Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
15 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

This is a youtube link, then it can be any size!

So i need my own youtube channel i take it

Posted

Hopefully the day 10 ecm chart will be further north in reality then we would be drawing in a very cold easterly over our region,if it verifies anything like that of course.

Maybe we can rival the snow depth in Austria etc if true we get exceptional uppers ☃️⛷⛸☃️⛷⛸❄️

Posted

Croydon Council have fully stocked up on salt/grit for the very cold conditions ❄️❄️ The big boss was at the depot making sure all is ready.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Is the cold going to be like the summer heat because if i'm going to freeezeee my bum off then I want a reason! I am still salty from my lack of thunder from the heat. 

BTW I understand the pain about working in a supermarket when it snows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
5 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Thanks for that post Tom.  I look forward to seeing his and your views later.  Yes the  model thread does seem to beat people up for having different views to others.  Just glad you are still posting.

SQ-

Thanks for those kind words, S. Q. one. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report from Ian Currie, later on.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 5

Posted

Up to 8.4c here today under a persistent blanket of cloud, felt chilly on a seafront walk this morning and never seemed to get properly light.

Currently 7.7c and breezy.

Looking forward to your update later Ian.

Posted
20 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Up to 8.4c here today under a persistent blanket of cloud, felt chilly on a seafront walk this morning and never seemed to get properly light.

Currently 7.7c and breezy.

Looking forward to your update later Ian.

Hi Lottie,

I'll be speaking to Ian Currie, in a short while.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 4

Posted

Too many trolls on the main thread, getting beyond a joke now.

pity there isn’t a system whereby contributors have a rating.  This rating to be earned and maybe graded by the hierarchy of Netweather.  It would be easy therefore to just take the low grade contributors with a pinch of salt and just concentrate on reading the pukkah stuff.

Probably been discussed before but at time of this potential these people seem to take a delight in winding up those of us who are not experts.

Maybe this is something that’s just peculiar to the UK.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

I’ve nowhere near enough knowledge to contribute to the main forum but my instinct is that things are shaping up nicely for the end of the month and beyond.

Apart from the fantastic contributions of the more learned posters, very encouraging that the MO update now talks of “very cold” conditions. Only a subtle upgrade but noteable nonetheless.

FWIW this feels a bit like Jan 13 where, from memory, we in the SE had a couple of near miss sliders before a good fall on the Friday, followed by, for me at least, a better fall on the Sunday when a low moved up from the south.

Would happily take that again, especially if we get March 13 thrown is as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 hour ago, Sharpedge said:

pity there isn’t a system whereby contributors have a rating.  This rating to be earned and maybe graded by the hierarchy of Netweather.  It would be easy therefore to just take the low grade contributors with a pinch of salt and just concentrate on reading the pukkah stuff.

Probably been discussed before but at time of this potential these people seem to take a delight in winding up those of us who are not experts.

That would be a great idea to rate them in the thread, I tend to listen to only a few on the thread especially the ones that are very good from this thread @yamkin @TomSE12 @Steve Murr they're just a few from this group that I turn to, I do think we are lucky in this here because we do have some very knowledgeable people in this group who are nice

The papers are starting to get on board now with the possibility of cold next week, who knows if it may come off but it seems more and more likely, it  isn't just the usual papers which are reporting it now either. The wind is getting up now but nothing that's to awful. that's about as much as I have to report abut this dull weather 

Edited by DonnaThw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Hi There

I am a little concerned that they are saying on the mad thread that the states is going into the freezer in the near future and surely this will fire up the atlantic jet which will mean the end of our "promised" cold spell

• Like 2

Posted

Still not overly concerned with the output tonight.

Havn't been able to get in touch with Ian Currie but will try and get through to him tomorrow for his latest thoughts.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
43 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

That would be a great idea to rate them in the thread, I tend to listen to only a few on the thread especially the ones that are very good from this thread @yamkin @TomSE12 @Steve Murr they're just a few from this group that I turn to, I do think we are lucky in this here because we do have some very knowledgeable people in this group who are nice

The trouble with the mod thread is that a load of imby people clog up the thread with 1 liners and no charts to back up their comments that all the good posts can get lost.  It then becomes a chore to trawl through them to read the balanced posts.  So I tend to steer clear of posting in there.  And just lurk around.  I think we have lost too many good posters on this forum because a few uninformed people are rude to them.

I have to say that our thread in the SE is one of the friendliest and I to think we are very lucky to have the above mentioned posters.

SQ1

• Like 5

Posted
17 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

Hi There

I am a little concerned that they are saying on the mad thread that the states is going into the freezer in the near future and surely this will fire up the atlantic jet which will mean the end of our "promised" cold spell

There has been two SSW events which can halt the Atlantic flow from West to East.

There was a polar vortex split in three sections and if the funneling/propagation from the Troposphere continues, these three split sections could enhance a very cold airflow - Well, this is going to take place for parts of the USA with very cold airflow. 

I remember back in 2010 when we had the amazing snow & ice days and guess what? Parts of the USA was very cold too with loads of snow.

The LRF models are showing a cold end to January and all the way into Spring. Let's see if the LRF models are correct.

Interesting times ahead ❄️ ❄️

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

There has been two SSW events which can halt the Atlantic flow from West to East.

There was a polar vortex split in three sections and if the funneling/propagation from the Troposphere continues, these three split sections could enhance a very cold airflow - Well, this is going to take place for parts of the USA with very cold airflow. 

I remember back in 2010 when we had the amazing snow & ice days and guess what? Parts of the USA was very cold too with loads of snow.

The LRF models are showing a cold end to January and all the way into Spring. Let's see if the LRF models are correct.

Interesting times ahead ❄️ ❄️

many thanks yamkin  for that explanation

• Like 1

Posted

Everyone is happy again in the mod thread for the next two hours at least. Finally had some weather even though it was just rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 hours ago, Sharpedge said:

Not just trolls, if a few of us get laughed at for fishing for likes, they have a whole fleet.  Can't say the main contributor, but I i don't think i need to.

Don't bother with the model threads. rather see a day to day forecast, not what might happen at day 10.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Dami said:

Not just trolls, if a few of us get laughed at for fishing for likes, they have a whole fleet.  Can't say the main contributor, but I i don't think i need to.

Don't bother with the model threads. rather see a day to day forecast, not what might happen at day 10.

if you don't want to have a clue about what will happen read the mod thread

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

I went in there around 6 'ish (after the gfs/p 12z came out) and again after ecm came out - voiced my opinions of total nationwide snow and over reactions to 300+ hours of 'snowmaggedon' and of course the sad faces and replies came back at me...got out quick!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
11 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

if you don't want to have a clue about what will happen read the mod thread

particularly isobar's posts - all in encryption, I'm sure about 98% of the posters don't know what he's going on about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Froze were the Days said:

particularly isobar's posts - all in encryption, I'm sure about 98% of the posters don't know what he's going on about.

I’m concerned that those less in the nohow think it’s actually insightful it’s all German to me it takes a talent to decipher. Although he is a nice guy and a resident to SE thread - we love you tight isobars..

• Like 3