Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Awww nice video @moogyboobles! It's always nice to keep memories, especially when the weather is concerned!

• Like 1

Posted

LOL I've stared at the same weather pattern now for 2 weeks on the bbc. Still no significant rainfall (18 days now). Might have a small rain shower tomorrow but nobody really knows. This Atlantic high whilst keeping everything dry is starting to get annoying - come on easterlies start nudging it, you can do it! (And don't forget the snow)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Callum (Kirkcaldy Weather) for popping down from Scotland, on his keyboard and giving such a superb explanation, to the points raised yesterday by Angela (Reefseeker). I became aware of Callum through him entering my Fantasy Competitions. I'm sure most of you have read Callum's superb posts, on the Model thread. What you won't know is that Callum is only twenty-two. I wished I'd had that much Meteorological knowledge and passion for my hobby, at that age. I really hope that doesn't sound patronising, Callum. You are a credit to the Scottish thread!!:clapping:

I came across these posts after arriving home from a G.P.'s appt, yesterday afternoon. I'd gone to the appt., to try and get some answers and pain relief, to a problem that's plagued me for a couple of years after returning home from Hospital, after suffering from a Haemorrhagic Stroke, in Sept.2015. Evidently, Doctors think I'm suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia. The Stroke plus resultant invasive brain surgery that took place at King's College Hospital, has caused damage to the Trigeminal Nerve, on the left hand side of my brain. This latest attack has lasted for the best part of four weeks and it ruined my Christmas, somewhat. I'm now to be referred back to my Neurologist, for further investigation. Anyway had my B.P. checked and that was fine, which reassured me.

When I arrived home, I started to type a PM to Angela but was so tired (I'd been up since 4.30 AM) and started to fall asleep at the keyboard, so had to abort the PM and went to bed for a few hours. Fortunately, I was able to send Angela a PM, later in the evening.

I was trying to find a Video blog that our own Steve Murr, Glacier Point (Stewart Rampling), John Holmes and Brickfielder, put together, when they previewed a Winter a few years ago, when I was TomSE20 but I couldn't find it. Some of you may remember it?

But I did come across this. It's a youtube video of Glacier Point (Stewart Rampling), giving his long range Forecast for the Winter of 2011/12. Perhaps those members who havn't seen it may enjoy seeing G.P., as we know he's held in high esteem, on this forum. Hope the Forum Host, has no objection to my posting this up!!:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 5

Posted
14 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Evening all, 

Sorry another post about Darren Mild Bett..

The Mild lover greets our screens on a another national BBC evening news forecast just now. 

“Temperatures up 12c, that’s pretty mild for this time of year and unlike other parts of Europe - No snow” 

Let’s hope we get a freezing cold second half of winter to swipe that smug mild loving grin off his face. 

As @stainesbloke said, where’s Rob McEllwee when you need him. 

Well I don't think anyone could try and put lipstick on this pig of a forecast. Truly awful for January. Awful. 

Will be pushing on for nearly a month without any rain which can present problems for the south east later in the year. 

Screenshot_20190111-090524.thumb.png.50883dbcbd4f45228f78020e2048b28d.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

This morning was mild and damp. I was wearing my scarf because a girl needs those 'cost per wear' on items. Enjoyed a nice peaceful walk home from taking  bubs to school and to be fair it was the perfect temperature. 

Edited by Dami

Posted
4 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Well I don't think anyone could try and put lipstick on this pig of a forecast. Truly awful for January. Awful. 

Will be pushing on for nearly a month without any rain which can present problems for the south east later in the year. 

Screenshot_20190111-090524.thumb.png.50883dbcbd4f45228f78020e2048b28d.png

Always darkest just before the dawn. (Actually is it? )

the longest March starts with a small step. (Does it ?)

anyway, cheer up, it might just snow ...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

I found this in my parents' things, a snow fight I had with my sister and neighbour. We did not have the wrong kind of snow for me in February 1991 in South Woodham.
I'm the green one. 

i can never post videos, it always says file too big:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

chance of wintry showers WOW! pops open the champers still in the fridge.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

RIP Diane Oxberry. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
4 hours ago, yamkin said:

image.thumb.png.4e792292761a58580cf3d1df89046f91.png

‘Chance’ riveting. 

Reading the models and viewing posts the chance of wintry showers - best bet NE England & Scotland within the 7 day period. 

Post 7 days is anyone’s guess be it mild or cold.

Heres hoping post day 8 provides for our region. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

To start I just want to say YAY @TomSE12 I know you understand that. 

The weather is dull the temperature is dull. When I know there might be a chance of a change in the weather either to snow or hot weather I get a little excited in my tummy  no such luck at the minute.  It’s going to be a long week ahead for us watching this weather,  the charts  seem to be on course for maybe a little sprinkling (mainly in the north) but you never know 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Well, I’m really torn , as a supermarket manager that has bad memories of the last year because  the snow crippled logistics for weeks even after the snow departed ,I feel i I am ready for a year without any .

However my passion for snow is just to strong and in my heart I want tons of the stuff . Looks promising in a week or so time .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Well, I’m really torn , as a supermarket manager that has bad memories of the last year because  the snow crippled logistics for weeks even after the snow departed ,I feel i I am ready for a year without any .

However my passion for snow is just to strong and in my heart I want tons of the stuff . Looks promising in a week or so time .

have you been told to prepare for anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
12 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

To start I just want to say YAY @TomSE12 I know you understand that. 

The weather is dull the temperature is dull. When I know there might be a chance of a change in the weather either to snow or hot weather I get a little excited in my tummy  no such luck at the minute.  It’s going to be a long week ahead for us watching this weather,  the charts  seem to be on course for maybe a little sprinkling (mainly in the north) but you never know 

Hi Donna,

Yes I do get your "drift", thanks!! :oldsmile:Very content with the way Ian Currie's (local Meteorologist) views are panning out!! Still too early to break open the champagne just yet though. But the signs are encouraging!! 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

have you been told to prepare for anything

No, Last winter when I said cold weather was due ( from memory it was much more straight forward )  and we needed to take action etc my superior posted a pic of a person in a mankini and basically laughed it off , it was all good natured but I knew then that things was going to go wrong as he would have already been given fore  warning  , not that my superior had any influence anyway , but this attitude is reflected a lot because of hyperbole stories from the express etc as you know lassie . I have again said to the same person that a SSW has taken place again and to be honest I have been given a similar reaction . Oh well 

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I have just peaked at my BBC weather app  and the 21st they are showing sleety showers, that’s positive even though apps can’t be trusted they must think something is brewing 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

i can never post videos, it always says file too big:cc_confused:

This is a youtube link, then it can be any size!