarded in the model thread because it doesn't show cold lol

Posted

Afternoon All,

I have not really been on here for about 2 years as I have been working in Germany, near Munich ironically, where I did not see that much in the way of snow over that period, look at it now!

Anyway I am back in the UK for the next 9 moths at least so looking forward to some good old British weather, what ever that may mean these days.

It is still feeling pretty mild in and around Southend, so I have not really needed a coat on the walk to the train station just yet.

Cheers

FC

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Good afternoon everyone.

Since the late morning, there have been bright spells and intermittent sunshine. It is also quite a breezy day.

Posted

well that both  cars waxed  cleaned  and ready what ever coming next week   end    if the  models  are   right!!!!!

Posted
12 minutes ago, tinybill said:

well that both  cars waxed  cleaned  and ready what ever coming next week   end    if the  models  are   right!!!!!

Waxed my snow shovel as well!   Had it for quite a few years, it’s only ever been used to shovel up dead leaves in the autumn.

• Like 1

Posted

Well the jolly bbc app shows Halesworth is supposedly having light snow all day on Tuesday 22nd. Somehow I doubt it, but stranger things have happened ⛄

5031560A-C930-45CF-8C1B-70C738D7291C.png

Edited by Blazerblue
Added pic

I really think despite the hold on efforts and wait till the SSW plays a part.. We are not going to get the golden ticket. 

Winter 2018/2019 is going to go down as the most boring and dull winter on record. 

We just can't seem to sustain any kind of proper cold at all. Even the great runs of this morning are alone really. It's the first time this winter we have had proper charts.. 

Nevermind, I had this winter down in my book as mild and wet.. Got the first part right thus far...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Seems if it can go the way of the pear,it will do,we just cannot shake this high pressure away

Posted

Ah well perfect day today with a drying wind  to get the ride-on mower out and carry out some "winter" mowing and garden stuff. Grass was suitably long given the mild temperatures all very invigorating.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just had a really long and interesting chat with local Meteorologist Ian Currie. About to have my dinner and will post up some of his thoughts afterwards. 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1